SOLUTION FOR ANDROID 2.1 AND LATINOAMERICAN 3G ISSUES

Guest makmondeja

Guest makmondeja

So, guys, I was sick and tired of having 2.1 working, but without 3G. As you know the Tre and T-Mobile HU updates don't support the 1900 Mhz frequency that works in most countries of Latin America.

I started to try some solutions and I finally got Android 2.1 and 3G working in Movistar Chile!!. So, here's how.

In May Huawei released a ROM for Movistar Ecuador, that it's 1.5. That's why we didn't pay attention to it. But a little more of analysis shows that it's an Android 1.5 ROM but it's firmware it's from May 5. That means that it's already prepared with the more memory needed with 2.1 and as it's for Ecuador it supports Latinoamerican 3G frequency.

I have been with my phone with this ROM applied and then an MCR 2.1 since yesterday morning, using it at full, with all my apps, several calls and messages. I haven't got any reboots. So I think this is now safe for others to apply. ANYWAY EVERY DEVICE AND NETWORK HAS IT'S OWN BEHAVIOURS SO DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND ALWAYS NANDROID BACKUP.

Step 1: Download Ecuador Movistar 1.5 ROM from Huawei. Here's the link Ecuador ROM Link

Step 2: Apply the Time Machine UPDATE.APP provided by Huawei. Time Machine Link

Step 3: Apply to your device the Ecuador ROM using Huawei usual procedure. Copy the UPDATE.APP file to a /dload folder in your SD. Then restart your device pressing Power + Red Button + Vol+ . Wait until the update finish. Then restart your device by removing and putting back the battery. It will take up to 10 minutes to complete. Then you will be in Ecuador 1.5 ROM.

Step 4: Restart your device and then enter the Bootloader using Power + Red Button + Vol- . Aplly AmonRA Recovery. AmonRa Link

Step 5: Enter to AmonRA Recovery using the using the usual procedure. Wipe everything, then flash this stripped 2.1 ROM using Flash zip from SDCard. (I ONLY HAVE TESTED THIS STRIPPED ROM AND IT'S WORKING VERY WELL. I THINK FLB MOD ALSO WILL WORK BUT I CAN'T ASSURE THAT). Trimmed 2.1.

And that's it. Android 2.1 and 3G Latinoamerican frequencies now working together.

DISFRUTEN.

Guest SonMauri

Hmmm i think the stripped 2.1 ROM does not use the new system partition, thats why you can use the 1.5 ROM and the 2.1 stripped... i may be wrong...

Guest makmondeja
Hmmm i think the stripped 2.1 ROM does not use the new system partition, thats why you can use the 1.5 ROM and the 2.1 stripped... i may be wrong...

It uses the new system partition as it's based in the RBM official ROM. I tried the trimmed version first with the Movistar Chile 1.5 firmware (it has Nov 30 2009 date) applied and I got reboots every 10 minutes. So I really think it's the firmware been newer (May 5) what it allows for this to work.

Guest SonMauri
It uses the new system partition as it's based in the RBM official ROM. I tried the trimmed version first with the Movistar Chile 1.5 firmware (it has Nov 30 2009 date) applied and I got reboots every 10 minutes. So I really think it's the firmware been newer (May 5) what it allows for this to work.

Will try with the 1.1 FLB mod in the afternoon...

Guest Andy Veliz

this works only with the trimmed version, but i't wont work with flb mod, i think the partition layout it's 1.5, but 3g DOES work =)

Guest SonMauri
this works only with the trimmed version, but i't wont work with flb mod, i think the partition layout it's 1.5, but 3g DOES work =)

I still think the same. Another guy already tried and failed... no real 2.1 and 3G no us yet...

Guest makmondeja

I can tell you. Mine it's no longer trimmed. I have installed everything that's missing, including themes, several apps, Barnacle Wifi Tether, and it continues to work like a charm. :(

Guest il_cholo

trimmed vanilla is not 2.1 pure is a rom based on RBM leaked rom I used v8 and v9 and is full of FC and reboots and of course you have 3G because the radio frequencies are not touched when you apply this rom they remain untouched from 1.5 drivers.

this is a workaround for who wants to take a look to what 2.1 is about but as I said is not fully 2.1 functional.

Edited by il_cholo

Guest Andy Veliz

well, i've been using the v9 trimmed version... with a lot of addons (my system partition it's at 99%) for like a day now, and i've had like 4 fcs, it's really usable...

still i'm missing flb mod =(

Guest makmondeja
well, i've been using the v9 trimmed version... with a lot of addons (my system partition it's at 99%) for like a day now, and i've had like 4 fcs, it's really usable...

still i'm missing flb mod =(

You can apply the espresso theme and you wouldn't be missing it at all. All the apps that FLB has can be installed in this trimmed version and are working really well, at least for me.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest olbapcrazy

Funciona en Movistar Ecuador con 3G.

