MCR r8 development archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest foxmeister
Did you do a full wipe? Do you use the stock gmail app? I'm only asking because in r5 I wasn't the only one with this problem and I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I included a2sd+ in my baked ROM - maybe that's the problem? Should I use regular a2sd (without the cache) or even Froyo's a2sd (even though I gather it's really lame)?

Help will be greatly appreciated.

I've had no problems syncing 3 Gmail accounts with both R5 and R6.

Stock Gmail, and baked in A2SD, but to be honest I've been trying out Froyo A2SD, so my SD card doesn't have an EXT2 partition at the moment.

Sorry, if this is an obvious question, but I presume that you checked Gmail sync in "Accounts & Sync", for all your accounts?

Just a comment on Froyo A2SD, in my opinion it isn't as bad as it is made out to be. Yes, legacy A2SD will allow you to install more apps, but for the vast majority of people Froyo A2SD will work fine. Bear in mind that the average user won't understand anything about partitioning SD cards and would never be able to "migrate" to a higher capacity SD with legacy A2SD, whereas with Froyo it is simply a case of copying the contents on one SD card to another.

IMHO, the next generation of Android phones will include a larger apps space anyway, as the real "fault" here is the hardware not the software.

Regards,

Dave

Guest lambrospower

hey paul i just upgrdaded to the r6 rom.....the first thing i notice is that i have more ram than the r4 so 1+ to that :(

the bad thing is that my battery drains too fast . . . . . . i read that the neophyte rom based on yours is battery efficient....is there any way to fix this please!!!!

anw your roms are the BEST and most stable i tried so far....i am using yours since mcr r2 (eclair)

Guest Jagdish

while the phone is in standby mode i lose less than 1% per hour, i find battery life to be quite gd tbh...

Edited by Jagdish

Guest MarvinFS

I'm experiencing huge batt. drain with new r6 rom. Flashed with full wipe. No customs mods. I have constant messages in logs while battery drops up to 20% in one hour:

V/Instrumentation( 313): >>com.android.phone.BluetoothHandsfree$BluetoothPhoneState$2@4671b1c0 onReceive:Intent { act=android.intent.action.SIG_STR flg=0x20000000 (has extras) }, tid=313

V/Instrumentation( 313): <<com.android.phone.BluetoothHandsfree$BluetoothPhoneState$2@4671b1c0 onReceive, 0ms

V/Instrumentation( 313): >>com.android.phone.BluetoothHandsfree$BluetoothPhoneState$2@4671b1c0 onReceive:Intent { act=android.intent.action.SIG_STR flg=0x20000000 (has extras) }, tid=313

V/Instrumentation( 313): <<com.android.phone.BluetoothHandsfree$BluetoothPhoneState$2@4671b1c0 onReceive, 2ms

I'm not using bluetoooth, nor i don't have any bluetooth handsfree. reboots are not solving the issue.

Edited by MarvinFS

Guest AndreyK

Hi,

There is something strange issue with market

I can install some apps just fine, but others do not. For example, i picked an app from the market, "Linpack for Android" and it failed to install, despite the fact that the file was downloaded and i see it in /sdcard/download , but another random app, "Power Search" installed just fine. I think this is the error produced when it failed to install an app.

I just look into log file and see this:

E/MediaScannerService( 499): Failed to delete file /data/data/com.android.providers.media/pause_scan
E/PackageHelper( 1148): Failed to create secure container smdl2tmp1
E/DefContainer( 1148): Failed to create container smdl2tmp1
[/codebox]

Any ideas what wrong?

Thanks.

Guest bigdan35

Anyone not have the default Android Contacts app? I've selected it and installed it, done it twice to make sure - and nope.. Not there

Guest tk1978
Hi,

There is something strange issue with market

I can install some apps just fine, but others do not. For example, i picked an app from the market, "Linpack for Android" and it failed to install, despite the fact that the file was downloaded and i see it in /sdcard/download , but another random app, "Power Search" installed just fine. I think this is the error produced when it failed to install an app.

I just look into log file and see this:

E/MediaScannerService( 499): Failed to delete file /data/data/com.android.providers.media/pause_scan
E/PackageHelper( 1148): Failed to create secure container smdl2tmp1
E/DefContainer( 1148): Failed to create container smdl2tmp1
[/codebox]

Any ideas what wrong?

Thanks.

i had this, too. i partitioned the sdcard new and wiped everything and tha it works.

Guest mmeikelinen

I have still the same issue with htc clock widget. The network location does not work in it.

It works for everything else like google maps...

Guest Milos SK
There is a problem, I lost all of my apn settings after first reboot :( May be some one have the same ...

-- after several minutes

in my /system/etc/apns-conf.xml there is configuration entries for my operator -

# cat apns-conf.xml | grep Mega

<apn carrier="Megafon internet"

<apn carrier="Megafon MMS"

but in apn configuration is empty :(

may be someone knows what's wrong ?

Did you try "Reset to default" in APNs menu?

