MCR r8 development archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest beady_uk
Paul, please don't. I don't use friendstream, love the option to remove it and don't have any continuous sync issues

+1 don't stop us removing it

Guest Arty Marty

Paul, you might have missed this before but can we please have English (Australia) added?

Also a new version of spare parts is out if you want to update that...

Warmly, Marty

Guest Gaspedal
+1 don't stop us removing it

works fine!

@Paul: Can you add an script that moves the data-libs of the biggest apps to sd card ? You could check biggest app-data caches with

du -sk /data/data/* | sort -rn | head

is this possible to realize ?

I have App2SD+ but low memory after 120 Apps. I have tried to move data/data folder to sd, but your App2SD-bodyguard script kills my data Symlink (after reboot) and copies the files back. ^^

Edited by Gaspedal

Guest KingDan
The Boot Animation contained in the Kitchen, the original Nexus one that Paul has recently added, turned out NOT to be the one I was after... though it is mighty nice anyhow.

So I added the one I had on file to the Kitchen ROM zip on my Computer instead, did a Wipe and Re-flash, and I now have the nice Nexus Cross 'flash in/flash out' Lightning/electricity style Boot Animation.

If anyone wants the bootanimation.zip file for that one, just let me know.

Thanks again Paul for all your hard work, and to Noonski for LOTS of help and advice from him too.

Maybe it's the W7 Nexus boot animation...

Guest Grobie
No, you didnt understand me,

I flash R8 and no touch anything, connect the USB, and its gone!

and can you answear on this:

Thx!

Hi TamirDa

I don't know if this was mentioned before, I had the same problem I think with r5 WIP, solved it by removing the widget and adding it again and select the current location when adding it.

hope this help.

Grobie

Guest Jamien

Upgraded from r6 to r7 then today to r8.

Works like a charm! Thanks Paul :D

One issue I'm seeing at the moment is when I leave it charging I unplug the phone and it's saying battery is around 95%.

The green LED is on so it's saying it's fully charged? I've wiped the battery info a few times and it happens with both r7 and r8.

-e

Just read somewhere that apparently Lithium-ion batteries drop to 95% once fully charged and that apparently it's normal.

Edited by Jamien

Guest saisquare
Can you make that minor update after the weekend, some of us are trying to build social lives here.

Besides there's a stable r5 to play with anyway.

(needed to post this before the age old, When questions come out, as protest against them)

Sounds like the double gmail.apk's. Paul fixed it late yesterday.

Try a rebake and Flash.

There are Gamil.apk and Gamil 2.2.1.apk there. Tried to rebake and flash it again. And it is fixed.

Thanks for advice.

Guest Noonski
Upgraded from r6 to r7 then today to r8.

Works like a charm! Thanks Paul :D

One issue I'm seeing at the moment is when I leave it charging I unplug the phone and it's saying battery is around 95%.

The green LED is on so it's saying it's fully charged? I've wiped the battery info a few times and it happens with both r7 and r8.

-e

Just read somewhere that apparently Lithium-ion batteries drop to 95% once fully charged and that apparently it's normal.

+1

I also had the infamous Battery Drop on r8, but hadn't gotten it when was on r7.

Guest Jamien
+1

I also had the infamous Battery Drop on r8, but hadn't gotten it when was on r7.

I just tried this and it seems to have fixed it.

Once it hits about 95% turn it off and unplug the USB cable

Take the battery out for a few seconds (10+)

Put the battery back in

Still off, plug the USB cable back in

Leave it till the LED goes green

Did that to mine about an hour and a half ago and it's sitting stable at 100% while on charge, unplugging it's still sitting at 100%

:D

Guest mmeikelinen
Anyone else having problems installing an R8 baked rom? I'm getting a

E: Missing file:

system/customize/MNS/425.xml

E: Verification failed

error :D

if you search from this thread you will find the answer.

Guest Lokicoon
If you want to odex /system/app, download this file, extract it to a directory, then from a command prompt above that directory do:

adb push odex /data/odex

adb shell /data/odex/odex.sh

... wait for reboot to recovery, then enter fake-flash recovery ...

adb shell mount /system

adb shell mount /sdcard

adb shell cp /sdcard/odex/* /system/app

reboot

I'd advise backing up first, but interested to hear your results. Working fine here.

P

not work with R8 - cyclical reboot.

Guest gianton
I am running that ROM you speak of. Before that, on my Hero, I was running the very first ROM that Paul had built from the official 2.1 release. I love those pristine official ROMs! They are extremely stable and fast. I especially like them because they are odexed, so they take up less data space and I don't need to use A2SD.

Now, for the folks who install 200 apps and like to theme their phones and such, it just won't do.

+1 here as well.

After having the dissapearing issue with photos and videos taken from my camera with A2SD, I am back on the stock Rom of Paul and everything is running fast and stable.

Guest vertti

Paul,

MMS messages either don't work or I receive them as really small thumbnails on all htc sense roms. But on Cyanogen / OpenDesire they worked nicely. I think cyanogen/od have included MMS fixes/patches.. Is it at all possible to apply these kind of changes to your rom?

Thanks!

Guest TamirDa

Paul I found some bugs in R8:

A. When i connect the phone to the computer, the weather disappear from the world clock.

B.I have one song with pic', and in the music app all the songs with the same pic'! why?

C.When i bake me new rom, i didnt select Disable sound, and still i dont have sound when i'm turn on the phon. why?

D. can you add to the kitchen the circle better mod?

E.when you release the full version of R8?

Can you fix it? I very need good rom and no bugs

Guest persko
BTW, is there any way to directly reboot in recovery mode? I check the busybox reboot parameters but nothing regarding this specific device feature...

You can do this from ADB (you need to be connected to the computer anyway)

# adb reboot recovery

Per

Guest tinnef
I just tried this and it seems to have fixed it.

Once it hits about 95% turn it off and unplug the USB cable

Take the battery out for a few seconds (10+)

Put the battery back in

Still off, plug the USB cable back in

Leave it till the LED goes green

Did that to mine about an hour and a half ago and it's sitting stable at 100% while on charge, unplugging it's still sitting at 100%

:D

Did this and it's charging at now. The first time I plugged it in it wen tstraight from 93% to 100% in a matter of seconds, and dropped back down ofter disconnecting. It seems to be charging normally now.

Edited by tinnef

Guest FatherD
Any chance you can do the same again *with* the funny coloured icons please?

Cheers

Aaron

Trying to work one up, but have little experience, if I manage it I will post in the supercircle thread :D

Paul I found some bugs in R8:

A. When i connect the phone to the computer, the weather disappear from the world clock.

B.I have one song with pic', and in the music app all the songs with the same pic'! why?

C.When i bake me new rom, i didnt select Disable sound, and still i dont have sound when i'm turn on the phon. why?

D. can you add to the kitchen the circle better mod?

E.when you release the full version of R8?

Can you fix it? I very need good rom and no bugs

You keep asking the same questions.

All but one have been answered in this thread, i'll summarize:

A: Known bug, you left out some part of Sense when baking.

B: This is to annoy you.

C: Known bug, find Pauls answer a few pages back.

D: Paul doesn't want to modify the framework, which is what the battery mod is, so NO.

E: Whenever it's finished.

Now, please stop repeating the same questions.