MCR r8 development archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest jeandujardin
Yes it is, I can't place a call via my BT headset.

i hit the headset button twice and it start a call normally, even resume the music !

@maccarron

also tried the t-mobile trick, failed to install also; could try to delete the old app first maybe

Guest jeandujardin

i just realised that voice command works via bluetooth ! long press on the MFB and it works (never worked before)

btw thanks for the APKs Paul

Edited by jeandujardin

I think there might be a bug in in the CarPanel app. If you use it to access maps, and press back, it will go back to CarPanel and automatically close it. It might not happen the first time, but try again, it will happen every time from then on. Pressing the home button to return to CarPanel works fine. (It happens here anyway :D )

The old CarPanel I've used with brut is ok, but I'd rather have the new one if possible.

Anyone else notice this?

Guest gianton
i hit the headset button twice and it start a call normally, even resume the music !

@maccarron

also tried the t-mobile trick, failed to install also; could try to delete the old app first maybe

Yes I know I do the same, but it doesn't recognize my voice well. It calls another contact, it works great in the AOSP ROMs. Not a big deal really I am using it not so often, it is quite funny for me to voice dial in English!

Edited by gianton

Guest benj.vd
I did bake a ROM. I could choose from several developers' ROMs, I suppressed a few things I did not want like Stocks, added Titanium Backup, and chose a boot animation. I was not even registered on Modaco. I can't find again the link to the kitchen I followed, but I did bake a ROM.

Anyway, I understand that I must now pay a membership to access the bake, but are there other means to get ROMs? Say I want this R8 release, is there anywhere I can download an already-baked one ?

I'm considering buying access to the bake, but first I'm exploring alternatives.

Thx

EDIT: maybe it was not Paul's kitchen, I just remember following a link on Modaco to some kitchen site, grayish looking, simple and easy to use.

Auto-answer, hope that helps someone one day: my Firefox Noscript plugin was hiding the kitchen in Paul's posts (romraid.com was forbidden).

I now see there are free and members only kitchens on Modaco, but I'm still wondering what's this grayish-looking kitchen site I ended up baking a ROM on about half a month ago... any idea?

Thx for the great work

Edited by benj.vd

Guest TamirDa

Paul,

I very need that you will fix that issus pls!!!!:D:

I have one song with picture, and when i put it in the mp3 folder, all the songs in the music app with the same pictures!!! why?!

please i need a sulotion:)

Thank you very much!!!

T

Guest Entreated

@maccarron

Oh so Voice Dialer doesn't work without. A headset?

Always wondered why it never worked when I spoke to it normally, now I know why.

Guest Heppieboeddah
I think not all countries can have access to them atm...from italy i get nothing. If i try to emulate a t-mobile sim with market access i can indeed find and download both the new voice search and the new google search widget ( i already had chrome2phone), but both installations fail..

Market Enabler faking T-mobile -US gave me after searching 'google inc' both applications and installed just fine.

location Netherlands

Guest jeandujardin
Oh so Voice Dialer doesn't work without. A headset?

Always wondered why it never worked when I spoke to it normally, now I know why.

the click twice thing is just to call the last number,

for Voice dialer, just old the search button and say "call 12345" (just tried with the new app, it works fine)

Guest MacCarron

Flashed the apks and Voice Actions work perfectly! "Small" problem though, they only recognize english :D :D . If calling contacts or pulling maps is no big deal, typing emails or text gets kinda messy unless i permanently switch to english and forsake italian (might be a problem for most people that interact with me here in italy) ;) :D. Hopefully Google will soon add more localization, just as they did with the original voice search.

Edited by MacCarron

Guest persko
Anyway, I understand that I must now pay a membership to access the bake, but are there other means to get ROMs? Say I want this R8 release, is there anywhere I can download an already-baked one ?

I'm considering buying access to the bake, but first I'm exploring alternatives.

Thx

Not as long as it is marked WIP (Work In Progress), at this point Paul is constantly changing things, and do not want

all those different "fixed" versions. Once Paul consider r8 as finished, there will be prebaked files available, so you

have two choices: Wait or Pay. (Really it is not that much money, so why not just pay for an addfree account)

Per

Guest Entreated
the click twice thing is just to call the last number,

for Voice dialer, just old the search button and say "call 12345" (just tried with the new app, it works fine)

Ha just realised why I never used it, it gets everything wrong.

For example say 'call 12345' came up with 'dial 201 453 6300' and 'call dad' came up with 'open robo defence or open calendar' I have no idea where they got that from, I'm just bewildered!

Edit: is this what Paul's new apk's are for?

Edited by Entreated

Guest dodolom

Hey guys,

I've baked and flashed the new rom with the HTC widgets but now when I want to put some of the htc widgets on my screen, they are not there. Should I re-bake it and re-flash it?

EDIT: So, I checked the zip file the system baked and the widget files are there but when I click on add widgets from the menu, nothing in there. Am I missing something?

Edited by dodolom

Guest vfrvulcan
Paul,

I very need that you will fix that issus pls!!!!:D:

I have one song with picture, and when i put it in the mp3 folder, all the songs in the music app with the same pictures!!! why?!

please i need a sulotion:)

Thank you very much!!!

T

<Soapbox>

Please, give it a rest. I and I'm sure many others are getting tired of your constant whining. Every page we see one of your postings asking for the same issue to be 'fixed'.

If you can't cope with it use a different or stock ROM, and likely come up against the same problem. Paul is doing a great job here and will fix (if there's a problem) as quickly as he can. He knows you have an issue with your pictures, you've mentioned it nearly a dozen times already!!!

</Soapbox>

Guest shadamehr
<Soapbox>

Please, give it a rest. I and I'm sure many others are getting tired of your constant whining. Every page we see one of your postings asking for the same issue to be 'fixed'.

If you can't cope with it use a different or stock ROM, and likely come up against the same problem. Paul is doing a great job here and will fix (if there's a problem) as quickly as he can. He knows you have an issue with your pictures, you've mentioned it nearly a dozen times already!!!

</Soapbox>

+1 to that.

Guest jeandujardin
Ha just realised why I never used it, it gets everything wrong.

For example say 'call 12345' came up with 'dial 201 453 6300' and 'call dad' came up with 'open robo defence or open calendar' I have no idea where they got that from, I'm just bewildered!

Edit: is this what Paul's new apk's are for?

the new apk support voice action, give it a try.

http://www.google.com/mobile/voice-actions/