This is how my ZAGG protection shield looks after only 2 months

Guest gforums

Guest gforums

Ok guys,

after receiving a free replacement today, I removed the old ZAGG protection shield from my htc Desire today.

See the attached image for how it looks now!

Completely colored, I am sure this is not only some dirt or oil coming from my fingers.

This more looks like damged from heat?!

Is that usual for a zagg??

I'll see how long the replacement will last but maybe, I'll switch to some other manufacturer.

Answer from ZAGG is pending. Will post it if I get some.

best,

gforums

post-208231-1279900548_thumb.jpg

Guest elmalote
Ok guys,

after receiving a free replacement today, I removed the old ZAGG protection shield from my htc Desire today.

See the attached image for how it looks now!

Completely colored, I am sure this is not only some dirt or oil coming from my fingers.

This more looks like damged from heat?!

Is that usual for a zagg??

I'll see how long the replacement will last but maybe, I'll switch to some other manufacturer.

Answer from ZAGG is pending. Will post it if I get some.

best,

gforums

I had also InvisbleShield on. But removed it. It wasn't invisible at all. And felt like rubber. Bought the cheap ones on eBay. Smooth, clear and INVISIBLE. InvisbleShiled claim it can't be scratched, well it can!

Guest amarzahn

this coloring isn't supposed to be there - looks completely strange to me.

i tried a couple shields (eg 3M, NoName) - no one really satisfying

the zagg one will just spoil after a couple weeks if you carry the mobile in your pocket

the dust from the cotton will sneak underneath and then it comes off over time

the display protection will stay, though - but it makes the display reflective and blurry and is easily scratched (more easily then the glass display, that is...)

i do like the apple iphone 4 marketing with the "indestructible glass display" - but thats all i like about the new iphone (and i bet it doesn't stick to its promise!)

Guest Diggedy

ive found the cheapy ones from ebay have always been the best. Ive never had any real problems with them. That certainly doesnt look right though, ive never even seen a cheap one discolour

Guest rovex

Has it been exposed to any sort of Halogen (ie Chlorine, Iodine etc in gas or liquid form). Plastics, especially soft ones soak them up like sponges and look like that afterwards.

The unscratchable glass on the iphone 4 is scratchable. The Dell Streak has similar glass (Gorilla glass), but it will still scratches.

Guest gforums

rovex,

no it hasn't :( I'm just using my phone in very usual manner.

I have no idea the this coloration comes from.

however. I'll see what the new one does.

• 1 month later...
Guest gforums

okay, new ZAGG is on the display and begins to color again.

This is what ZAGG means:

I am almost certain the cause of your discoloration on this and your previous invisibleSHIELD is the protective sock wrap that are using in conjunction with it. Because of the porous nature of the invisibleSHIELD, it can absorb any leeched dye from other materials. For this reason, we do not recommend that it be used with other accessories.

This is what I mean:

Waht's the difference then between wearing the phone in my jean's pocket or in the socket?

Guest redroom
okay, new ZAGG is on the display and begins to color again.

This is what ZAGG means:

This is what I mean:

Hey, I aslo have a ZAGG protective shield and I don't seem to have any problems with it.

It looks really good actually. Maybe it's your moms washing powder or something :huh:

Guest gforums
Maybe it's your moms washing powder or something smile.gif

Will ask my mom. ;) Ah wait...my mom doesn't do the wash for me since some years.

So I think - that's not the reason... :huh:

I had similar experience but mine was not as bad as yours. Only yellow discoloration, when against white background can clearly seen as 'jaundice'.

Guest Noonski

I also have two brownish whipes when on white background.

But I do use the extra condom on the device.

Maybe I'll dump the Zagg as I already have extra protection.

Guest Paulo Nobrega

I use Invisible shield in all my devices and i dont have a single complaint about it... On my Desire is just perfect..

i havent removed since i first put it, but im not seeing any of those reported problem...

I used some of those cheapest on my hero, before i got this from Zagg, and... if u guys say Invisible Shield scratchs and those from ebay are better.... I dont know what u guys do with your phones.. ehhee

Im always using the scratch test to show my friends that is really worth the money :huh: