How to get your Streak back to factory condition

Guest vinokirk

Guest djanowski
I tried to install 1.6. but failed.

Trying to get into the Fast Boot Mode.My screen shows only "Fast boot", i cannot change anything on the screen. The screen also shows "touch calibration" and a red line with "Default NV checked #3" plus a num pad.

any idea, what I am doing wrong?

Dude go to PDANet.com An save time by downloading the correct bit version 32 or 64. It takes a few seconds for it to connect but it always has for me. Good luck.

Guest Philverb
Dude go to PDANet.com An save time by downloading the correct bit version 32 or 64. It takes a few seconds for it to connect but it always has for me. Good luck.

@djanowski, I really can't imagine how the external computer's utility version could ever pertain to what goes on when one gets the device *on its own* into fastboot by starting it up using POWER/UP-DOWN or POWER/CAMERA. I think that these are necessarily unrelated.

Do you know some magic that I'm ignoring? I'm actually curious.

Also, I am glad to see feedback from you and the others, even if it gets me to-scratching my noggin.

Guest griff_dai
just restored my streak back to the 1.6 after spending the whole day in panic, following this method...so thanks

:huh:

I tried this method, get to the screen where you press the camera button, then I get a screen with writing all in blue. Says I need to download the recovery rom, which I have on my SD Card now, although It can't see it. Do I need to move it into a specific file on my SD Card???

Cheers in advance of some advice.

Guest griff_dai
Or alternatively:

Place update.pkg on sd card root folder

Power up streak whilst holding both volume buttons

Select option 2 - "software upgrade via Update.pkg on SD card" by pressing camera button

Press camera button again

Job done, no cable or typing required.

Edit: typo

Trying this. Have moved the official rom just onto the SD Card. Follow the steps, first camera button press take me to a screen with loads of Blue writing basically saying I need a recovery rom. It reboots back to 2.1.....

Any ideas?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest disgracedsaint

E: No Signature (972 files)

E: Verification Failed

So has anybody figured out anything in regards to this error?

I'm starting to get frustrated trying to get my streak back to some kind of working order.

I've followed the steps here and from some other posts but have yet to get it back to working order.

Are there any other builds I can try? Any info would help Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...
Guest soulmuzic

Hey everyone I a newbie to the streak family and I have seem to sutumble on to an situation.. I was trying to use the superboot file to root my android and no it just consitnly reboots with the flashing lights.. I have tried to resotre to factory settings via these instructions and now I just get a dell symbol and nothing.. If you could help or point me in the right directions please..

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest miker71

after finding Fastboot drivers that work for me at

http://support.euro.dell.com/support/downl...heckFormat=true

i'm now getting stuck at just a black screen after flashing stock recovery and applying 'Update.pkg' (Streak_318_12821_00) from the recovery menu (the pkg is indeed in the root of the sdcard). pull the battery and it boots back into the existing ROM so not bricked.

i'm trying to restore to factory Froyo from a somewhat elderly 1.0 DJ_Steve release.

now d/l the 4399 build from the head of the thread (over 30 minutes remaining on the d/l), i'll let you know how that works out for me.

it's not all doom and gloom - if i can't get back to stock 2.2.2 (or whatever it is currently) i'll go for re-flash of koush recovery and step up to streakdroid 1.9 via 1.5.1 (since i believe a baseband update is required on the upgrade path).

EDIT: nope, still didn't work, stuck at a black screen :) so i guess i'll be taking the streakdroid upgrade path :)

Edited by miker71

Guest miker71

ok, my advice to anyone coming to the party this late as i have done - follow the 'repairtool' guide over at streakdroid.com (Windows PC required) - no matter what state you have got your Streak into the repair guide will see you back to stock 2.2 - which aint too bad, pity the streak wasn't released with Froyo in the first place.