Rooted Nexus One rom for HTC Desire can this be done?

Guest Asselberghs

Guest Asselberghs

Hi guys:)

Is it possible to get Nexus One´s default Rom onto the HTC Desire and have it rooted? Or just load a costum rooted rom onto HTC Desire based on a stock Nexus One rom?

Why I ask is, that I have two "problems" with my HTC Desire.

1. I want access to paid apps on the market, with market enabler. ( I live in Denmark and heres no access to paid apps, why there isen´t I don´t get:S)

2. I want the speed of FroYo and to be honest I don´t want to wait around for HTC to figure out how to port HTC Sense to the newer android versions (for instance as it is now it seems Froyo will come to Desire from HTC by the time Nexus owners upgrade to 3.0 gingerbread) and I don´t care about Sense at all, I´ve deactivated it to make my phone look default android, like the nexus one does.

Shoulden´t this be doable? as far as I know the hardware in Nexus One and HTC Desire is identical, so running either "software" (Stock android or Desire rom) on top of the same hardware shoulden´t be a problem or what?

Kind Regards

Asselberghs

Guest bigdan35

You're talking about Android Stock. And the ROMs which are being released at the moment are based on Froyo which was basically meant for the Nexus One.

1. Market Enabler should be fine with a ROM which you're wanting.

2. If you're looking for a ROM which looks exactly like the one on the Nexus One, have a look at the forum here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=628 and they have ROMs updating all the time, and I'm sure you'll find one which you like the best. And just keep an eye out on this forum (in this section of the forum in fact) for updates of ROMs :(

Hope this helped.

Dan

Guest Asselberghs
You're talking about Android Stock. And the ROMs which are being released at the moment are based on Froyo which was basically meant for the Nexus One.

1. Market Enabler should be fine with a ROM which you're wanting.

2. If you're looking for a ROM which looks exactly like the one on the Nexus One, have a look at the forum here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=628 and they have ROMs updating all the time, and I'm sure you'll find one which you like the best. And just keep an eye out on this forum (in this section of the forum in fact) for updates of ROMs :(

Hope this helped.

Dan

Won´t I recive updates from Google when a new version is up? or do I have to manually update FroYo to Gingerbread when it´s out even if I load a stock android rom on my Desire?

Guest bigdan35
Won´t I recive updates from Google when a new version is up? or do I have to manually update FroYo to Gingerbread when it´s out even if I load a stock android rom on my Desire?

There is a high chance that the Desire won't get Gingerbread officially, as there are new HTC Phones coming out at the beginning of next year (from what I can remember). So, we will have to wait for Gingerbread to be ported to the Desire, or stick with Froyo.

So there's only flashing to be done for Gingerbread, if it gets ported to the Desire.