Definitivamente muchas gracias por tu aporte,

Solamente despues de instalar superboot me complique un poco por que perdi el touchscreen pero ya despues cuando instale el 2.1 lo recupere. al momento todo funciona, para los que tienen temor a hacerlo definitivamente haganlo, es la primera vez que cambiaba el rom de un android (relativamente soy nuevo, antes era symbian) y pues todo funciono.

Se nota la diferencia, todo va mas rapido en la 2.1 y la camara (que en la 1.5 apesta) funciona de maravilla.

Tambien el teclado es mucho mejor

PD: Escribo en español por que es un topic para latinoamerica :)

Gracias

Guest olbapcrazy
Funciona en Movistar Ecuador con 3G.

Definitivamente muchas gracias por tu aporte,

Solamente despues de instalar superboot me complique un poco por que perdi el touchscreen pero ya despues cuando instale el 2.1 lo recupere. al momento todo funciona, para los que tienen temor a hacerlo definitivamente haganlo, es la primera vez que cambiaba el rom de un android (relativamente soy nuevo, antes era symbian) y pues todo funciono.

Se nota la diferencia, todo va mas rapido en la 2.1 y la camara (que en la 1.5 apesta) funciona de maravilla.

Tambien el teclado es mucho mejor

PD: Escribo en español por que es un topic para latinoamerica :D

Gracias

Probandolo mas detenidamente he encontrado que esa version modificada de android no tiene navegador, ni calculadora, ni notas y bueno asi un monton de aplicaciones basicas pero que se pueden instalar, sin embargo el navegador si me da problemas, he probado varios, y el unico que funciona es opera mini, los demas skyfire, dolphin y esos se cuelgan.

• 2 months later...
Guest Droid_Brasil
So, guys, I was sick and tired of having 2.1 working, but without 3G. As you know the Tre and T-Mobile HU updates don't support the 1900 Mhz frequency that works in most countries of Latin America.

I started to try some solutions and I finally got Android 2.1 and 3G working in Movistar Chile!!. So, here's how.

In May Huawei released a ROM for Movistar Ecuador, that it's 1.5. That's why we didn't pay attention to it. But a little more of analysis shows that it's an Android 1.5 ROM but it's firmware it's from May 5. That means that it's already prepared with the more memory needed with 2.1 and as it's for Ecuador it supports Latinoamerican 3G frequency.

I have been with my phone with this ROM applied and then an MCR 2.1 since yesterday morning, using it at full, with all my apps, several calls and messages. I haven't got any reboots. So I think this is now safe for others to apply. ANYWAY EVERY DEVICE AND NETWORK HAS IT'S OWN BEHAVIOURS SO DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND ALWAYS NANDROID BACKUP.

Step 1: Download Ecuador Movistar 1.5 ROM from Huawei. Here's the link Ecuador ROM Link

Step 2: Apply the Time Machine UPDATE.APP provided by Huawei. Time Machine Link

Step 3: Apply to your device the Ecuador ROM using Huawei usual procedure. Copy the UPDATE.APP file to a /dload folder in your SD. Then restart your device pressing Power + Red Button + Vol+ . Wait until the update finish. Then restart your device by removing and putting back the battery. It will take up to 10 minutes to complete. Then you will be in Ecuador 1.5 ROM.

Step 4: Restart your device and then enter the Bootloader using Power + Red Button + Vol- . Aplly AmonRA Recovery. AmonRa Link

Step 5: Enter to AmonRA Recovery using the using the usual procedure. Wipe everything, then flash this stripped 2.1 ROM using Flash zip from SDCard. (I ONLY HAVE TESTED THIS STRIPPED ROM AND IT'S WORKING VERY WELL. I THINK FLB MOD ALSO WILL WORK BUT I CAN'T ASSURE THAT). Trimmed 2.1.

And that's it. Android 2.1 and 3G Latinoamerican frequencies now working together.

DISFRUTEN.

Dears it seems that the link for the time machine is no longer avilable on the Huawei website. Is it possible to somone provide the files ?

Thks,

Droid_Brasil

• 5 months later...
Guest pedrojaime
Dears it seems that the link for the time machine is no longer avilable on the Huawei website. Is it possible to somone provide the files ?

Thks,

Droid_Brasil

Yes please, where can I get good download link for 'Time machine'?

=

De donde me bajo el 'Time Machine' - quiero poder usar mi cel nuevo (Huawei U8220-6) que al momento esta con Swedish TRE Rom (lindo, pero sin datos - como tener abuelita pero muerta..)

p

Guest Juan David

Hello..

I bought 8220 in uk but im using it in colombia it works like a charm within the city but outside city in the mountains it keeps loosing signal:(

if i install this rom 8220-6 on my mobile that is 8220 will it work? or it wont do anything at all ?

does it work with app2sd?

Buenas tardes,

Yo compre hace un año el celular 8220 en uk, pero lo utilizo en medellin solo para hablar y con wifi; mi pregunta si descargo este rom que me imagino que es el 8220-6 me mejorará la señal por fuera de la ciudad ( cabe aclarar que un celular normal tiene buena señal)

Saludos

• 10 months later...