Touch Screen Problem with MCR R5

Guest pupadi

Guest pupadi

Recently, after upgrade to MCR R5 'm facing issues with touch screen on my hero. Following are my problems -

* Behaves erratically (just impulsive flickering/shaking without any physical interaction)

* Unresponsiveness (have to press several times before a keyboard key/icons etc. to activate the same)

* Responds well to physical keys (trackball, home, back or other keys)

* Works fine at times when I lock the screen (by pressing power button) and unlock it later.

So far I've tried full wipe, dalvik cahe wipe and kernel upgrade to Teknologist (updated by freeasabeer) - but without any use :D

Kernel: 2.6.29-mck-teknologist-2.0b

ROM: 2.1-update 1 (MoDaCo Custom ROM r5)

SD: 8GB (750MB free)

Memory: 35MB Free

My questions are -

* Is there a way to identify if its a software problem?

* Is there any utility to check if my touch screen has gone bad?

Thanks in advance :angry:

Guest Olatho
Recently, after upgrade to MCR R5 'm facing issues with touch screen on my hero. Following are my problems -

* Behaves erratically (just impulsive flickering/shaking without any physical interaction)

* Unresponsiveness (have to press several times before a keyboard key/icons etc. to activate the same)

* Responds well to physical keys (trackball, home, back or other keys)

* Works fine at times when I lock the screen (by pressing power button) and unlock it later.

So far I've tried full wipe, dalvik cahe wipe and kernel upgrade to Teknologist (updated by freeasabeer) - but without any use :D

I had a similar problem for a few days.

Turned out to be some dirt or spots on the screen, and was fixed by wiping the screen with a damp cloth...

:angry:

Guest arunshen

certainly try what Olatho suggested first, going back to an older ROM (nandroid first, of course or the excellent Titanium Backup) should tell you whether it's MCR r5 (unlikely).

You may just have a dud phone coincidentally ...

Guest pupadi
certainly try what Olatho suggested first, going back to an older ROM (nandroid first, of course or the excellent Titanium Backup) should tell you whether it's MCR r5 (unlikely).

You may just have a dud phone coincidentally ...

Unfortunately, dirt spots doesn't seem to be the problem :angry:

I'm planning to go back to original ROM using RUU. Let me give it another try..

Guest pupadi

sigh.. :(

RUU dint help either... still having the same problem...

If only i could prove it, would have been much easier to return/repaired...