Wifi Tether Working On Vibrant

Guest sonofdays

Guest sonofdays

This is from the "android-wifi-tether not working" post at xda-developers.

Baranacle Wifi Settings:

1. Change SSID - [user Preference]

2. Change Channel - 6

3. Custom Wifi Ad-hoc - NONE

4. Skip wpa_supplicant - CHECK

5. Restart Phone As Desired

Settings For Windows:

Open cmd.exe as administrator

C:\Windows\system32>netsh interface ipv4 set subinterface "Wireless Network Connection" mtu=1250 store=persistent

This is assuming your wireless network adapter is called "Wireless Network Connection"

Fix For Mac:

System Preferences>Network>

Under Airport select advanced>ethernet tab

Set Configure to Custom and use 1250 MTU

I'm just trying to share the good news; I did not figure out this fix. Hopefully it's okay for me to post this here. I'll be canceling Time Warner real soon now that a wifi tether works on my phone =)

Guest DistortedLoop

Baranacle Wifi Settings:

2. Change Channel - 6

Settings For Windows:

C:\Windows\system32>netsh interface ipv4 set subinterface "Wireless Network Connection" mtu=1250 store=persistent

This is assuming your wireless network adapter is called "Wireless Network Connection"

Fix For Mac:

System Preferences>Network>

Under Airport select advanced>ethernet tab

Set Configure to Custom and use 1250 MTU

I'm just trying to share the good news; I did not figure out this fix. Hopefully it's okay for me to post this here. I'll be canceling Time Warner real soon now that a wifi tether works on my phone =)

Thanks for sharing that. I wasn't having tether issues, but good to know they're working for others.

I wish I could cancel my Verizon FIOS, but with 50Mbit line, the slowdown cellphone speeds, even AT&T which are pretty good, would drive me nuts on the home computers. Landline providers better figure out quickly that cell phones (especially when LTE/WiMAx are better deployed are going to really eat into their business if they don't drastically lower rates.

Guest sonofdays
Thanks for sharing that. I wasn't having tether issues, but good to know they're working for others.

I wish I could cancel my Verizon FIOS, but with 50Mbit line, the slowdown cellphone speeds, even AT&T which are pretty good, would drive me nuts on the home computers. Landline providers better figure out quickly that cell phones (especially when LTE/WiMAx are better deployed are going to really eat into their business if they don't drastically lower rates.

My phone's internet is actually faster than the landline. How sad is that? It's probably because there's something wrong with my modem (it used to be faster, though I have always had to keep it in a minifridge so it doesn't overheat), but still.

Guest J Scott

Baranacle Wifi Settings:

2. Change Channel - 6

Settings For Windows:

Followed instructions but got " . . . is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

I tried typing the command out, and then copy and pasting it in. Nothing worked. Any ideas?? Hopefully, a way to tether without doing this on each computer will be found.

Thanks,

Guest sonofdays
I tried typing the command out, and then copy and pasting it in. Nothing worked. Any ideas?? Hopefully, a way to tether without doing this on each computer will be found.

Thanks,

You probably included the the command prompt (C:\Windows\system32>) in the command. Just use netsh interface ipv4 set subinterface "Wireless Network Connection" mtu=1250 store=persistent and you should be fine.