Apps2SD..Very Much Confused...Need Help????????

Guest pranavd1980

Guest pranavd1980

Sorry Guys if am asking this Question here....i have searched full Forum for this ....got ans too but still have confusions.....

1st of all wanna know what is App2SD....Hope its the application to transfer all your application installation to SD card....

2nd i have tried several methods listed here in forum...but no result.....SD card is having full space and phone memory is just 50 MB left.....

Tried Defrost application and selected all installation to external media....(Hopefully this is the correct method...but didn't figured out for me yet....)

Tried to give EXT3 partition to SD of 512 MB...but here i don't know the full procedure and really confused how to go about.....

Tried for Froyo ROM's as i believe its having inbuilt capability to install all app to SD card....No result yet....

I request all my frnds here to just giude me to the right path...i am sure i will do the rest ..... really confused with a lot of explanation given in forum....

One more small help needed...i need to have HTC Default dialer application as some of the ROM has removed it with some other application....

Waiting for reply....

Edited by pranavd1980

Guest Odroid
Sorry Guys if am asking this Question here....i have searched full Forum for this ....got ans too but still have confusions.....

1st of all wanna know what is App2SD....Hope its the application to transfer all your application installation to SD card....

2nd i have tried several methods listed here in forum...but no result.....SD card is having full space and phone memory is just 50 MB left.....

Tried Defrost application and selected all installation to external media....(Hopefully this is the correct method...but didn't figured out for me yet....)

Tried to give EXT3 partition to SD of 512 MB...but here i don't know the full procedure and really confused how to go about.....

Tried for Froyo ROM's as i believe its having inbuilt capability to install all app to SD card....No result yet....

I request all my frnds here to just giude me to the right path...i am sure i will do the rest ..... really confused with a lot of explanation given in forum....

One more small help needed...i need to have HTC Default dialer application as some of the ROM has removed it with some other application....

Waiting for reply....

Apps2SD uses an EXT3- or EXT4-partition on your SD-card on which all of your apps are installed, instead of the phone's memory. Froyo's "app move" feature only works with apps that allow moving the app to an encrypted part of your SD-card (no extra partition necessary). Apps2sd is a superior method, since it works for every app and game you want.

Just follow the threads on this site on get apps2sd working. Just before flashing, you simply have to wipe your card and partition it with an EXT3/4 partition and the rest FAT32.

Guest hazi1964
Apps2SD uses an EXT3- or EXT4-partition on your SD-card on which all of your apps are installed, instead of the phone's memory. Froyo's "app move" feature only works with apps that allow moving the app to an encrypted part of your SD-card (no extra partition necessary). Apps2sd is a superior method, since it works for every app and game you want.

Just follow the threads on this site on get apps2sd working. Just before flashing, you simply have to wipe your card and partition it with an EXT3/4 partition and the rest FAT32.

Hope you don't mind me jumping in on this thread but I have been searching for the solution to the above too.

I used rom manager to partition my sd card but even after flashing the rom and although apps2sd was installed, I was still unable to move apps to the sd. Also, I believe apps2sd only moves certain apps and there is an apps2sd+ which moves ALL apps and gives the choice to set it to install to sd. I can't find this apps2sd+ anywhere to download so am a bit confused here,

I flashed a modaco rom (r5) which I baked and selected to have apps2sd+ but when I looked for the setting to install to external memory, the option was not there and I only had the choice in the settings, manage apps to move to sd. However, none of my apps would moved, I got a pop up saying "move to sd failed".

There could be a couple of reasons for this, one being something missing from the rom I downloaded or, maybe I didn't do the partition correctly. Perhaps somebody would be kind enough to post how I should be doing my partition? Maybe rom manager isn't the tool to use?

Any help as usual is much appreciated.

Alison