ODIN Re-partition Hanging ?

Guest Matchstick

Guest Matchstick

Hi,

I have picked up a Galaxy S on O2 PAYGO and was trying to apply JG1 prior to flashing with MCR.

Kies drivers installed OK and ADB and ODIN pick up the phone fine but I ticked the Re-Partition flag when starting and ODIN has now been stuck saying this for about 30 minutes now:

<ID:0/013> Added!!

<ID:0/013> Odin v.3 engine (ID:13)..

<ID:0/013> File analysis..

<ID:0/013> Set PIT file..

<ID:0/013> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!

Does this normally process take this long or has something gone badly wrong ?

Edited by Matchstick

Guest Matchstick
Hi,

I have picked up a Galaxy S on O2 PAYGO and was trying to apply JG1 prior to flashing with MCR.

Kies drivers installed OK and ADB and ODIN pick up the phone fine but I ticked the Re-Partition flag when starting and ODIN has now been stuck saying this for about 30 minutes now:

<ID:0/013> Added!!

<ID:0/013> Odin v.3 engine (ID:13)..

<ID:0/013> File analysis..

<ID:0/013> Set PIT file..

<ID:0/013> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!

Does this normally process take this long or has something gone badly wrong ?

To reply to my own post, something had gone badly wrong as after I eventually disconnected the phone and removed the battery the phone would not restart, just showing a picture of a phone and PC joined by a dotted line with a yellow warning triangle in the middle.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4117/479512...6e02424b5_b.jpg

I could still get into downloading screen but trying to reflash from the same PC didn't work

However I've just tried from a different PC at home and the reflash has worked first time - OK the phone is now in Russian, but I think that just means I need to find the correct CSC file to flash :angry:

(Obviously getting the phone PC drivers to work is somewhat of a black art.)

I guess Samsung may be making it a little tricky for custom ROM producers but they have done a decent job of making it tricky to completely brick the phone.

Guest aeo087
To reply to my own post, something had gone badly wrong as after I eventually disconnected the phone and removed the battery the phone would not restart, just showing a picture of a phone and PC joined by a dotted line with a yellow warning triangle in the middle.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4117/479512...6e02424b5_b.jpg

I could still get into downloading screen but trying to reflash from the same PC didn't work

However I've just tried from a different PC at home and the reflash has worked first time - OK the phone is now in Russian, but I think that just means I need to find the correct CSC file to flash :angry:

(Obviously getting the phone PC drivers to work is somewhat of a black art.)

I guess Samsung may be making it a little tricky for custom ROM producers but they have done a decent job of making it tricky to completely brick the phone.

This has happened to me before, don't be too alarmed, if you can get into downloader mode you should be fine. Try flashing another firmware version, and if you're trying to flash JG5 make sure you are using pit file 512, not 513.... I had trouble flashing JG3 for some reason, It would get stuck infinitely like yours.