MCR r8 development archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest shadamehr
Hi,

Where's the kitchen?

I baked a Froyo ROM for my Desire a couple weeks ago, maybe DeFrost or Cyanogen or whatever, and now I'd like to bake another one, probably R8, but there's no way I can find the link to the kitchen.

Thx for your help,

/b

You didn't 'bake' a ROM if it was either of those... you downloaded, installed, or Flashed one...

BAKING a ROM is the name given to the process where you Custom Create your own unique ROM on this site, using Paul's Rom 'Kitchen'

And as already mentioned to you, this option is only open to those members of this site who purchase either an Ad-Free, or a Plus, Membership mate.

Hope this helps.

Guest dareal
You didn't 'bake' a ROM if it was either of those... you downloaded, installed, or Flashed one...

BAKING a ROM is the name given to the process where you Custom Create your own unique ROM on this site, using Paul's Rom 'Kitchen'

And as already mentioned to you, this option is only open to those members of this site who purchase either an Ad-Free, or a Plus, Membership mate.

Hope this helps.

you can find another kitchens on the net, but mcr roms are the best :D

You can still see the kitchen but you cant bake if you don't have ad free or plus.

"Sorry, this Online Kitchen is available to Premium members only." at the bottom of the kitchen in post 2.

Edited by Nicke

Guest DigitalC

Hey all,

Im having a few issues updating to R8 from R5 and i was hoping someone might have come across this in the past or maybe know how i can trouble shoot it.

I downloaded R8 grand but when i plug my USB into phone and computer, the phone charges but does not give me access to the memory card.

Normally ive been given an option to charge or Disc drive etc but i no longer get the option, or the little USB symbol in the top left either.

Ive gone into settings and set default to Disc drive but it makes no difference.

I never had any previous problems like this and ive flashed a fair few ROM from this site. This problem seems to have just come out of nowhere.

To try and get around it, i moved the downloaded R8 zip file to my drop box folder, downloaded on my device and moved it to root.

When i go to flash the ROM i get the following:-

Installing: SDCARD:/r8-bravo-desire-modacocustomrom-signed-MD5-9a4444c38ba52a2767d050dfafbbda03.zip

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

E:Can't open /sdcard/r8-bravo-desire-modacocustomrom-signed-MD5-9a4444c38ba52a2767d050dfafbbda03.zip

(bad)

Installation aborted.

/tmp/recovery.log was copied to /sdcard/clockworkmod/recovery.log was copied to /sdcard/clockworkmod/recovery.log. Please open ROM Manager to report the issue.

I have downloaded R8 a few times now and tryed flashing with and without wipe but same thing each time.

Any ideas?

Edited by DigitalC

Guest Noonski
Hey all,

Im having a few issues updating to R8 from R5 and i was hoping someone might have come across this in the past or maybe know how i can trouble shoot it.

I downloaded R8 grand but when i plug my USB into phone and computer, the phone charges but does not give me access to the memory card.

Normally ive been given an option to charge or Disc drive etc but i no longer get the option, or the little USB symbol in the top left either.

Ive gone into settings and set default to Disc drive but it makes no difference.

I never had any previous problems like this and ive flashed a fair few ROM from this site. This problem seems to have just come out of nowhere.

To try and get around it, i moved the downloaded R8 zip file to my drop box folder, downloaded on my device and moved it to root.

When i go to flash the ROM i get the following:-

Installing: SDCARD:/r8-bravo-desire-modacocustomrom-signed-MD5-9a4444c38ba52a2767d050dfafbbda03.zip

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

E:Can't open /sdcard/r8-bravo-desire-modacocustomrom-signed-MD5-9a4444c38ba52a2767d050dfafbbda03.zip

(bad)

Installation aborted.

/tmp/recovery.log was copied to /sdcard/clockworkmod/recovery.log was copied to /sdcard/clockworkmod/recovery.log. Please open ROM Manager to report the issue.

I have downloaded R8 a few times now and tryed flashing with and without wipe but same thing each time.

Any ideas?

Did you check the Sign File option at the bottom of the kitchen?

If not try disabling signature check in Clockworkmod.

Edited by Noonski

Guest vfrvulcan

The filename suggests that it is signed.

Either you're getting several bad downloads or your SD card is iffy.

Test your card with H2testw

HTH

Guest Grobie

Can someone confirm if the HTC Wallpapers is working, notice its in /system/customize/resource but its not showing when I want to select a wallpaper.

Thanks

Grobie

Don't worry I just copy the one that I want onto my sd card.

Thanks Paul great Rom

Edited by Grobie

Guest benj.vd

Hope this helps.

I did bake a ROM. I could choose from several developers' ROMs, I suppressed a few things I did not want like Stocks, added Titanium Backup, and chose a boot animation. I was not even registered on Modaco. I can't find again the link to the kitchen I followed, but I did bake a ROM.

Anyway, I understand that I must now pay a membership to access the bake, but are there other means to get ROMs? Say I want this R8 release, is there anywhere I can download an already-baked one ?

I'm considering buying access to the bake, but first I'm exploring alternatives.

Thx

EDIT: maybe it was not Paul's kitchen, I just remember following a link on Modaco to some kitchen site, grayish looking, simple and easy to use.

Edited by benj.vd

Guest gianton
Can someone confirm if the HTC Wallpapers is working, notice its in /system/customize/resource but its not showing when I want to select a wallpaper.

Thanks

Grobie

No they are not working, guess Paul knows already of ths bug.

Guest DigitalC

Thanks for you reply. Yes i ensured each file was signed

The filename suggests that it is signed.

Either you're getting several bad downloads or your SD card is iffy.

Test your card with H2testw

HTH

Thanks vfrvulcan, i just downloaded H2testw and its scanning the card now

Guest Noonski
Can't find Chrome to phone in market, also no Voice Actions.

You have to download it directly online it's not in the market.

And i didn't notice Paul also added the unsigned filename :D

Just missed this engadget article

http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/12/chrome-...id-froyo-users/

It should now be in the market.

Otherwise the save bet:

http://code.google.com/p/chrometophone/

Edited by Noonski

Guest MacCarron
You have to download it directly online it's not in the market.

And i didn't notice Paul also added the unsigned filename :D

Just missed this engadget article

http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/12/chrome-...id-froyo-users/

It should now be in the market.

I think not all countries can have access to them atm...from italy i get nothing. If i try to emulate a t-mobile sim with market access i can indeed find and download both the new voice search and the new google search widget ( i already had chrome2phone), but both installations fail..

Guest muzens
Okay, nothing in the market from Germany. I'm already using chrome to phone but I want it from the market (updates).

It is avaliable to those in the UK at the moment at V2.0.0, hopefully it will be avaliable to you guys soon.

Guest AndrewMe

Please, can somebody advise, why for android (2.1, 2.2) Stocks Widget can't find "USDEUR=X" ticker, although there is a ticker in yahoo finance and the HTC STOCKS Widget for Diamond, HD2 does find it?

Sorry, if it's offtopic - dont know, where to ask..

Edited by AndrewMe