MCR r8 development archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Skidder

Have been running RC1 new for a good couple of days and it is the best ROM yet. For me it's rock solid. Only mod I have is the battery circle. Had a bit of a scare when I first installed as I was getting around 10hrs on a charge. Discovered I did not tick perflock disable so SetCPU was not doing it's thing. Rebaked and now getting around 24hrs+ with exactly the same usage and config as before.

Just a note for the battery watchers like me. The processor (speed) seems to be one of the biggest background consumers of battery life. I have a pretty harsh profile on that limits the cpu to 245MHz when the screen is off. It works for me, although YMMV. It has dropped the Android system from the highest user of battery to the second lowest with WiFi (always on) and Cell standby the top users at around 20% each.

Big thanks to Paul for all the hard work!! You are THE MAN!

Guest CaspaTheGhost

First full day for and with my normal usage I'm now down to 47%, must say its a lot better than the generic ROM I had been using - would have been at 20% or so by now...

Excellent work as always Paul!

Guest Computersylvia

Good Evening,

I have a question to the freaks here. Im now have the RC3 with 2.1 from modaco on my rootet Desire. The bootloader is .75.

Also I have Apps2SD with the dalvik cache on the SD-Card installed. There is no a Branding.

This are the spezificationes:

Firmware-Version: 2.1-update1

Baseband-Version: 32.30.00.28U_4.05.00.11

Kernel-Version:2.6.29-97da29ed htc-kernel@and18-2#1

Build-Nummer:1.15.405.4 CL155070 release keys

Software-Nummer: 1.15.405.4

BrowserVersion: Webkit 3.1

Now the SD-Card was broken and I have bought a new. I have also done a hardreset.

Now I will install the r8. Can you tell me please how I can do this? Have I to do a wipe, or have I only to go to the recovery menu and flash the new ROM, after I have formatet the new SD-Card with Fat 32 and make the ext3? And what is with the radio? Must it be also new? And wich I must take? Must I do the radio-update before flashing the new ROM?

I'm looking for your answers. I will do it tomorrow, when the new SD-Card is here. It is very hard to be out of my working Desire ;-). Thank you

With best regards all over the world

Sylvia

Edited by Computersylvia

Guest The Virus 2013
I updated from R5 to R6 then R7 without a wipe and had no problems - you shouldn't have to wipe but it depends on which features have been updated since the R8 WIP that you have installed.

The bottom line is try it - if something doesn't work then you may need to wipe and re-install.

I did eventually wiped mine in order to get some of the new widgets in R8 to work and because I had done several updates without wiping - it isn't too much hassle if you use Titanium or MyBackup Pro to back up all your apps - just your desktop to sort out.

Thank you very much. I think I'll do a fresh backup with Titanium and wipe everything to be sure it'll work correctly.

Guest lnoormohamed

paul is there way you can only sync facebook contact photos not phone numbers etc.... because im getting 44 instead of +44 its v.annoying

Guest fatwolf

Paul I am not sure how plausible this would be but Could the kitchen be modified to save a users settings?

So if you make a selection when you baked the rom it was saved against your forum account and could be loaded next time you needed to bake a rom.

Guest dodolom

Hey guys, quick question. I always back-up with Nandroid and restore my back-up after a new ROM flash and I always notice that whatever new app/feature is in the new ROM I just flashed would disappear after I do a Nandroid back-up. It would basically be like how my phone was before the new ROM flash.

What am I doing wrong here?

Thnx

Guest CaspaTheGhost
Hey guys, quick question. I always back-up with Nandroid and restore my back-up after a new ROM flash and I always notice that whatever new app/feature is in the new ROM I just flashed would disappear after I do a Nandroid back-up. It would basically be like how my phone was before the new ROM flash.

What am I doing wrong here?

Thnx

Exactly that mate... Nandroid is for backing up prior to flashing new zips in case it all goes tits up, you can then roll back by restoring the backup - its therefore a safety measure... So thats what you've been doing, just going back to how your phone was before you flashed the ROM... You need to use Titanium for what you're trying to do...

