Will we get Cyanogen Mod for the Galaxy?

Guest gr8gorilla

Guest gr8gorilla

I saw a few days ago when Cyanogen was working on the EVO that Paul asked him if he should do a vendor overlay for the Galaxy-S. The reply was that that would be awesome because cyan hadn't slept in two days because of EVO. So I am wondering what if any progress has been made towards this endeavor?

Guest unfnknblvbl

this chap on Twitter has indicated his willingness to work on CM for Galaxy S, but he doesn't have a device. Heh.

Maybe if we all gave him a tenner, it might happen.

Guest DistortedLoop
this chap on Twitter has indicated his willingness to work on CM for Galaxy S, but he doesn't have a device. Heh.

Maybe if we all gave him a tenner, it might happen.

I'm not sure how connected to Team Douche that guy is. I'd certainly throw in $10 to cyanogen/team douche to get them a Galaxy S if it meant cyanogen mod for our phone.

I suspect that with the Galaxy variants hitting the US market finally, on two of the networks, and the other two to follow shortly, that this super phone will become quite popular pretty soon (it is the best overall phone right now) and with that popularity will come lots of custom ROMs. It's just a matter of patience at this point.

Guest gr8gorilla
I'm not sure how connected to Team Douche that guy is. I'd certainly throw in $10 to cyanogen/team douche to get them a Galaxy S if it meant cyanogen mod for our phone.

I suspect that with the Galaxy variants hitting the US market finally, on two of the networks, and the other two to follow shortly, that this super phone will become quite popular pretty soon (it is the best overall phone right now) and with that popularity will come lots of custom ROMs. It's just a matter of patience at this point.

Koush aka clockwork said on twitter that he had a rough recovery working on the galaxy. I think things will start to kick into gear when that falls into place!

Guest DistortedLoop
Koush aka clockwork said on twitter that he had a rough recovery working on the galaxy. I think things will start to kick into gear when that falls into place!

I agree. Based on the relatively small number of people talking about the SGS both here and on xda, seems like it's not a widely owned phone yet, at least not by those who are into custom roms and other such hacking stuff.

i will try to help, when a public cm overlay gets generated.

currently the driver encryption is a problem.

As one of the few to actually give us a custom ROM (your JIT one), you're currently a leader in the field of SGS customization! Thanks! :angry:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Robert Davidson

I have just noticed this on the Cyanogen 6.0 status update page :-

Supported devices for 6.0:

# Nexus One

# Motorola Droid

# HTC EVO

# HTC Desire

# HTC Incredible

# HTC Hero (GSM/CDMA)

# HTC Dream

# HTC Magic

# HTC Aria

# MT3G Slide

Things that aren’t in 6.0. but may be in 6.1

# Vibrant support

# Wimax, HDMI, or FM radio on the EVO

# Apps2EXT

I hope that if a rom is developed for the Vibrant that it can be ported for the Galaxy S I9000 and then hopefully Paul can do some more magic in his kitchen. :D

Guest DistortedLoop
I have just noticed this on the Cyanogen 6.0 status update page :-

Supported devices for 6.0:

# Nexus One

# Motorola Droid

# HTC EVO

# HTC Desire

# HTC Incredible

# HTC Hero (GSM/CDMA)

# HTC Dream

# HTC Magic

# HTC Aria

# MT3G Slide

Things that aren’t in 6.0. but may be in 6.1

# Vibrant support

# Wimax, HDMI, or FM radio on the EVO

# Apps2EXT

I hope that if a rom is developed for the Vibrant that it can be ported for the Galaxy S I9000 and then hopefully Paul can do some more magic in his kitchen. :D

Funny that the Vibrant is the phone of choice there. I wonder if it's just because it's the first US model released, or as a T-Mo device it's got more users than any other version of the Galaxy S line.

Funny that the Vibrant is the phone of choice there. I wonder if it's just because it's the first US model released, or as a T-Mo device it's got more users than any other version of the Galaxy S line.

It's because one of the devs owns a Vibrant :D simple as that