Guest tinyk

I've not had any problems with R6 deleting the APN settings but I did using R5, this time before the upgrade to R6 I backed them up with APN backup, if I can find the backup file your welcome to it if you still need, think it said summit like 147 apn settings backed up so it must have most networks.

Battery life is a killer though on this version, I've been running R4 for last few days because of problems with my in-box on R5 and I was getting a full day at work with heavy usage and still getting a good 12 hours before charging, today no calls and a few texts, took off charge at 8am this morning and had to put it on by 15.00hrs.

Ahh well guess its got a long way to go yet.

anyone know if the upgrades from Adfree to Plus membership have to be done manually by Paul? I decided to pay the extra last night and I've still not changed over but I'm sure when I paid for adfree it happened instantly or nearly. If its manual then least I know it wont happen for a few days, I don't want to go raising a problem if its cause he is away.

Thanks

Edited by tinyk

Guest Android01

Hey Paul,

great work !

I have one topic which I want to highlight and which was discussed a lot before in several posts but I did not found a good solution so far.

I want to use the Android contacts app, becaue it provides the possibility is to view and sort contacts by FAMILY name.

Unfortunately it is not working. Changing the settings have no effect.

I noticed when sorting the name of a contact (Family name first) in the HTC contact app than the Family name is shown first in

the HTCcontact app and also in the Android contact app.

Is there any possiblity to change the sorting of the names for all contacts (using HTC contact app) with only one action ?

2nd.

Is it be possible to uninstall the HTC conact app (I preferr only to have the android contact app).

Thanks.

Guest dezmo
Hey Paul,

great work !

I have one topic which I want to highlight and which was discussed a lot before in several posts but I did not found a good solution so far.

I want to use the Android contacts app, becaue it provides the possibility is to view and sort contacts by FAMILY name.

Unfortunately it is not working. Changing the settings have no effect.

I noticed when sorting the name of a contact (Family name first) in the HTC contact app than the Family name is shown first in

the HTCcontact app and also in the Android contact app.

Is there any possiblity to change the sorting of the names for all contacts (using HTC contact app) with only one action ?

2nd.

Is it be possible to uninstall the HTC conact app (I preferr only to have the android contact app).

Thanks.

I just opened a topic ( http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...by-family-name/ ) becouse of same reason... at least you're not alone. :(

Guest masi0
Changelog

r6 WIP 12:00 23/Jul

•Now includes standard Android contacts app as an option

•Additional Trackball Wake option (now has a dedicated group in the kitchen)

•Changes to Rosie to allow compatability with HTC provided widgets (hopefully)

Same here. Does anyone have any clues? Thanks

+1 prefer stock phone app better :(

Guest MarvinFS

BUG!

1.When the stock sms app is used (from the kitchen) and when trying to send sms to contact from HTC's phone app it just opens empty window of sms app without contact's telephone number.

2. i confirm that family name sorting is not working in stock phone app. (the very reason it's been used by me)

3. stock phone app is missing "phone" type contacts, only "google" type exists and it's unable to select contact type when creating new contacts...

HTC's phone app is able to add "phone" type contacts welll.

Edited by MarvinFS

Guest rickako

After flashing to r6 today I am having problems with the facebook for htc sense contacts.

According to the list it is only retrieving 128 friends out of the 170ish from my account, so I am missing quite a few for linking to my google contacts.

I have flashed both without a wipe and then with a full wipe but had the same results.

Never had this problem with previous versions, just wondered if anyone was having similar problems, or if it could be intermittent facebook problem

Guest tommo123
After flashing to r6 today I am having problems with the facebook for htc sense contacts.

According to the list it is only retrieving 128 friends out of the 170ish from my account, so I am missing quite a few for linking to my google contacts.

I have flashed both without a wipe and then with a full wipe but had the same results.

Never had this problem with previous versions, just wondered if anyone was having similar problems, or if it could be intermittent facebook problem

mine just froze on me. just a feeling but both times it's frozen it's been involving juice defender somehow (maybe just a coincidence). am goign to try again without JD

Guest Jagdish

get into accounts&settings and press sync now, itll evantually sync and youll get the rest of your contacts :(

Guest paeaeppae

Paul - this is by far my favourite ROM of all so far.....and I've tried every single one!

I don't know what you did on this one, but my battery is absolutely amazing on this ROM. I've got Juice Defender Ultimate running, so I don't know if it's a combination of both (plus Advanced Task Killer Pro), but I seriously have my battery still on 100% after 4 hours. I played tennis & did not touch my phone once, but I did get a message & missed call.

I found my battery was draining way too much on the last r5 ROM, but this one is incredibly efficient.

I also don't have any bugs, believe it or not. Stock Android Contact all working fine, yet I still prefer the HTC one so I use that.

All the bugs mentioned in this post, I don't have any. It's strange, because usually I can relate to 1 or 2 problems.

If you can keep the battery life the same on the rest of your ROM's, it would be great. I don't know how or why, but my Desire is running great.