Nexus screen crack

Guest Autobot1337

Guest Autobot1337

Hey guys ,

Is it true that nexus's one screen breaks really easy?

Like if its in your pocket and you sit it breaks?

I dont trust all stories so id like to hear ur oppinion :(

i like the phone but if the screen breaks fast its really a turndown

If any of you have let your phone fall did it break?

Or did it survive?

I let my iphone fall multiple times still its alive :(

So tell me pl0x! :P

Guest Javierinnn
Hey guys ,

Or did it survive?

Hi, I droppen my N1 more than once and it still has not a scratch on it. I would´t worry about the screen.

regards,

Javier.

Guest P00rSpy
Hey guys ,

Or did it survive?

Ok so if I understand correctly you plan to put it in your back pocket and sit on it ????

Funny, I wonder if you plan to put it in the same pocket as your key...

Guest hks18psigst

My screen cracked but it was cause my pants were off and I kneeled on my phone while having... yeah you can get the picture... HTC replaced the screen for 100

Guest Michael Spencer Jr.

I think as long as you keep the phone in a front pocket only, and if the phone is EITHER the only device in that pocket OR is closest to your leg with the screen facing your leg at all times, you should have no problems. That's been my experience with my Nexus One.

Guest TimPeq

I signed up just to reply to this.

I dropped my Nexus One a good 5 times, none which caused any visible cracks. Then one day, I pulled it out of my pocket to find it was cracked badly. My best guess is that one of the drops created an invisible crack that some light pressure in my pocket eventually spread.

I would have to agree that the glass on the Nexus seems to not be as thick as the glass on my iPhone 3G, as I've dropped the iPhone dozens of times with no problems at all. If you do a little tapping on the Nexus screen, and then an iPhone screen, the iPhone seems a bit more solid. I must also say that I purchased my N1 second hand, and who knows what the previous owner put it through.

I ended up buying replacement glass (aka, digitizer) from eBay for around 40 bucks and repairing it myself. The N1 is definitely the most difficult to disassemble phone I've seen, but if you have enough patience its do-able.

A note to anyone who decides to do the same thing, the digitizer that I purchased did NOT come with adhesive, so I ended up cutting up scotch 'permanent' double sided tape and so far it's held up fine.

Guest charronegro1971

I could never understand for the life of me why anyone would put their Nexus One in their pocket to begin. In this day and age of skinny jeans, the thought of stuffing a smartphone into one's pocket seems "unsmart". I guess people can do whatever they Hell they want with their phone so I'll leave it at that.

Guest pwnvds

On my original Nexus One, my internal AMOLED screen cracked while the external glass was flawless. It may have happened when I sat on the phone, but it was strange that it didn't break the outer screen.

My second phone has been dropped about 5 times with no issues yet, although I haven't sat on it directly.

Although I feel like the first phone was probably poorly manufactured compared to #2, I would say just do not put it in your back pocket and you'll be fine.

uhhm.. when i was drunk i dropped mine too :( first time i dropped it - the glass was OK - but the amoled-display under the glass cracked and my screen got purple because of the liquid that went out of there.. i sent it to HTC UK for repair (~120€) and after that i dropped it again a few times, but nothing happend.. i think the amoled display is under high tension, and when you drop it and it falls to the corner on the top (right or left) it has a higher possibility to crack..

you need to be in bad luck to destroy the display i think.. thank god the repair costs @ htc are not that expensive as i thought...

Guest hellraiser_rob
My screen cracked but it was cause my pants were off and I kneeled on my phone while having... yeah you can get the picture... HTC replaced the screen for 100

I just had to reply to say, WTF???