Guest dodolom
Exactly that mate... Nandroid is for backing up prior to flashing new zips in case it all goes tits up, you can then roll back by restoring the backup - its therefore a safety measure... So thats what you've been doing, just going back to how your phone was before you flashed the ROM... You need to use Titanium for what you're trying to do...

Thanks so much. It all makes sense now obviously :huh:

Guest dodolom

Do I just schedule a back-up and that's it? I assume titanium saves the back-up somewhere on the SD-Card and I restore it from there?

Guest tigris666

Circle battery mod seems to be a pretty common thing every is running. I'd never heard of it so just checked it out. Looks the goods but i'd have no idea how to get it on?

Any chance of Paul adding it to the kitchen? Or someone explain how to easily put it on after a flash? Probably requires some adb stuff does it?

Guest tigris666
Do I just schedule a back-up and that's it? I assume titanium saves the back-up somewhere on the SD-Card and I restore it from there?

Titanium stores the backup on your sdcard in /TitaniumBackup. This folder isn't wiped when you do a flash / wipe. You can have titanium schedule it, but personally i run the batch backup manually just before i am about to wipe.

Guest dodolom
Titanium stores the backup on your sdcard in /TitaniumBackup. This folder isn't wiped when you do a flash / wipe. You can have titanium schedule it, but personally i run the batch backup manually just before i am about to wipe.

Cool, thanks. I got it all figured out I think.

Does it backup your settings as well?

Guest tigris666
Cool, thanks. I got it all figured out I think.

Does it backup your settings as well?

If you tell it to. E.g. backup all user apps + system data.

You sometimes need to be careful when restoring all system data as you may "lose" some stuff baked into your ROM. E.g. if you "restore" your HTC Sense desktop data, which holds your widget layout etc, and your new ROM has different widgets to your old one, then you will probably blow your new widgets away. I don't know of a way to restore your widget settings without stuffing that up.

Guest Grobie
Circle battery mod seems to be a pretty common thing every is running. I'd never heard of it so just checked it out. Looks the goods but i'd have no idea how to get it on?

Any chance of Paul adding it to the kitchen? Or someone explain how to easily put it on after a flash? Probably requires some adb stuff does it?

Hi

Download the Circle battery mod and store on sd card, open rom manager goto "install Rom from SD card" select the Circle Mod Zip and let rom manager do the rest. No need to do a wipe.

Just make sure that you have the latest Circle Battery Mod because the older one's tend to remove your APN settings. You can write down your settings or do a backup of it with "APN backup & restore" app that is avail on the market

Grobie

Guest Kiran J. Holla
Hi

Download the Circle battery mod and store on sd card, open rom manager goto "install Rom from SD card" select the Circle Mod Zip and let rom manager do the rest. No need to do a wipe.

Just make sure that you have the latest Circle Battery Mod because the older one's tend to remove your APN settings. You can write down your settings or do a backup of it with "APN backup & restore" app that is avail on the market

Grobie

Hi,

Can someone point me to the link from where the Super Circle battery mod can be downloaded?

Regards,

Kiran

Guest Diggedy
Hi,

Can someone point me to the link from where the Super Circle battery mod can be downloaded?

Regards,

Kiran

check xda developers I dont have the link handy but theres a thread for it in the developers section. You need to hunt around for the htc 2.2 framework one. Also its worth checking out the espresso mod in the theme section, works with this rom and contains the circle battery mod

PAUL

any chance of adding an optional overclock? been messing around with open desire and was nice being able to hit 1300mhz when needed

Not in r8, but I might put it in for r9.

P

Paul I am not sure how plausible this would be but Could the kitchen be modified to save a users settings?

So if you make a selection when you baked the rom it was saved against your forum account and could be loaded next time you needed to bake a rom.

Yes, this is coming! :huh:

P

This does seem to be quite a popular request, maybe for the next release i'll put it in as an off-by-default option.

P

Guest daniozzo83

PAULLLLLL new radio available :huh:

32.44.00.32U_5.09.05.30_2 taken from Vodafone UK 2.2 OTA.

here it's signed(tried and tested all works for me ) http://www.sendspace.com/file/vtpxzy

can you add this to kitchen?

thank's mate.

BIG improvements seen on 720p recording.... better signal... no battery drain for me.

Edited by daniozzo83