MCR r8 development archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest FatherD
Hello everyone. I'm pretty noobish here and have some questions.

1. I have rooted 2.1update1. Is flashing to this rom possible thru Clockworks Rom Mod?

2. Is this image rooted?

3. Is update for Radio necessary?

Thanks for all answers!

I would do a wipe first!

1.Yes

2.Yes

3.Yes - so that 720p works on the camcorder!

Guest NickyK

I got a litte bug when i try to write a short message with the HTC Message. When i rotate the phone and type my message i can't delete letters. I needed to rotate the phone into the normal position and delete one or more letters. After that i turned my phone again and everything worked as it should. It's a bit time-wasting :/

Edited by NickyK

Guest filidib

hi everybody!

i'm running r5, and loving it. i just wanted to know if there is a way, in future releases, to add these few tweaks:

-better sound quality in video recording

-better (louder) ringtones and notification tones (sometimes difficult to hear)

-most important of all: is there any way to have a pick up/dismiss call sliding horizontally, and not vertically? it's too easy to answer the phone picking it out of your pocket. i'm running the mod with the standard android lock screen, which is already great news, but it would be great if i could do the same for the call screen. thanks everyone, and congratulations to paul for this great rom!

Guest Blackfish79
Sorry, but I couldn't find Swiss (German).

There's only German (Switzerland) with the same bug.

i have no bug with German (Switzerland) ...and I have also no bug with other German languages (Germany, Austria, ...)

post-712471-1280306576_thumb.jpg

Edited by Blackfish79

Guest marcuso
i have no bug with German (Switzerland) ...and I have also no bug with other German languages (Germany, Austria, ...)

Where have you checked that ? HTC apps seem to be fine, but you can try some of the apps mentioned above (e.g. wetter.com app or the stock android clock)

Guest MichaelxHell

hi guys,

i'm pretty new to all the custom ROM stuff, but since it really is that easy, i decided to give it a go. and what can i say, it simply works. no problems whatsoever and i'm not sure if its a ROM thing, or an improvement in 2.2 but the fast language switch on the keyboard is simply awesome.

just wanna say thanks, this really is great!

cheers,

Michael

Guest Blackfish79
Where have you checked that ? HTC apps seem to be fine, but you can try some of the apps mentioned above (e.g. wetter.com app or the stock android clock)

i don't use the stock android clock but wetter.com is also not working:

post-712471-1280307628_thumb.jpg

I got a litte bug when i try to write a short message with the HTC Message. When i rotate the phone and type my message i can't delete letters. I needed to rotate the phone into the normal position and delete one or more letters. After that i turned my phone again and everything worked as it should. It's a bit time-wasting :/

Press back button to hide keyboard , then point message window to pop it back. I think this method is faster :(

Guest NickyK
Press back button to hide keyboard , then point message window to pop it back. I think this method is faster :(

Awesome.. I would prefer Paul fixing it :(

Guest le_lutin
That means a new release is bound to show up soon as 2.06 was also just a test version.

But can you actually buy this chinese version with 2.2 right now? I don't think there was ever a question as to whether the desire would get 2.2, just a matter of when.

This phone mightn't actually be available (with 2.2) in china for months.

Also, how long has that spec sheet been showing 2.2?

Guest le_lutin
Will you be adding Google Maps v4.4 into the Kitchen?

Google maps auto-updated for me when I downloaded Paul's latest ROM. Check the market to see if you've got the latest version.

Guest Noonski
Will you be adding Google Maps v4.4 into the Kitchen?

Please don't quote a big ass post like that for a question that does not need the post quoted!

(Really annoying if your in the process of reading the whole thread, less annoying if your already up to snuff)

Seeing how Paul works he will probably also update Google Maps to the latest, but not the highest priority.

Personally I have Maps installed to A2SD so don't need it in the bake.

Guest gerrymoth
Please don't quote a big ass post like that for a question that does not need the post quoted!

(Really annoying if your in the process of reading the whole thread, less annoying if your already up to snuff)

Seeing how Paul works he will probably also update Google Maps to the latest, but not the highest priority.

Personally I have Maps installed to A2SD so don't need it in the bake.

Didn't notice it had added the quote, honest. Quote + or - doesn't make a difference on my PC (using shite Works IE6 browser)

Just starting out with all this ROM stuff, so just trying to understand it all.

