Can we change default emoticons?

Guest Fusion0306

Guest Fusion0306

I was using BigBear's AnDE V2.1.3 to change the emoticon png-s in the framework-res.apk.

The images have the same resolution, the only thing that is different is that my new png-s don't have indexed color, they are in RGB (they don't look quite as good in indexed color).

Following images were changed:

res\drawable\emo_im_embarrassed.png

res\drawable-mdp\emo_im_angel.png

res\drawable-mdp\emo_im_cool.png

res\drawable-mdp\emo_im_crying.png

res\drawable-mdp\emo_im_foot_in_mouth.png

res\drawable-mdp\emo_im_happy.png

res\drawable-mdp\emo_im_kissing.png

res\drawable-mdp\emo_im_laughing.png

res\drawable-mdp\emo_im_lips_are_sealed.png

res\drawable-mdp\emo_im_money_mouth.png

res\drawable-mdp\emo_im_sad.png

res\drawable-mdp\emo_im_surprised.png

res\drawable-mdp\emo_im_tongue_sticking_out.png

res\drawable-mdp\emo_im_undecided.png

res\drawable-mdp\emo_im_winking.png

res\drawable-mdp\emo_im_wtf.png

res\drawable-mdp\emo_im_yelling.png

When I turn my phone on, I get FC's all over the place. I can't do anything but nand restore.

Is it because my png-s don't have indexed color?

I was browsing emoticons on devianart and saw a emoticon pack that got me inspired and I made a pack for android.

Here it is:

post-688453-1279533289_thumb.jpg

I would loooooooove to see them in my messaging app, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Edited by Fusion0306

Guest Fusion0306

SUCCESS!!!!!!!!

I did it! I guess that the problem was in signing. IT SHOULD NOT BE SIGNED.

Here's how it looks in Messaging app:

post-688453-1279538869_thumb.png

You can replace them with this

DOWNLOAD res.zip

**** I use AnDE and I just replace the png's for smileys. And then I use Android Commander to put framework-res.apk back on my phone. It works for me. ****

Edited by Fusion0306

Guest ogiogi
SUCCESS!!!!!!!!

You can replace them with this:

DOWNLOAD

**** I use AnDE and I just replace the png's for smileys. And then I use Android Commander to put framework-res.apk back on my phone. It works for me. ****

Nice :angry:

Guest Azurren
SUCCESS!!!!!!!!

You can replace them with this

DOWNLOAD res.zip

Awesome! :D

How to figure out how to send these over-the-air and overwrite the receivers smileys ;)

J/K but it has always annoyed me that you send an awesome looking emote over to your friend and it looks like an donkeys ass :angry:

Guest Fusion0306
Awesome! :D

How to figure out how to send these over-the-air and overwrite the receivers smileys ;)

It can't be flashed using recovery. I mean, it can, but only the whole framework-res.apk. So I thought it would be better to post just the emoticons because people like different versions of frameworks (themes).

J/K but it has always annoyed me that you send an awesome looking emote over to your friend and it looks like an donkeys ass :angry:

I don't care how the smiley looks on "the other side" as long as it looks great to me :D

Edited by Fusion0306

Guest Fusion0306
Feels good to see that at least you are using AnDE :angry:

:D

Best regards,

BB

Don't worry, I'll be using it regularly ;) I have many more design ideas for emoticons :D

What about ogiogi and the rest of "framework makers-editors"? Aren't they using your app? If not, how are they doing it? Manually? :lol: Your app is simpler to use :(

Guest BigBearMDC
Don't worry, I'll be using it regularly :angry: I have many more design ideas for emoticons :D

What about ogiogi and the rest of "framework makers-editors"? Aren't they using your app? If not, how are they doing it? Manually? :lol: Your app is simpler to use ;)

I dunno what they are using otherwise? I invented it to make exactly this easier :D

BTW I'll release AnDE 3.0 in near future, with many new features like autosign etc. :(

Guest Fusion0306
I dunno what they are using otherwise? I invented it to make exactly this easier :angry:

BTW I'll release AnDE 3.0 in near future, with many new features like autosign etc. ;)

