No connection, cant get into recovery

Guest piam

Just flashed this, i have done them before fine. Phone turned on, No network connection. Would not recognise micro sd card.

Went to go into recovery. selected recovery option then on computer selected recovery windows. and it just closes. i cant get into nandroid to restore. i cannot do anything. can you help? thank you

Guest madmic
Just flashed this, i have done them before fine. Phone turned on, No network connection. Would not recognise micro sd card.

Went to go into recovery. selected recovery option then on computer selected recovery windows. and it just closes. i cant get into nandroid to restore. i cannot do anything. can you help? thank you

Can you get into recovery by turning the phone off, hold down the vol down button and turn on? From the symptons you said above it sounds like you have a USB-Brick :D boot to Windows again and check device manager - if you see a QualComm device = your usb bricked. That's the bad news ;) good news is you can recover by following the instructions in the sticky :angry:

Good luck - first USB brick is always the worst... hope you fix it (and it is a USB brick)

Can you get into recovery by turning the phone off, hold down the vol down button and turn on? From the symptons you said above it sounds like you have a USB-Brick :D boot to Windows again and check device manager - if you see a QualComm device = your usb bricked. That's the bad news ;) good news is you can recover by following the instructions in the sticky :angry:

Good luck - first USB brick is always the worst... hope you fix it (and it is a USB brick)

Hi, thanks. Got it all sorted now. panic over! do you know what causes this if it was something i done? or is it something that could randomly happen?

Guest madmic
Hi, thanks. Got it all sorted now. panic over! do you know what causes this if it was something i done? or is it something that could randomly happen?

Glad its sorted dude, I know how my stomach dropped when I get a USB brick :( what was the issue in the end? If it was a USB brick the root cause [lol] was the process was over writing data from partition to another and corrupting it.. but I thought that was sorted, especially with the on-device methods in use now.. unless you usb bricked when you were rooting?? What rooting process were you using and what stage were you at when it happened?

Glad its sorted dude, I know how my stomach dropped when I get a USB brick :( what was the issue in the end? If it was a USB brick the root cause [lol] was the process was over writing data from partition to another and corrupting it.. but I thought that was sorted, especially with the on-device methods in use now.. unless you usb bricked when you were rooting?? What rooting process were you using and what stage were you at when it happened?

I was rooting. I have been rooted for about a month now, i had gone to a totally different ROM, and the network connection was down. So did a Nandroid Restore. after that wouldn't recognise usb or SD card. But before i was using a computer to push the phone into recovery. I now have the onboard recovery working. ( Couldn't figure it out before even though i done the same thing now lol)

Guest madmic
I was rooting. I have been rooted for about a month now, i had gone to a totally different ROM, and the network connection was down. So did a Nandroid Restore. after that wouldn't recognise usb or SD card. But before i was using a computer to push the phone into recovery. I now have the onboard recovery working. ( Couldn't figure it out before even though i done the same thing now lol)

ah - the push usb-brick-o eh... yea that was how mine went, it was the time after I had just taken the backup of the boot partition so I was all good!

Now you're rooted hop on to the market and grab ROM Manager, it'll install clockworkmod recovery and no more pushing files from your pc... means you can flash with the use of a pc (like I did on the train - lol) and its safer....