Newbie froyo question

Guest 325i

I currently have a rooted desire and the modaco R3 rom with A2SD+ which i installed a few months ago. Im thinking of upgrading to froyo but not sure so got a few questions to ask,

1. I noticed there a few froyo roms inc many at XDA but i would prefer the modaco rom as i already have it. Is the modaco rom fully functional?

2. The only reason i rooted the phone was to get A2SD+, is it worth me going to froyo, what other benefits will i get?

3. Lastly, if i do upgrade, if i make a backup, can i load everything back when i get froyo?

thanks

Guest bigdan35

Alright mate, well these are some good questions!

Firstly.. The MoDaCo ROM is fully functional, I'm using it and it's almost flawless.. A little laggy when I'm inputting text in Handcent, but that's because I'm typing extraordinarily fast. So everything else works perfect, haven't had a problem with Wifi, GSM, HSDPA. Single seems to be better with the new Radio also.

Secondly.. Personally I think it's worth getting Froyo, as it does function and work severely faster, though that'll only come down to the user to see how that works out. AS2D+ is still a must (in my opinion) as some, if not most of the apps at the moment won't transfer straight to card for Froyo, and my phone seems to crash if I try to move some apps to SD using Froyo. So AS2D+ still use, and keep that partition on your memory card :(.

Lastly.. If you nandroid backup, you should be fine to revert if you so wish! Though, I don't think you will.. And if you're getting a MoDaCo ROM, don't wipe anything off your phone and you can install straight on top and you WON'T lose anything, trust me!

Hope this helps :(

Dan