MCR r8 development archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest StuMcBill

Paul,

I noticed that you have added Facebook 1.3.0 to the kitchen (new version released yesterday), this version has SEVERE battery drain issues as it does not allow the phone to go to sleep (Obtains a permanent Wake-Lock).

Maybe it would be better to revert to the old version or people will have horrendous battery life on this r7 rom?

See here: http://geekfor.me/news/facebook-1-3-wakelock/ for more info.

Stewart

Guest spiry2sick
r7 kitchen testing now, should be online pretty soon!

P

Hi Paul,

I am on Vodafone UK and running wip6 on my desire atm, will I need radio image with the bake ?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Guest Jerry13

quote "Downloaded and installed R6 today only to find the same problems as R5. Massive battery drain and a very untrustworthy signal indicator. I did a full wipe of everything I could wipe including battery stats before installing and yet as soon as the phone finished rebooting Android system was at 65%! This is without me installing any apps or syncing or anything else! Newest radio flashed and yet the signal indicator is still going up and down like a yo yo! 5 bars one minute and none the next!

Rebooting the phone makes no difference to the battery as the lowest I have seen in the last couple of hours is 47% for the Android system. I have just rebooted again and it is now at 82%!! This is ridiculous to say the least!" quote

Hmmm, battery use seems to have settled down now so no idea what was going on before. Signal is still fluctuating but phone does not report loss of signal even when there are no bars showing so it seems to be more of an indication issue rather than a problem with reception. Then again I could of course be talking complete rubbish! :)

Apart from that this is a superb rom and I love the Android contacts app, so much easier to use than the HTC one.

I can't seem to find Flash 10.1 in the marketplace? Anybody point me in the right direction?

Edited by Jerry13

Guest dareal
Thanks Paul! :)

Just installed r7 WIP over the last r5 WIP refresh released (no wipe)!

then you should change your signature :D i cant wait to install! :D (r5 atm)

Guest bigdan35

Sorted, been waiting for this for a while, but I still have one little niggle which has been getting at me for quite some time now.

On r6, the "standard Androids contacts app" had been implemented, which unfortunately it didn't work even when it was baked.

I can see on r7 that the selection isn't even there, I've been baking a few of my ROMs to see how things work properly, and I can't seem to get the Stock Contacts on to the ROM, eventhough other ROMs do have it.

Is there anyway to implement Stock Contacts / Phone in to this ROM via ClockworkRecovery?

Cheers

Paul,

I noticed that you have added Facebook 1.3.0 to the kitchen (new version released yesterday), this version has SEVERE battery drain issues as it does not allow the phone to go to sleep (Obtains a permanent Wake-Lock).

Maybe it would be better to revert to the old version or people will have horrendous battery life on this r7 rom?

See here: http://geekfor.me/news/facebook-1-3-wakelock/ for more info.

Stewart

Funny, I've seen people complaining about this. I have new Facebook, and New Radio, and I have better battery life than before. My phone sleeps fine...

Weird.

Guest dchuraman
Funny, I've seen people complaining about this. I have new Facebook, and New Radio, and I have better battery life than before. My phone sleeps fine...

Weird.

agreed, no noticeable difference in battery life since installing the new FB app

Guest dchuraman

got a FC at the end of the initial set up app after installing a clean r7 rom, then after the FC just get a black screen, rebooting now to see if it fixes it

Guest dezmo
Sorted, been waiting for this for a while, but I still have one little niggle which has been getting at me for quite some time now.

On r6, the "standard Androids contacts app" had been implemented, which unfortunately it didn't work even when it was baked.

I can see on r7 that the selection isn't even there, I've been baking a few of my ROMs to see how things work properly, and I can't seem to get the Stock Contacts on to the ROM, eventhough other ROMs do have it.

Is there anyway to implement Stock Contacts / Phone in to this ROM via ClockworkRecovery?

Cheers

I've same problem, but I'm afraid implementing stock contacts to Sense is not an easy task. I've tried "every" Sence rom with android contacts in it, but same probleme everywhere: Sort by family name and search fuction are not working.

(In AOSP roms everything is OK.)

Edited by dezmo

Guest Elbereth

Just for info, I had to clear cache & data for Gmail app (it would crash everytime) then force a synchro.

I also had to remove & re-add some widgets (Yahoo, Facebook, SetCPU, Mobile Vikings & ColorNote).

Appart from that, phone is running smoothly (still have the wrong chars in the Music apps for AAC tho, I guess HTC did not fix that after all).

Guest dchuraman
got a FC at the end of the initial set up app after installing a clean r7 rom, then after the FC just get a black screen, rebooting now to see if it fixes it

now it just hangs at the quietly brilliant screen, which i can turn on and off with the power button, but cant do anything else. reflash time i think

Guest Jack Carlston

First unrevoked my (still unrooted) Desire (www.unrevoked.com), baked in Pauls kitchen, burned, works like a charm. Thanks a lot, Paul.

Cheers

This will be back soon...

P

Guest bigdan35
The main goal (for me) to use Android contacts app, is to view and sort contacts by FAMILY name. It is NOT working here. Still sortting by first name. Can you please look around why? We are (in my country) using names as Family name first, given name 2nd.

Other: How can I get Titanium Backup enhanced version?

LeeDrOiD over at XDA has successfully ported it to Froyo (official OTA) with Sense: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=724123

Tried this the other day and fell in love but I'm being pretty loyal to MoDaCo at the mo and restored via nandroid backup lol.

This will be back soon...

Just saw this too, hence the edit. Thank's mate!

Dan

Edited by bigdan35

Hmm, will check that out.

P

Guest Rivendel

So after updating from W6 to W7 i have some bugs.

1. Crashing Google-Mail: could be fixed with cleaning cache and data of gmail-App

2. Trackpad Wake Only is not working.

Thank you for this work