ADB push through recovery?

Guest Cutefox

Guest Cutefox

Hi All,

i just did a stupid error.. didnt do backup as well..

what i did was replace the build.prop with a wrong build.prop from another phone(wrong file located in the wrong sd root). and now my phone just wont boot.

since i havent backed up yet. is there a way to adb push the build.prop from a pc to the phone using recovery mode? another thing also is i did made a backup of my old build.prop in the system folder as build.prop.bak so i was thinking to do a "adb push system/build.prop.bak system/build.prop"

im now at work so i had to wait till lunch time at least to get back home to use my pc. is that possible?

Guest DistortedLoop
Hi All,

i just did a stupid error.. didnt do backup as well..

what i did was replace the build.prop with a wrong build.prop from another phone(wrong file located in the wrong sd root). and now my phone just wont boot.

since i havent backed up yet. is there a way to adb push the build.prop from a pc to the phone using recovery mode? another thing also is i did made a backup of my old build.prop in the system folder as build.prop.bak so i was thinking to do a "adb push system/build.prop.bak system/build.prop"

im now at work so i had to wait till lunch time at least to get back home to use my pc. is that possible?

You've probably tried by now. Did it work? I'm pretty sure that you can't adb in recovery mode.

How far does the phone get in the boot process, if at all. You might get far enough in the process to get to adb.

Good/bad news is that you should still be able to get into download mode and at least re-flash the ROM of your choice with ODIN again. Titanium backup's your friend for this kind of stuff.

Let us know how it turned out.

EDIT: PS- that's an important warning to people if the wrong build.prop can basically brick your phone, need to be careful fixing the Market protected apps business.

Edited by DistortedLoop

u can use adb in recovery

just issue the commands outside the shell

although u might need the shell to mount the system rw

You've probably tried by now. Did it work? I'm pretty sure that you can't adb in recovery mode.

How far does the phone get in the boot process, if at all. You might get far enough in the process to get to adb.

Good/bad news is that you should still be able to get into download mode and at least re-flash the ROM of your choice with ODIN again. Titanium backup's your friend for this kind of stuff.

Let us know how it turned out.

EDIT: PS- that's an important warning to people if the wrong build.prop can basically brick your phone, need to be careful fixing the Market protected apps business.

Guest DistortedLoop
u can use adb in recovery

just issue the commands outside the shell

although u might need the shell to mount the system rw

good to know.

Guest Cutefox

how do issue the commands outside the shell?

well due to time constraint i already did a reflash.. i know galaxy s is very hard to brick but its still a pain to restore everything again.. i did have titanium backup but i havent backup for 5 days so it was abit hard to rebuilt it again.. but its all good now..

Guest DistortedLoop
how do issue the commands outside the shell?

well due to time constraint i already did a reflash.. i know galaxy s is very hard to brick but its still a pain to restore everything again.. i did have titanium backup but i havent backup for 5 days so it was abit hard to rebuilt it again.. but its all good now..

You can enter commands outside of the shell by just typing adb and then whatever the command is. You can get a listing of the commands by just typing adb at the command line/terminal and then hit enter; it should respond with all the commands and the syntax for them.

I knew you could do this, just wasn't sure you could do it in Recovery.