That will be cool :D

Guest ogiogi
What about ogiogi and the rest of "framework makers-editors"? Aren't they using your app? If not, how are they doing it? Manually? :D Your app is simpler to use :angry:

Usually when i edit frameworks i use photoshop, draw9patch tool and eclipse. So i create the image in photoshop, draw 1px black lines in draw9patch and then compile the .9.png's in eclipse.Then add the new image to the framework, autosign it and recovery/flash zip from SD to test it. And it can get up to 20 times till I'm satisfied with how the image looks on the pulse. So there should be a program that incorporates photo editing, draw9patch, compiling .9.png's and preview the framework by now. And yes i manually add the files to framework-res.apk. Drag and drop is a lot faster when trying to create a new theme ;)

Guest BigBearMDC
Usually when i edit frameworks i use photoshop, draw9patch tool and eclipse. So i create the image in photoshop, draw 1px black lines in draw9patch and then compile the .9.png's in eclipse.Then add the new image to the framework, autosign it and recovery/flash zip from SD to test it. And it can get up to 20 times till I'm satisfied with how the image looks on the pulse. So there should be a program that incorporates photo editing, draw9patch, compiling .9.png's and preview the framework by now. And yes i manually add the files to framework-res.apk. Drag and drop is a lot faster when trying to create a new theme :D

So I have a list if features to add :angry:

Best regards,

BB

Guest Fusion0306

New emoticon pack. I didn't make this one, i found *psd online (photoshop file - it allowed creating all kinds of emoticons).

I think this is the best one.

post-688453-1279658972_thumb.png

DOWNLOAD

emoticons.zip

Edited by Fusion0306

• 1 month later...
Guest TelluricMax
New emoticon pack. I didn't make this one, i found *psd online (photoshop file - it allowed creating all kinds of emoticons).

I think this is the best one.

post-688453-1279658972_thumb.png

DOWNLOAD

emoticons.zip

i agree with u viewpoint

aha, they're so cool~ :D

Guest starkos
It only took you a month to reply ;)

Just kidding :D

Thanks!

LOL! I wondered what you meant but I just checked the date ha! In my defence I was on holiday then so I must've missed this :D

• 2 months later...
Guest spanner44

I have just seen this thread, and really like these emotions, but would like to know how to install them on my phone please, in an easy newbie way if possible.

Thanks in advance.

Guest skandigraun

First of all copy the zip to the SD card.

Then you need some kind of advanced recovery like AmonRa or Clockwork to be installed. See the first 6 steps of this post for that is you do not have any recovery image installed. Also, the linked topic is very usefull, good to read it through.

Once You have booted into recovery, just select install from zip, then select the zip you have copied to install, and then you can reboot. (Maybe you will need to disable the signature check in the recovery before you install the zip) Basically that is all.

Guest Fusion0306
First of all copy the zip to the SD card.

Then you need some kind of advanced recovery like AmonRa or Clockwork to be installed. See the first 6 steps of this post for that is you do not have any recovery image installed. Also, the linked topic is very usefull, good to read it through.

Once You have booted into recovery, just select install from zip, then select the zip you have copied to install, and then you can reboot. (Maybe you will need to disable the signature check in the recovery before you install the zip) Basically that is all.

THIS IS NOT A FLASHABLE ZIP!

**** I use AnDE and I just replace the png's for smileys in the framework-res.apk. And then I use Android Commander to put framework-res.apk back on my phone. It works for me. ****

Edited by Fusion0306

Does anyone have an idea why this happens?

THIS IS NOT A FLASHABLE ZIP!

**** I use AnDE and I just replace the png's for smileys in the framework-res.apk. And then I use Android Commander to put framework-res.apk back on my phone. It works for me. ****

Guest jrodrigues

That I know, thanks.

I did it with AnDE and replaced the framework-res.apk.

But as soon as I do it it freezes and when I reboot it boot loops. I am forced to nandroid restore...

Guest Fusion0306
That I know, thanks.

I did it with AnDE and replaced the framework-res.apk.

But as soon as I do it it freezes and when I reboot it boot loops. I am forced to nandroid restore...

It freezed for me too every time, but when I took out the battery, everything was fine. I guess you did something wrong.