post I9000XWJG5 flash, I've got no data and no GPS

Guest Fridge3000

Guest Fridge3000

So, after hours of reading, I flashed my EU i9000 to I9000XWJG5 - everything worked fine, ODIN3 said it was all good...

Since then though, the phone has refused to pick up any network data, edge, 3g nothing and the GPS won't even start up - Though wifi, sms and actual phone calls continue to work.

I've even downloaded a fresh copy of the firmware (WJG5, I can't find the original swiss version) to see if maybe it was corrupt, but it's showing exactly the same behavior no matter how I try it.

Any ideas?

If it helps, it's a Swisscom no-sim lock model.

Guest bambibio
So, after hours of reading, I flashed my EU i9000 to I9000XWJG5 - everything worked fine, ODIN3 said it was all good...

Since then though, the phone has refused to pick up any network data, edge, 3g nothing and the GPS won't even start up - Though wifi, sms and actual phone calls continue to work.

I've even downloaded a fresh copy of the firmware (WJG5, I can't find the original swiss version) to see if maybe it was corrupt, but it's showing exactly the same behavior no matter how I try it.

Any ideas?

If it helps, it's a Swisscom no-sim lock model.

For data, have you put your APN settings in?

Guest Fridge3000
For data, have you put your APN settings in?

I had, but they were apparently wrong... I've since found the right setup and data works.

but the GPS still won't connect to anything

Guest Andrew Luecke
I had, but they were apparently wrong... I've since found the right setup and data works.

but the GPS still won't connect to anything

To be honest, I've always thought the GPS in JG5 was worse than previous roms. GPS has been kind of horrible on all these phones though thus far (mainly software issues). From what I'm hearing though, it works a lot better in some later firmwares.

Personally, I'm waiting for Modaco R4 though before upgrading again since you'll be able to update, rather than be forced to clean install.. But yeah.. JG5's gps seems to be shonky. To be honest, I haven't been able to trust the GPS much on any firmware except my original so far.