MCR r8 development archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest V I R U S
Alrright i'm ready to testdrive.

Hope you enjoyed the time of Paul.

Ehhmmm... It's not ready yet, or i'm overseeing something there... :)

Guest Noonski
Ehhmmm... It's not ready yet, or i'm overseeing something there... :)

Just said I'm ready he just tweeted he's working on it in the background and he said he expected to get to it today.

I'm not pushing him, just showing my excitement. And that I'm ready to give feedback ASAP:)

Guest vfrvulcan
Instead of adding the zip file in the kitchen, have you tried mannually adding in the files in the baked Modaco.zip file?

That's how i do it.

Just a thought... but doesn't that require that the ROM needs to be signed again?

Guest LOADSABEER

Is the boot image always the same size when using the kitchen? If so, how big is it? I have bad blocks in boot sector so need a boot image of no more than about 2.1MB. :)

Guest pfsykes
Is the boot image always the same size when using the kitchen? If so, how big is it? I have bad blocks in boot sector so need a boot image of no more than about 2.1MB. :)

How don you end up with bad blocks and how can you check for this.

Peter

Guest sucramco

The most recent roms Paul has done have had smaller boot images, for phones with bad blocks. As far as I am aware, the bad blocks are physical parts in the phone which are damaged. So they cannot be repaired. Generally a phone can come out of the box with bad blocks, so I have heard.

The problem is you wouldn't contact HTC to say your phone is damaged, because they would wonder how you knew. Obviously, because we are messing with our phones is how we know.

Normal phone use I suppose, would never pick this up.

This rom works on mine no problems. I suspect the official update, once Paul has done his business will be the same.

Guest vfrvulcan
As far as i know u will need to resign it.

Is there an easy way to do that?

I have no Linux experience per-se, got a triple boot W7/Ubuntu/OSX, and have frigged with DOS/Windows/stuff before them so not intimidated by trying something new.

Guest Noonski
Just a thought... but doesn't that require that the ROM needs to be signed again?

It requires you to disable signature check in clockworkmod :)

So you can flash an unsigned .zip

Edited by Noonski

Guest bigsav

I've just gone back to my recovery of this after a few days playing with some of the new roms from XDA but i keep getting FC on mail and gmail. Could it be the updated radio or that I haven't done something right when using my nandroid recovery? Any ideas?

Sav

Guest Noonski
I've just gone back to my recovery of this after a few days playing with some of the new roms from XDA but i keep getting FC on mail and gmail. Could it be the updated radio or that I haven't done something right when using my nandroid recovery? Any ideas?

Sav

Did you delete Data in application manager for Gmail?

Guest Asselberghs
does this rom have 720p video?

can i add it if it does not? and what about the Wifi n patch?

cheers

Since the early release of Froyo done by Paul had I am 99.99% sure that this costum rom based on the official Froyo rom for Desire has it too, so it´s a near definite yes. I think it´s all the same as the r5 and r6 releases just bit more stable is my guess and last minute tweaks maybe

Guest fozzieb
Since the early release of Froyo done by Paul had I am 99.99% sure that this costum rom based on the official Froyo rom for Desire has it too, so it´s a near definite yes. I think it´s all the same as the r5 and r6 releases just bit more stable is my guess and last minute tweaks maybe

cheers mate

Guest bigsav
Did you delete Data in application manager for Gmail?

I hadn't tried that. Gmail app now works again, Thanks!

Hopefully that'll keep me going until a new modaco rom appears in the next day or two!

Cheers

sav

Guest Noonski

@Paul could you add back in the LatinGoogle Keyboard as an option if possible.

When you get back to this.

(can't get it added in myself with some of the other OTA Roms)

Guest Spacedementia87

I installed this Rom over my previous r3.1 Rom and am loving it so far. I have one quite big issue though.

I can't use mobile internet. I can phone and text and use WiFi. But I can't use the internet if I am not connected to WiFi. I also never see the 3g or H icon next to my signal. Any ideas?

I installed this Rom over my previous r3.1 Rom and am loving it so far. I have one quite big issue though.

I can't use mobile internet. I can phone and text and use WiFi. But I can't use the internet if I am not connected to WiFi. I also never see the 3g or H icon next to my signal. Any ideas?

I had the exact issue (no browser over 3G but all else working) with CM6 but after a lot of searching it just occurred to me to check my access point name and even though it was semi configured, it was missing some info (Port # specifically) and without specifying the port number, weather and apps and all things would work, except browser over 3G. So check your APN settings and compare to you official APN settings for your carrier and make sure all the info is there. Like i said, for mine everything was there except Port # and as soon as i popped it in, everything worked!!

hope this helps

Guest cypherpunk

Are the wifi proxy issued fixed in Froyo?

Or is it still not possible to configure a wifi proxy on Android? :)

As everyone here will know, the sqlite technique doesn't work so well under the partial-rooting that we have for the HTC Desire.

CP

Guest Noonski
anyone have a battery% that works with this rom yet?

Both Smooth Sense icons Battery and Super Circle Mod have been adjusted and worked for me on this rom.

Edited by Noonski