Can't partition my sd card

Guest hazi1964

Guest hazi1964

Hi all, I am having major problems partitioning my sd card. I have tried to follow various guides but not one of them works.

I installed Paragon on my computer but that just kept giving me errors, despite my following a step by step guide (in fact, what the guide said didn't actually correspond with what was showing up on my screen.)

I tried following this guide: 1. Turn on your phone while holding the volume down button.

2. You will see HBOOT on the screen.

3. Use the volume buttons to move up and down and power button to select the RECOVERY option.

4. You will now see a red triangle on the screen, at this point plug your phone into your PC via your microUSB cable.

5. Double click on recovery-windows.bat inside the pushfiles_windows.zip folder you unzipped as part of the root process.

6. Using the optical trackpad select Partition sdcard > Partition SD

7. Select SWAP=0, EXT2=512 and allow the rest to be FAT32.

8. Select the SD:ext2 to ext3 option in this menu.

9. Go back to the Recovery Console main menu and select Reboot system now. While rebooting, unplug the Desire from the USB port.

10. And thats it! You now have a rooted Desire with apps2sd. Get in!

However, I can't find a file that says recovery-windows.bat or pushfiles_windows.zip folder. I used the r6 riskfree guide to rooting when I rooted my phone.

I really am at a loss. I did partition using rom manager but from what I have read, that is not the right way to do it.

I would really appreciate it if somebody could post some easy to follow instructions as I have no idea what to try next.

I HAVE booted into recovery, fake flashed and get the partition menu up but there is no option there to partition. What the hell am I doing wrong? It's driving me insane.

Any help would be so much appreciated.

Alison

Guest BlackWhite

A. Easiest way is to install Rom Manager:

1) install rom manager

2) choose partition sd card

- 512mb ext

- 0 swap

3) let RM do the rest... ;-)

Guest hazi1964
A. Easiest way is to install Rom Manager:

1) install rom manager

2) choose partition sd card

- 512mb ext

- 0 swap

3) let RM do the rest... ;-)

Ah, think I was doing it wrong then, I was doing 512 and 128, oops. lol.

Will give that a try later on.

Alison

Guest hazi1964
Ah, think I was doing it wrong then, I was doing 512 and 128, oops. lol.

Will give that a try later on.

Alison

Am still having no luck. The reason I need to partition my sd card is to install my apps on the card rather than the device.

Now, I can have apps to sd but, whenever I try to move anything to the card, I get "failed to move".

I must be doing something wrong, I've tried various roms so am sure it's to do with the partition on the sd card. I know I need to do a ext3 partition but this is where I am completely stuck.. Have partitioned via Rom Manager but that hasn't helped.

Please, if anybody can tell me where I am going wrong, I would very much appreciate it.

Alison