how to install flasplayer 10 in galaxys i9000

Guest arunachalam

Guest arunachalam

Dear friends,

I have downloaded flashplayer 10 for android 2.2 in my pc.how to install this fp in my i9000.It is a exe file.I changed the extension from exe to apk but no use.

Guest arunachalam

I downloaded from adobe.com thro my pc.I checked the properties, it is a android flash player.

Edited by arunachalam

Guest unfnknblvbl

as far as I know, Flash Player for Android can only be installed from the Android Market. I can't see a download for Android anywhere on the Adobe site...

Guest mickeko
Dear friends,

I have downloaded flashplayer 10 for android 2.2 in my pc.how to install this fp in my i9000.It is a exe file.I changed the extension from exe to apk but no use.

As mentioned: Android doesn't run exe. Not to mention that your i9000 is android 2.1, not 2.2.

Edited by mickeko

Guest arunachalam
As mentioned: Android doesn't run exe. Not to mention that your i9000 is android 2.1, not 2.2.

I know mine is 2.1In .modaco forum I read about flashplayer instaled in i9000,but no effect on the phone.JUst I want to give a try.sorry friends again I tried thro my pc for download fp10.1.but automaticlly it goes to pc file.sorry sorry.

Edited by arunachalam

Guest DistortedLoop

My EVO 4G had flash in the web browser with 2.1. I never bothered about it, but curious now what they did different for that phone. Not that I feel I must have flash on my SGS, but nice to know it's an option if it's available in some manner.

Guest bushrat
My EVO 4G had flash in the web browser with 2.1. I never bothered about it, but curious now what they did different for that phone. Not that I feel I must have flash on my SGS, but nice to know it's an option if it's available in some manner.

SGS comes with flash lite. Enable it in the browser Options>Plugins. I dont think anyone has 10.1 working on i9000 yet.

Guest arunachalam

I downloaded flashplayer 10.1 from forum.xdadevelopers.com and installed in my i9000.then went to whatismyflash.com it shows

Installed flashplayer:9.1.122.then in phone I went to setting/applications/manage applications shows Adobe Flash Player 10.1 and size 12.28mb.Please check this.

Guest squidgyb
I downloaded flashplayer 10.1 from forum.xdadevelopers.com and installed in my i9000.then went to whatismyflash.com it shows

Installed flashplayer:9.1.122.then in phone I went to setting/applications/manage applications shows Adobe Flash Player 10.1 and size 12.28mb.Please check this.

Might be an idea to link the thread/post you got your file from if you want others to check - XDA is a rather large forum and likely will have several ports of flash where people are trying to get it running on various phones.

Guest squidgyb

Thanks, but no joy I'm afraid. I don't know if it's meant to replace the flash lite apks directly through the file system or somehow hijack the commands through the browser, but flash still displayed as either blank or code spewed out onto into an html page as with the old browser. It didn't affect the phone adverseley after uninstalling, so I doubt it's overwtiting the files on installation.

Guest squidgyb
Thanks, but no joy I'm afraid. I don't know if it's meant to replace the flash lite apks directly through the file system or somehow hijack the commands through the browser, but flash still displayed as either blank or code spewed out onto into an html page as with the old browser. It didn't affect the phone adverseley after uninstalling, so I doubt it's overwtiting the files on installation.

Double post but I think this deserves a bump;

I was playing around with this again today, and realised some flash games were running without having the "flash for 2.1" apk installed. This was on firmware XWJM2, with plugins enabled in the browser. The game that loaded was running a little slowly though, and I can't control it as it requires keyboard input - maybe a bluetooth keyboard will work? I don't have one to test, but I might see if my old xperia X1i will serve as one.

I then installed the Flash for 2.1 apk, and it seemed to bring the game intro into what looked like a more playable fps.

Flash games on some sites didn't load though, I'll keep on experimenting...