Slow call log

Guest oachim

Guest oachim

Hi,

I've noticed that my call log in SGS Dialer has slowed down. Scrolling up and down is not smooth.

At the beginning I thought that integration with FaceBook and linking contacts to FaceBook (including photos) was causing the problem. But then I have also noticed that the Contacts Tab inside the same Dialer does not have this problem. Scrolling is performing smooth in Contacts Tab.

Any explanation for this behavior?

Regards,

Ovidiu

Guest DistortedLoop

More details on your phone needed.

Which actual phone? Rooted? What firmware? Does it slowdown with use, or is it slow immediately after you do a fresh reboot? Do you have a lot of apps installed? Have you tried clearing caches in the apps?

Guest oachim

Hi,

I'm using JFB + MCR (first ROM posted by Paul). The lag fix that moves the essential libraries to /dbdata is applied.

I'm facing this issue even after fresh restart. I do not have a lot of apps installed.

I've never cleared the cache in the apps? Would you advice how I can do this?

Regards,

Ovidiu

Which actual phone? Rooted? What firmware? Does it slowdown with use, or is it slow immediately after you do a fresh reboot? Do you have a lot of apps installed? Have you tried clearing caches in the apps?

Guest kanzlr
I've never cleared the cache in the apps? Would you advice how I can do this?

settings -> applications -> manage -> menu/filteR/all -> chose the phone app, hit the "clear cache" button

Guest oachim
settings -> applications -> manage -> menu/filteR/all -> chose the phone app, hit the "clear cache" button

Thanks for your answer. I have checked Dialer and Contact app but thd clear cache button is disable. I can clear the data of those apps.

Would you please advice? Which apps cache i should clear? Which is the meaning of clear data?

Thanks in advance for your help

Ovidiu

• 3 weeks later...
Guest oachim

Hi

I'm still facing the slow call log. Would you please advice which cache/data should I clean?

Do you think that this behavior is due to the fact that cache data are store on a slow storage?

Regards,

Ovidiu

Guest oachim

Hi,

I've been applying the lag fix using ext2 dataimg method. I'm still experiencing slow scrolling in Call Log and Favorites.

Is this issue specific to JFB ROM? Do I need to upgrade to a newer ROM version to solve this issue?

Please help.

Regards,

Ovidiu

Hi

I'm still facing the slow call log. Would you please advice which cache/data should I clean?

Do you think that this behavior is due to the fact that cache data are store on a slow storage?

Regards,

Ovidiu

• 1 month later...
Guest Galaxy s
Hi,

I've been applying the lag fix using ext2 dataimg method. I'm still experiencing slow scrolling in Call Log and Favorites.

Is this issue specific to JFB ROM? Do I need to upgrade to a newer ROM version to solve this issue?

Please help.

Regards,

Ovidiu

I am also facing the same problem with my samsung galaxy s I9000 android 2.1 update 1 so pl' help me to solve me this issue..