How to unpartition (modaco rom)

Guest Burrid

Guest Burrid

Hello,

I know there are some of these topics already, but none could help me.

I've used rom manager to partition my sd card, but now I can't unpartition it.

In rom manager I can't put Ext Size to 0MB.

And I've read formatting the card doesn't work.

Neither does formatting it on windows or any other windows program.

I need to unpartion it in the custom recovery, and people say to put Ext and Swap to 0 there.

But in the modaco rom from Paul, I can't do that!

So what should I do now?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Burrid

Guest Silvake

You could do it easily if you have the Android SDK installed; if not, install it right now, you may also need it later... :angry:

First reboot the phone into recovery (either fake-flash or permanent CRI).

On your Windows box, start the command-prompt (run cmd) and launch a terminal session using "adb shell".

In terminal, use fdisk to delete all the partitions from the sdcard, as follows:

Type "fdisk /dev/block/mmcblk0", then actually delete all partitions using fdisk's commands (d *, or d 2 d 1)

Now you can create a new primary partition (n p 1), set it's type to fat32 (t 1 c) and then finally write all the changes (w).

Then reboot and you're done.

Now if the phone hangs at boot (due to the missing ext partition), you may probably need to perform a full wipe (factory-reset) and, as soon as the android starts, to format the newly created fat32 partition using the android's menus.

Good luck.

Guest Burrid
You could do it easily if you have the Android SDK installed; if not, install it right now, you may also need it later... :(

First reboot the phone into recovery (either fake-flash or permanent CRI).

On your Windows box, start the command-prompt (run cmd) and launch a terminal session using "adb shell".

In terminal, use fdisk to delete all the partitions from the sdcard, as follows:

Type "fdisk /dev/block/mmcblk0", then actually delete all partitions using fdisk's commands (d *, or d 2 d 1)

Now you can create a new primary partition (n p 1), set it's type to fat32 (t 1 c) and then finally write all the changes (w).

Then reboot and you're done.

Now if the phone hangs at boot (due to the missing ext partition), you may probably need to perform a full wipe (factory-reset) and, as soon as the android starts, to format the newly created fat32 partition using the android's menus.

Good luck.

Thanks for the reply, and sorry for the late answer!

So I do adb shell

Then: adb fdisk /dev/block/mmcblk0

Then is says:

The number of cylinders for this disk is set to 121008.

There is nothing wrong with that, but this is larger than 1024,

and could in certain setups cause problems with:

1) software that runs at boot time (e.g., old versions of LILO)

2) booting and partitioning software from other OSs (e.g., DOS FDISK, OS/2 FDISK)

Command (m for help):

Then I think I do the steps you give.

In the end I have 3.57GB on my sd card, windows says.

It isn't 4GB but perhaps it doesnt get higher?