Format SD for A2SD with Windows XP ???

Guest s3lentium

Guest tinyk

Formatting to that standard from what I understand is quite unreliable using windows to do it, its better done on your phone using fake flash to do it.

If you want to go that way, search my posts about a week ago i asked a similar question and it was answered with the details required to format whilst in recovery mode.

If you really want to go down the pc route do a google search, their are a couple threads about with tiny linux builds where you boot to linux from your pc then use that to format the card, again more reliable than using windows from what I read.

Kev

Guest ahmedm24
Good morning

How can I format SD for A2SD with Windows XP please?

Thank you very much

Try using Disk Management from Computer Managemnt and see if it may work.

Guest ruffruff
Good morning

How can I format SD for A2SD with Windows XP please?

Thank you very much

i use Paragon Partition Manager. Works on my 7 x64, so i will definitely work in xp.

first i partition my card with 14gb of fat32 and the rest i partition to ext3.

plug in the card and app2sd works. :(

i use Paragon Partition Manager. Works on my 7 x64, so i will definitely work in xp.

first i partition my card with 14gb of fat32 and the rest i partition to ext3.

plug in the card and app2sd works. :(

Excellent advice. Tried it yesterday with ROM Manager and it just left where ext3 should have been as unused space. Just done it with Paragon and it's ext3 all the way.

Thanks!

Guest EddyOS

I just use fake-flash as opposed to ROM Manager (which I don't use for ANYTHING as it's a waste of time IMO) and it partitions cards fine, can use 1GB EXT2/3 pertitions with no issues