[ROM][21/09/10] My Ultra Lites

Guest shadowangel

Guest rom_omnia2

Hey! here we go again, i have just saw that u got a L device, do i have some advance at gps connection if i use latest PhoneJG4 at your rom or is better don't flash it?

Edited by rom_omnia2

Guest shadowangel
Hey! here we go again, i have just saw that u got a L device, do i have some advance at gps connection if i use latest PhoneJG4 at your rom or is better don't flash it?

I did the flash of everything :D

With Xtra on it is a ultra fast satelite fix :D something like 20~30 seconds

Guest shadowangel
I have installed JF5 with wm 6.5. The Samsung Keypad have a GAP between the taskbar and keyboard itself.

I intend to update this builds soon. In the meantime, just install JE2 keypad that it will solve that issue and sorry :D

Guest junalmeida
I intend to update this builds soon. In the meantime, just install JE2 keypad that it will solve that issue and sorry :D

Hi, do you have a link to it? I have downloaded all-in-one JE2 cabs but i cannot find the keypad.

BTW, I like the default Wait Cursor. Can you explain how to set it back?

Your ROM is so fast and clean, congrats :D

Thanks ;)

Guest shadowangel
Hi, do you have a link to it? I have downloaded all-in-one JE2 cabs but i cannot find the keypad.

BTW, I like the default Wait Cursor. Can you explain how to set it back?

Your ROM is so fast and clean, congrats :D

I thought there was one on twu2's thread and found that there weren't...

Try the one attached... If I'm not wrong it's from JG5.

Samsung_Keypad.rar

Edited by shadowangel

Guest shadowangel
shadowangel make you a rom from JF5 with B7610 gwes?

As I stated on sh.a.rk's thread, gwes is part of the Windows Mobile and not Samsung made... Each gwes.exe is specific of a windows build... If there is a memory leak, it's the application's fault as it is it who asks gwes for that memory space and do not feedback when to release it (see more here).

will u make a lite of the latest JG5?

I won't have time this week but on the weekend I can do it :D

Hi Shadow, thank you very much for your ROM. I am using it, so far so good. Very fast and didn't find anything wrong, at least till now. I am going to stick to this for a while. Next time, could you please make a ultra lite ROM with as much as possible RAM? Currently, I disabled the Samsung dialer in order to get more RAM. I'd appreciate it if you could take the keyboard out (I mean the input keyboard, not the dialer) because I have my own. Again, thanks for your great job, the best ROM so far.

The advantage of this ROM:

1. Good memory management, I don't have significant memory leak. I am using SPB MS + MobileSense, it start with 68M RAM and after whole day, it stays above 60M

2. I changed the PP to 12M. Very fast, basically there's no hesitation during transition.

3. Everything works, never had lockup problem

4. Very fast satellite lock. Within 30s constantly.

5. Battery life is very good. Light use can last one week.

Again, wonderful job Shadow!

Guest johnchua55

Why can't i install a java app ..... i keep getting this message now ....."The trusted certificate has expired ...." ..... it used to work just fine.

SOLVED - just temporarily reverted system date to a much much earlier date. installed then reset date to present.

Edited by johnchua55

Guest HamZTaro05

Thank You for the great rom...

im trying your

WM_65_21911_ULite.7z

now...

and it looks good and fast...

with spb...its great...

my concern is...i really like the threaded sms of samsung...

is there a way of making it back???

what .cab will i need???

thanks in advance....

for now im still testing your great rom...^^

thanks thanks...^^

Guest itsme_4ucz
Thank You for the great rom...

my concern is...i really like the threaded sms of samsung...

is there a way of making it back???

what .cab will i need???

thanks in advance....

for now im still testing your great rom...^^

thanks thanks...^^

any solution for this ??????

Guest johnchua55
any solution for this ??????

i beleive the samsung SMS program is intact in this ROM ....WM_65_21911_ULite.7z (i'm using this )

you just need to go into \windows folder .... and look for jinbox.lnk or jinboxinbox.lnk ... copy them to \windows\start menu\programs

Guest shadowangel
i beleive the samsung SMS program is intact in this ROM ....WM_65_21911_ULite.7z (i'm using this )

you just need to go into \windows folder .... and look for jinbox.lnk or jinboxinbox.lnk ... copy them to \windows\start menu\programs

I 'think' it is on the tools folder already... take a look there...

Is anyone having problems to connect to wifi on this ROM (6.5.3). I have a weird behavior. When I try connecting the first time everything is fine but when I turn wifi off I can't turn it on anymore. It even dissapears in the Wireless Manager settings and when I go to settings/wifi it turns on but seems to turn back off although the screen shows the big blue ball as if it was on.

I have to reset the device a couple of times to get wifi back. Anyone having this same weird behavior????

• 2 weeks later...