MCR r8 development archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Has any one looked at the DSP mod for graphic equaliser?

Peter

yes.... some apps (tunewiki) did not like it, caused tracks to suddenly stop playing and occasional nasty crackling sounds. Other apps Music, Moodagent seemed ok. It did "improve" the sound somewhat but

my headphone amplifier does a better job. I think I'll wait for servicepack 2 ;-)

@Paul do you plan to add any stuff from the Desire HD in to this Rom such as extra htc widgets and DLNA.

Peter

Maybe at some point in the future, i'm looking into it (as I assume you've seen from my Twitter!)

P

Guest EddyOS

Think I'm gonna have to roll back my HBOOT and try this again...liking the options available now!! (Have to stay stock FroYo is good, though)

Am I right to assume the latest Flash update is in this ROM now too?

Edited by EddyOS

Guest EddyOS

How would HTC update it otherwise? System update as it's in the ROM or update as stock FroYo would update? I went to the Adobe website and couldn't see the front end animation OR find it on the Market so hopefully HTC will sort it out...

How would HTC update it otherwise? System update as it's in the ROM or update as stock FroYo would update? I went to the Adobe website and couldn't see the front end animation OR find it on the Market so hopefully HTC will sort it out...

Theoretically when it 'shows up' in the market for the Desire it should prompt to update.

P

Guest pfsykes

@Paul

An update date on XML Kitchen setting that could be attached to our user profiles this woudl help. Every time you update something on the kitchen it re loads my exiting setting but it all gets out of sync.

eg.

I use app2sd+ and when you updated it by adding the fortune cookie it shifted everything below that boint selecting app2sd as an example.

Peter

Guest Noonski

I can now say with certainty the pluginmanager can NOT be removed with Sense/Rosie.

Without it Friendstream will Force Close and not open.

And the HTCMusicWidget can be removed Safely without Sense.

Edited by Noonski

Guest woti17
Yesterday when I added in an iptables into lib I got stuck on first bootscreen.

Can i just add this into zip or should this be done through ADB?

yes you can do it with zip bake-in

it goes to:

/system/bin

it's a binary not a library

i will try to send you my binary with PM attachment, it works for me since beginning of r8 (didn t flash todays changes yet)

Guest mmeikelinen
Updated tun.ko.

P

After update when I try to load tun.ko I will get following error

"insmod: can't insert '/system/lib/modules/tun.ko': invalid module format"

Any ideas?

Guest bbawden
Hi Paul

For some reason the HTC Sense Widgets aren't being installed properly. It think they're installed, if I go to "Get more HTC widgets" but they are not in the list of widgets to add.

Does anyone else have the same issue?

Anyone?

Guest Noonski

it goes to:

/system/bin

i will try to send you my binary with PM attachment, it works for me since beginning of r8 (didn t flash todays changes yet)

Could not find how to download it (or see any attachment)

Thanks, i had figured out it should have been in bin, but still the one Paul posted did not work.

If it's working for you, i think it''s even better to give Paul the iptable.

Guest pfsykes

it goes to:

/system/bin

After update when I try to load tun.ko I will get following error

"insmod: can't insert '/system/lib/modules/tun.ko': invalid module format"

Any ideas?

Hmmm, strange, will look into the tun.ko error.

P

Same issue here too.

Peter