MCR r8 development archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest badgerman85

any chance we can get the stock android dialer/contacts working with or without sense, so that the phone button loads the stock dialer instead of the annoying HTC Sense dialier??

Guest kevinof

Already does. Go into settings/applications/htc dialer (I think) and clear defaults. This will allow you to select the stock dialer (if installed on your phone) and make it the default.

any chance we can get the stock android dialer/contacts working with or without sense, so that the phone button loads the stock dialer instead of the annoying HTC Sense dialier??

Guest djshadow666

just wondering why do people prefer the stock one over sense?

i use sense because it has the quickdial thing so i can type the persons name in the keypad to find them

Guest dezmo
Already does. Go into settings/applications/htc dialer (I think) and clear defaults. This will allow you to select the stock dialer (if installed on your phone) and make it the default.

The only problem is that stock dialer can not sort by Family name and there is no search funciton... and there is no cook, who has been checked it before put it online. :)

I've been tried "every" sence rom with stock dialer and there is a same mistake everywhere...

Edited by dezmo

Guest daniozzo83
I'll be refreshing the WIP to R7 shortly based on the next Euro official release.

P

paul i'm with last R5.... can i update without wipe to r7 bypassing r6 ?

Guest Noonski
Paul, I presume WIP means work in progress? Does this means the roms are not fully finished and are in the testing stage?

Yup.

The roms are damned stable and fast though.

Guest jackdaniels_lee
Yup.

The roms are damned stable and fast though.

Hi Paul!

any eta on WIP 7? really wana grab your patched rosie.apk for the new Official Euro build :)

Guest dchuraman
Hi Paul!

any eta on WIP 7? really wana grab your patched rosie.apk for the new Official Euro build :)

+1 but he said today so lets just wait, shouldnt be too much longer

Guest Jerry13

Downloaded and installed R6 today only to find the same problems as R5. Massive battery drain and a very untrustworthy signal indicator. I did a full wipe of everything I could wipe including battery stats before installing and yet as soon as the phone finished rebooting Android system was at 65%! This is without me installing any apps or syncing or anything else! Newest radio flashed and yet the signal indicator is still going up and down like a yo yo! 5 bars one minute and none the next!

Rebooting the phone makes no difference to the battery as the lowest I have seen in the last couple of hours is 47% for the Android system. I have just rebooted again and it is now at 82%!! This is ridiculous to say the least!

Guest Noonski
Hi Paul!

If Paul also get's over/underclocking back to work I won't mind waiting one more day.

Still have enough to play with reconfiguring LauncherPro with the new Swipe additions.

I've been playing with a few other 2.09 roms posted here @Modaco. But i really like Paul's MCR versions as I have grown to some of the little additions he adds. Like AddBlocker, no odex in resources so I can easily replace

Framework-res.apkn and more. Most other Roms around didn't give me the flexibility to remove a whole lot of HTC Cr@p, the way Paul's MCR allows me to.

You know what I love. People openly admitting and asking for other people's patches and crediting

+1 for jackdaniels_lee, nice seeing you around here during my Very-Long-XDA-Sabbatical/Time-Off.

Guest z7x8c9

I just installed a r6 bake (i included the radio in the update) over a r3.1 bake, after the update I had no data connection (gprs, 3g or hsdpa) did adyone experience this problem? I could make calls fine, but no data...

Do I need to wipe? Any clues?

Edited by z7x8c9

Guest xTc is loVe
I just installed a r6 bake a r3.1 bake, after the update I had no data connection (gprs, 3g or hsdpa) (i included the radio in the update) did adyone experience this problem? I could make calls fine, but no data...

Do I need to wipe? Any clues?

What you done? First u installed a r6 Build WITH Radio and after this a r3.1 Rom without Radio?

If yes u need to install an Older Radio i think 32.42.00.32U_5.09.00.08

should be the right one. Wipe is highly recommenend!

As the R7 will be a WIP ROM, when will it be fully completed? I rather wait for a fully completed ROM rather than one that has work in progress.

Guest Arty Marty
As the R7 will be a WIP ROM, when will it be fully completed? I rather wait for a fully completed ROM rather than one that has work in progress.

Probably be fully completed when R8 WIP comes out I would say.... ROMS are like websites... always a work in progress, they are NEVER fully completed... :)

---------

I am so excited to get R7, this will be my first ever rooting of my android phone... I get rid of all the Telstra Bloatware, get 2.2, a faster phone, and some free memory so I can actually install some bloody apps... WOO HOO!

I have spent the last week reading about ever ROM available for the desire, and Paul's with the ROM kitchen came top of the list as far as I can tell

Warmly, Marty

Guest z7x8c9
What you done? First u installed a r6 Build WITH Radio and after this a r3.1 Rom without Radio?

If yes u need to install an Older Radio i think 32.42.00.32U_5.09.00.08

should be the right one. Wipe is highly recommenend!

Sorry, missed a word.... I installed a r6 build over a r3.1 and in the r6 kitchen I selected the radio option.