MCR r8 development archive

Guest PaulOBrien

In the next version of the Kitchen we will be able to save our "ingredients" so it´s faster to bake our preferred rom, don´t know if it´s cookie based or what he´s going to do, but it´s coming in the next version of the Kitchen.

Yeah, it's coming!

P

Guest Gandalf-LoJ
Yeah, i'll probably remove the option to un-bake friendstream.

P

Well, just so you know. Baked this morning without friendstream, peep or facebook but WITH HTC Contacts and I don't have a problem with a sync loop. This was without a wipe, and with a wipe too (wiped to loose the two phone apps)

G

Paul i have a problem.

i put some songs in the phone, 1 song have a image, and then all the songs with the same image! why?

and where is the new Adobe Flash? i cant see his app.

thx

No idea.

Flash is in there.

P

Guest shadamehr
Well, just so you know. Baked this morning without friendstream, peep or facebook but WITH HTC Contacts and I don't have a problem with a sync loop. This was without a wipe, and with a wipe too (wiped to loose the two phone apps)

G

As already stated, if you remove ALL of them,a nd don't link to Facebook Contacts, Twitter Contacts etc, then in certain cases, it can all work fine.

But for about 90%, removing these, will somewhere down the line, cause big issues with the Sync situation.

Hence why Paul's thinking fo removing the "Remove Friendstream" option.

If you remove Friendstream, BUT leave in a certain other thing, then you have problems.

Guest shadamehr

Getting:

[snip]

...When trying to do a bake, using a Custom Zip addition.

Problem is, its the exact same Zip I uploaded at 1am last night when I made a ROM bake....

Guest Han-Droid

short feedback here:

r7 -> r8 (without wipe)

default options in kitchen except stock,teeter,wifi-secure (like almost always..)

everything ok so far.

P.S. OH and THANKS for the really nice bootup-animation.....me likey, likey, like it ! :-)

Edited by Han-Droid

Guest le_lutin
But, What about the songs? when you release the non bug version?

No-one else seems to have this issue, so I'd say you'll probably have to provide a bit more detail and steps to reproduce the issue before it considered to be a bug.

Guest David Szabo
Hmmm...

<bool name="config_disableMenuKeyInLockScreen">false</bool>

Should work then (but agree it doesn't)... can anyone without trackball wake confirm if it works for them?

P

Menu to unlock works fine for me. (Using power button only to wake)

Edited by David Szabo

Guest David Szabo
Yeah, i'll probably remove the option to un-bake friendstream.

P

I've un-baked friendstream and peep, but left facebook and I don't seem to be having this syncing problem. Was fine in r7 too.

Getting:

[snip]

...When trying to do a bake, using a Custom Zip addition.

Problem is, its the exact same Zip I uploaded at 1am last night when I made a ROM bake....

Should be fixed now, i've been working on the kitchen scripts. :)

P

Guest RevoWution
Screenshot?

P

Here are a couple of screenshots indicating the "embarrassed" emoticon problem I have:

embarrassed_1.jpgembarrassed_2.jpg

It appears the "embarrassed" smiley has been resized from a smaller size, hence the poorer quality. I don't recall having this problem with Android 2.1 (or on your r3.1 ROM). My gf's HTC Legend doesn't have this either.

what does this fabled boot animation look like?

It's a very special looking bootanimation. Too difficult to explain. I've never seen such great piece of art. Van Gogh was an amateur compared to this stunning bit of craftsmanship.

Now you know you will reflash, only for this bootanimation, won't you? ;-)

Edited by bas-r

Guest rveupen
Did you exclude friendstream?

P

I also excluded Friendstream and have ExchangeSync with push.

The Sync symbol doesn't stay on.

I did do a complete wipe of everything even re-parted my sd in adb!

Things are working fine.

Here are a couple of screenshots indicating the "embarrassed" emoticon problem I have:

embarrassed_1.jpgembarrassed_2.jpg

It appears the "embarrassed" smiley has been resized from a smaller size, hence the poorer quality. I don't recall having this problem with Android 2.1 (or on your r3.1 ROM). My gf's HTC Legend doesn't have this either.

Bizarro, will look into that!

P

Guest venturerider
Other thing i noticed that linpack shows me with r8 and wipe only 33 MFLOPS R5 > R7 with out wipe i had 39 MFLOPS

This might be due to the new release of linpack. They made changes to the algorythm. Something about being more "accurate". My linpack score went from almost 40 to about 33 with this update to linpack.