Once again a Telstra Desire question! Please be nice.

Guest mvmpy

Guest mvmpy

Hi,

I own a Telstra Branded Desire. I allready bought it unlocked. I want to root and I know how (I guess :( ). But my questions are:

1- Is there any chance that my phone gets locked because of flashing a Desire STOCK Rom?

2- I get a message that there is an Update to fix the GPS (a known Issue for the Telstra devices). If I choose to install the update, I supose it wont lock my phone?

2- Can I root as many times I need to, in case I loose the root (lets say because I flashed a non rooted ROM)?

Sorry for these noob questions. I did read a LOT these last month, and I guess I allready know how to root and flash, but for these questions I couldn´t find any answer (or maybe I allready got to much information and mixed all up :( )

Thanks

Guest Pashak
Hi,

I own a Telstra Branded Desire. I allready bought it unlocked. I want to root and I know how (I guess :( ). But my questions are:

1- Is there any chance that my phone gets locked because of flashing a Desire STOCK Rom?

2- I get a message that there is an Update to fix the GPS (a known Issue for the Telstra devices). If I choose to install the update, I supose it wont lock my phone?

2- Can I root as many times I need to, in case I loose the root (lets say because I flashed a non rooted ROM)?

Sorry for these noob questions. I did read a LOT these last month, and I guess I allready know how to root and flash, but for these questions I couldn´t find any answer (or maybe I allready got to much information and mixed all up :( )

Thanks

I also own a telstra desire, im no expert on rooting but things to note:

i installed the gps fix, still was able to root with unrevoked.

I cant comment on the phone getting locked, but i highly doubt it.

thats about all the info i got for you.

but if it makes you feel any better, compared to the performance with all the telstra bloatware, its so worth rooting it.

Guest wheelbot
Hi,

I own a Telstra Branded Desire. I allready bought it unlocked. I want to root and I know how (I guess :huh: ). But my questions are:

Sorry for these noob questions. I did read a LOT these last month, and I guess I allready know how to root and flash, but for these questions I couldn´t find any answer (or maybe I allready got to much information and mixed all up :blink: )

Thanks

Mate, I've done it successfully. No chance of being locked at all. You also don't have to worry bout the update to the GPS fix cause it ONLY APPLIED TO TELSTRAs rehacked software crap, stock desire is fine.

You can root as many times as needed. Same as if you would reinstall an OS.

AND do not listen to the people that say that Telstra 'checks' what Desire you're using over the network - it's complete crap.

Cheers and good luck.