MCR r8 development archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest venturerider
Flashed the apks and Voice Actions work perfectly! "Small" problem though, they only recognize english :D :D .

Yeah. And make sure you select the right English. On min, it was set to British English and couldn't understand a word I said, eh?

Ok guys, im very sory for the spam.

I new here and i dont know the rouls and i thought because im new you dont answear me. sorry.

Generally speaking this is one of the more "noob" friendly forums I have come across. But you are not helping others to help you, you do not as far as i can see mention exactly which music app you are using. The default "music" app works fine for me.If it is that app, have you tried going into settings, all appllcations,music, force stop,clear data and then retrying?

Guest TamirDa
Generally speaking this is one of the more "noob" friendly forums I have come across. But you are not helping others to help you, you do not as far as i can see mention exactly which music app you are using. The default "music" app works fine for me.If it is that app, have you tried going into settings, all appllcations,music, force stop,clear data and then retrying?

I speaking about the default music. i try do to what you say and still have the pics problem.

Guest jimmymagix

[bug] New version of Chrome to Phone

Installation repeatedly unsuccessful.

Btw, does anyone know how to get rid of the HTC people completely? I find Google Contacts is infinitely better.

[sOLVED] Uninstall previous version w/ Titanium Backup, reboot, Sim emulate to T-Mob US via Market Access, search and install.

Edited by jimmymagix

Guest jeandujardin
This require internet connection?

I don't know if it is a stupid question because nokia have it...

yes you need internet acces for voice recognition

I have the same problem as TamirDa, deleted album folder on sd, force closed the music app then clear data + reboot but the problem is still here, I might bake the next rom with the stock android player because HTC one really sucks

@jimmymagix installed it [v2] an hour ago without problem via MarketAccess

Edited by jeandujardin

Guest Entreated

Just noticed a widget that has been added called '80.0dip'.

No idea what this widget is but each time I try to add it, it just force closes with 'com.htc.RosieUtility'.

Anyone else experiencing this, or who knows what it is? Not sure if it's in the Rom or something I've added.

Edited by Entreated

Guest TamirDa
clear data at Media Store! Thats works fine!

Settings > Applications > Manage applications > Media Storage

then reboot the device...

This is not working to me:\

Guest Han-Droid
No, i tried the first link. it still not working

and the second link is broken

omfg....! you are a real pain in the neck, my friend! when I stumble across your postings (and one can hardly miss those) I keep asking myself

"Boy, is he in real life the same way?!"

Sorry if this is due to the language barrier... but your postings just sound so plain rude...it is unbelieveable. In other words - if your were my brother I'd slap you all day long.

Guest TamirDa
omfg....! you are a real pain in the neck, my friend! when I stumble across your postings (and one can hardly miss those) I keep asking myself

"Boy, is he in real life the same way?!"

Sorry if this is due to the language barrier... but your postings just sound so plain rude...it is unbelieveable. In other words - if your were my brother I'd slap you all day long.

No, sorry my dear friend. i'm very tired. i'm very sorry if someone offended. I really appreciate this community.

I want to thank you. You are a wonderful community.

Edited by TamirDa

Guest jeandujardin

Well, it just messed up with another wrong album image. anyway either a music note or another song album image = stock android music app here i come

Guest jimmymagix
@jimmymagix installed it [v2] an hour ago without problem via MarketAccess

Quick step by step? I've downloaded and installed MA, what sim do I emulate?

Tried US T-mob. Downloaded fine, installation still unsuccessful.

Edited by jimmymagix

I had a problem with Chrome2Phone not reacting while my phone was on wlan and in sleep mode.

Flashed this a few minutes ago and now it works perfect. :D

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=752856

Edit: Another problem i had, Twonky Server stopped working when the screen turned off. I hope this will solve that too. :D (edit: works!)

Edited by Nicke

Guest Rich Lawrence

Hi,

Just upgraded from R5 to R8. I now seem to be having difficulty with the compass and using Google Sky Map. It always seems to point south.

Anybody else?

Thanks

Guest jeandujardin
Quick step by step? I've downloaded and installed MA, what sim do I emulate?

Tried US T-mob. Downloaded fine, installation still unsuccessful.

yea i was about to say T-mo us, good

@Nicke i had this problem with previous version but v2 seemed to fix it, now link shows up at unlock

Guest DigitalC
Hey all,

Im having a few issues updating to R8 from R5 and i was hoping someone might have come across this in the past or maybe know how i can trouble shoot it.

I downloaded R8 grand but when i plug my USB into phone and computer, the phone charges but does not give me access to the memory card.

Normally ive been given an option to charge or Disc drive etc but i no longer get the option, or the little USB symbol in the top left either.

Ive gone into settings and set default to Disc drive but it makes no difference.

I never had any previous problems like this and ive flashed a fair few ROM from this site. This problem seems to have just come out of nowhere.

To try and get around it, i moved the downloaded R8 zip file to my drop box folder, downloaded on my device and moved it to root.

When i go to flash the ROM i get the following:-

Installing: SDCARD:/r8-bravo-desire-modacocustomrom-signed-MD5-9a4444c38ba52a2767d050dfafbbda03.zip

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

E:Can't open /sdcard/r8-bravo-desire-modacocustomrom-signed-MD5-9a4444c38ba52a2767d050dfafbbda03.zip

(bad)

Installation aborted.

/tmp/recovery.log was copied to /sdcard/clockworkmod/recovery.log was copied to /sdcard/clockworkmod/recovery.log. Please open ROM Manager to report the issue.

I have downloaded R8 a few times now and tryed flashing with and without wipe but same thing each time.

Any ideas?

Solved - i downloaded and flashed an unsigned version without any issue

USB now working correctly as well - all is great in the world of the desire again :D

Guest vfrvulcan
Hi,

Just upgraded from R5 to R8. I now seem to be having difficulty with the compass and using Google Sky Map. It always seems to point south.

Anybody else?

Thanks

Yes, I'm seeing similar as well, not pointing South but very 'chunky' movements. I'm looking for Perseus for the meteors but the stepping is so erratic and difficult to pinpoint.

GPS enabled.

Friend running r8 original release has no probs, all smooth.

Guest Arty Marty
Looking into putting Voice Actions + the new Search Widget in the ROM. Watch this space.

P

Make it optional, as I just installed Vlingo now its free, and it does do more than google voice actions...

also, what is the difference between having things 'baked in' or installing afterwards? it doesn't give you more memory free does it? I thought the only advantage is that you don't have to install later...

Guest Arty Marty

Quick question regarding Perflock and set cpu.

Just decided to buy setcpu and make use of the perflock feature in the rom -

what do you think are the best settings for set-cpu for making the most of battery life?

I set:

Screen off: max 245 Min 245

battery <40% Max 576 Min 245

battery <30% Max 460 Min 245

battery <20% Max 245 Min 245

temp >50c Max 576 Min 245

does that sound right?

Guest Jagdish

Hey Paul,

came across a problem while trying to re-connect to a WPA/PSK encrypted router, while i can establish the first connection, when tryin to get back on that same network(after using a different one) Wifi would try to obtain an ip address but would evantually fail and disconnect...

It seems to be a problem with HTCs build as it was reported on XDA by a person using Leedroids rom.

Dunno if you can actually fix it, but still worth mentioning...

Thx in advance.

Guest tigris666

Noobie question about wiping / backing up.

I'm running r7 custom bake. If i want to custom bake an r8 but choose some of the new kitchen options, say remove the HTC contacts app (cos let's face it, it sucks), will I have to do a full wipe? If i don't wipe, will the HTC contacts app from r7 still be there?

If i full wipe, can i use titanium backup or nandroid backup to backup all my contacts / marketplace apps / settings etc? (I've not used titanium backup before and have no idea what nandroid backup does)

Sorry for being a noob, feel free to kick me in the groin and link me to some noob thread that explains this stuff :-]

Edit: For some stupid reason I didn't bake in my free copy of titanium backup, so if that app is the answer, is there a way I can get it on my phone before wiping?

Edited by tigris666

Guest RevoWution
also, what is the difference between having things 'baked in' or installing afterwards? it doesn't give you more memory free does it? I thought the only advantage is that you don't have to install later...

I think it's just a convenience factor. If you can't be bothered installing a whole bunch of things, just bake it with the zip files I guess? :D