25/Jul r3 mikem2te Custom Rom

Guest m2te

Hi all,

Another custom rom release, it's about time we started getting the Pulse Mini modding scene going!!

This custom rom is based on a standard T-Mobile rom with a customised framework-res.apk and some apk files replaced with standard versions or apk's extracted from other custom roms. The aim of this rom is to create a clean stable 'non pink' & rooted rom, not to be ground breaking with features and have lots of installed applications.

Standard precautions and methods apply-

* It works for me! Use at your own risk.

* Use a custom recovery method to install. Custom recovery

* For best results install over a clean freshly installed stock rom. Stock rom downloads

Credits : gforums, Paul, flibblesan, CM

Download : MikesRomR3Signed

Download : MikesRomR2Signed.zip

r3

------

* Updated Facebook, RoadSync & Google Maps to latest versions

* Added EStrongs file Explorer 1.4.1

* Added Launcher Pro 0.7.0.4

* Customised boot.img making the rom compatible with Apps2SD

r2

------

* Replaced the Alarmclock, Calculator, Calendar, Gallery, Music, and TouchPal applications to remove more pink from the rom (credit to gforums & flibblesan)

* Change boot animation (credit to gforums)

* Standard Launcher included, recommend your own choice of Launcher such as LauncherPro.

r1

------

* Based on the latest T-Mobile UK rom U8110V100R001C85B215SP02TMOUK from the Huawei web site

* Custom edited framework-res.apk to remove the majority of the pink (credit to me!!)

* Rooted - Busybox, Superuser.apk and su installed (credit to Paul's MCR for the binaries and setup script)

* Edited build.prop to remove the "Continuing Internet access will lead to traffic. Continue?" message

Edited by m2te

Guest gforums

thanks mike!

I'll try your rom soon. If it don't has those wlan/3g issues, it would be the better choice than mine. And a good base to work on for further roms :-)

thanks mike!

I'll try your rom soon. If it don't has those wlan/3g issues, it would be the better choice than mine. And a good base to work on for further roms :-)

I have had no issues with wlan/3g so far.

I have experienced the USB mounting issue with it on one of my flashes though. I'm still a bit confused what exactly causes it as flashing a known working rom over the top doesn't seem to fix it for me, I need to reflash a stock UPDATA.APP to restore USB.

Be aware at the moment the boot.img is unmodified so I suspect it will not support the apps2sd init script. I'm planning to extract the contents of the boot.img in the next few days and add in the relevant bits to make it apps2sd compatible. Should be interesting as I've read in your thread flibblesan has had trouble extracting the Pulse Mini boot image.

Guest gforums

I could also not extract the boot image...!

by the way..I'm trying to do modification on your rom based now.

Let's call it MG-customrom :-)

If it works better concerning 3g/umts, I'll upload it within the next days.

Guest Danh2122

really like this rom, I installed LauncherPro after because it has the crappy T-mobile homescreen dock, but other than that really good

Glad that the wi-fi and 3g has ZERO issues.

Great, i'd honestly recommend including LauncherPro in the next version.

:( Really good tho

Guest Gjole86

great work guys, just a sugestion. dont compete with G and try to release more and more roms. i more like the idea of MG rom (still 2 heads > 1 head, right? :( ) since i still learn this mod stuff there might be MGG rom in futute i hope :(

now what to flash first, ur r3 or MG r2? :P

great work guys, just a sugestion. dont compete with G and try to release more and more roms. i more like the idea of MG rom (still 2 heads > 1 head, right? :P ) since i still learn this mod stuff there might be MGG rom in futute i hope :(

now what to flash first, ur r3 or MG r2? :P

Thanks for the kind words.

Understand what you are saying but I don't think we are in competition, we are both working on different elements in order to make a better rom for the Pulse Mini, I'm currently working on the kernel side of things, my goal being to build a clean working rom without all the pink, maybe add a few optimisations along the way. As I see it gforums is working more on the UI side of things with additional changes and apps for useability and eye candy. Combining the two efforts and we should get both a clean rom and an awesome feature packed rom B)

I'll probably continue releasing my clean rom for anyone who wants it but I suspect once it has become stable I'll problaby slow down on the releases.

We are both in the learning phase so please join in, an MGG rom would be cool :( Better still maybe we'll end up with a gforums, Gjole86, flibblesan, & mike rom.

Edited by m2te

Guest gforums

Hi mike!

Just some hints for you:

I modified the boot.img as fibblesan told us and a2sd is now working for me.

I furthermore included everything from the original data.img into the rom to have now finally usb sd mounting working.

I just need to know why my gallery is FC everytime, then I'll release a new rom.

If interested, I can send you my actual state.

But the modfications for a2sd are easy to follow :(

Guest Gjole86
Hi mike!

Just some hints for you:

I furthermore included everything from the original data.img into the rom to have now finally usb sd mounting working.

I just need to know why my gallery is FC everytime, then I'll release a new rom.

since u work on rX version, a bit of feedback if u want :(

imo the volume hack is too agresive, and sound got too much distorted. also afaik in FLB mod it just affects bluetooth and headphones profiles, in ur rom it affects the loudspeaker too. (maybe it was suposed to be like this)

u can remove some useless crap like roadsync, servo search and idk. and strange is that gallery FCs like that,i also got some Maps FCs sometimes

Guest gforums

Feedback is always welcome :(

Gallery FC is most annoying at the moment....I just don't get what is causing this.

Roadsync may be removed as well as servo search...I'll have a look at those apps myself :(

Concerning the volume hack...: It's the same that the FLB mod uses. However it was also my intention to affect the loudspeaker too.

There's another version (v1) which is not as loud as v2, but v2 currenlty is the "most popular", therefore I used it.

And I'm happy with it. ;-) Let's see what v1 brings. Maybe I can also offer a signed zip do switch to v1 for users that like it more.

best, gforums

Hi mike!

Just some hints for you:

Thanks for that, I'll roll some of your changes back in to my rom in a few days, namely the info we had from flibblesan and your fix for the Gallery FC as I suffer from the FCs as well. Stuck for time at the moment though.

I'll won't add the a2sd scripts but I'll make the mods to the init.rc to make it compatible.