Edited by gerrymoth

Guest DigitalC
Didn't notice it had added the quote, honest. Quote + or - doesn't make a difference on my PC (using shite Works IE6 browser)

Just starting out with all this ROM stuff, so just trying to understand it all.

Its all good :(

Guest Noonski

I have no authority here, but it was a normal reaction for me to give good advice to a First Poster :(

And trust me. Not having the latest Google Maps in the kitchen is no problem once you understand the beauty of all your apps being installed through A2SD (not the Froyo Crap) always coming back to you after a new Flash.

But can you actually buy this chinese version with 2.2 right now? I don't think there was ever a question as to whether the desire would get 2.2, just a matter of when.

This phone mightn't actually be available (with 2.2) in china for months.

Also, how long has that spec sheet been showing 2.2?

Yeah to bad my Chinese sucks.

The first 2.04 leak was probably from an update meant for training purposes with a "planned release" of 4 to six weeks after training started. So if the Chinese device exists (and is not to be released in the coming months) it should then have the follow up to 2.06 which was also meant for Chinese testing.

Edited by Noonski

Guest HearThatVoiceAgain

I am not sure I would trust that 2.2 on the chinese site. If you go to the support section there is a question about installing to SD card (a froyo feature) and the answer says that you can only install to internal memory.

Im looking to bake my own rom but im not sure what some options do such as lock screen, plurk, app sharing, etc

Has anyone got a detailed list on all the options?

Guest Spellcaster Lukian

Has the INTENT/INTENTS issue with market been fixed?

I'm in need of an upgrade to my existing ROM (a mid-R5 version), due to minor market issues, but there's little point upgrading if the newer release exchanges one issue for another!

(Please add to the changelog when it's fixed, keeping an eye on R6.)

Cheers!

May try out some other ROM's in the meantime.. :(

Guest tk1978
What's peoples battery usage like when the phone is locked (screen off), sync on, 3g on, wifi/bluetooth off.

I don't have anything on in the background, other than setCPU and Adv task killer and it seems to be using 1% - 2% every hour.

Not sure if this is normal because previously I just had the stock battery indicator. Now I use the circular one with a percentage.

that is normal.

regards,

thomas

Guest le_lutin
Im looking to bake my own rom but im not sure what some options do such as lock screen, plurk, app sharing, etc

Has anyone got a detailed list on all the options?

Not sure what you mean. Paul has explained each option (beside the checkbox in the kitchen).

Guest marcuso
Has the INTENT/INTENTS issue with market been fixed?

I'm in need of an upgrade to my existing ROM (a mid-R5 version), due to minor market issues, but there's little point upgrading if the newer release exchanges one issue for another!

(Please add to the changelog when it's fixed, keeping an eye on R6.)

Cheers!

May try out some other ROM's in the meantime.. :(

can you quickly explain what this issue is about ?

Guest FatherD
I'm experiencing huge batt. drain with new r6 rom. Flashed with full wipe. No customs mods. I have constant messages in logs while battery drops up to 20% in one hour:

V/Instrumentation( 313): >>com.android.phone.BluetoothHandsfree$BluetoothPhoneState$2@4671b1c0 onReceive:Intent { act=android.intent.action.SIG_STR flg=0x20000000 (has extras) }, tid=313

V/Instrumentation( 313): <<com.android.phone.BluetoothHandsfree$BluetoothPhoneState$2@4671b1c0 onReceive, 0ms

V/Instrumentation( 313): >>com.android.phone.BluetoothHandsfree$BluetoothPhoneState$2@4671b1c0 onReceive:Intent { act=android.intent.action.SIG_STR flg=0x20000000 (has extras) }, tid=313

V/Instrumentation( 313): <<com.android.phone.BluetoothHandsfree$BluetoothPhoneState$2@4671b1c0 onReceive, 2ms

I'm not using bluetoooth, nor i don't have any bluetooth handsfree. reboots are not solving the issue.

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere .. point me please!?

I am getting this in 'logcat' too. My battery drain is not as extreme as 20% in one hour .. but not far away at times. I have bluetooth turned off, ftp setting unticked and the Obex service killed. Why am I getting this bluetooth activity constantly? is it responsible for the overall worse battery life with this ROM?

Many thanks peeps!