Contacts sorting by Family name…

Guest dezmo

Guest dezmo

Couple of weeks I bought Android phone, and realized that it can’t do a simple task what every normal gadget can. Yes, this problem is sorting your contacts by family name.

(If you see attached picture my Hungarian friends have an imagination how idiotically looks like: Jozsfene Szilagyi )

OK. I know, there is several solution e.g. :

- export it and change family<>first name with excel and import t back (wrong, because I want keep family name as family name and first name as first name…)

- Use Better Contacts: http://www.androidzoom.com/android_applica...tacts_gnkf.html (I’ve bought it, but does not really like it)

- Use Froyo based roms with native contacts app. (One of the good solution, but it is not working on Sense roms yet. See my #18 post here: http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...th-sense-frf91/ , hence I don’t very much like this contact app.)

- Change Display name as marked on attached picture. ( This one is mostly preferred, but don’t want to do it with my 500+ contact one by one)

- ….

So, dear friends, do you have any idea to solve “my” problem. There is a list in a preferred order that I would like to get:

- Native and globally support on Android to change sorting method of contact name

- A “script” or small program, or hacked HTC contacts app, to do a batch change Display name to “Familyname, Firstname” format in HTC contacts app.

post-426740-1279992061_thumb.jpg

Guest Smilgs

I vote for a script that would do this as well, if somebody has done it - plz share

Come on, friends, give me please at least some promising... :(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dezmo

Not so much answers that I got, but I’ve still a problem.

After trying e.g adamG’s OpenDesire Froyo rom, I realized that stock contact app can do what I want…

I should be happy now, but still not, because on that rom there is no FM radio. So I need come back to Sense with integrated stock contacts app. But, still no. I’ve tried, let say, “every” Sense roms (Modaco and XDA) with integrated stock contacts app, but there are same mistakes: Sort my contacts by Family name and search function is not working. Even I’ve reported it I did not get any feedback.

Is that really hard to do it? If the stock contacts app is popular and they are integrate it, why they are not testing? Or this problem is only for me?

Guest spiritde
Get a sense rom witch has also default android dialer and contacts. problem solved. Or add those to any sense rom

I think he already tried that.

Guest dezmo
....- Change Display name as marked on attached picture. ( This one is mostly preferred, but don’t want to do it with my 500+ contact one by one)

After I bored about finding and waiting other good soultion...I just would like to let everybody know, cleaned up my contacts and I did changed display name all my contact (372) within 3 hours... :)