annoying lockscreen issue with wm6.5

Guest dreamtheater39

Guest dreamtheater39

I just flashed wm6.5 and tried to install sumit's cab to restore 6.1's lockscreen. Its extremely unpredictable....for a while it seemed to work. and now, the old today screen devicelock plugin fires up when my screen locks....

anyone can suggest a fix? thanks!

Guest ErnstJanF
I just flashed wm6.5 and tried to install sumit's cab to restore 6.1's lockscreen. Its extremely unpredictable....for a while it seemed to work. and now, the old today screen devicelock plugin fires up when my screen locks....

anyone can suggest a fix? thanks!

Have you tried re-installing the CAB? If so and your problem still exists, you can try to change the lockscreen-settings so it won't lock your device and then re-enable it.

Guest dreamtheater39
Have you tried re-installing the CAB? If so and your problem still exists, you can try to change the lockscreen-settings so it won't lock your device and then re-enable it.

yes, i reinstalled the cab....did a soft reset all of it....it boots and the lockscreen works for a moment....and before i know it....boom! back to the same old shitty device lock plugin.

Have you installed new SDK certificates, ones that were released this year? These certificates provide necessary rights to sumit's cab to install and alter few registries.

Guest dreamtheater39
Have you installed new SDK certificates, ones that were released this year? These certificates provide necessary rights to sumit's cab to install and alter few registries.

well guys, i managed to figure out why the lockscreen kept messing up....(it used to work sometimes, sometimes the device lock used to fire up etc.)

When the device lock starts firing up, simply run \windows\lockscreen.exe file once....and from then on samsungs lockscreen will show up.

heres what i did - i made a shortcut to \windows\lockscreen.exe and assigned it to press & hold smiley button. So, its easier to press and hold to lock my screen and be sure that it always works right. need to find a way to override the "lock" button of the device to automatically fire up lockscreen.exe - that way we're sure its not messing up.

That's is quickfix, but for me this program works absolutely fine. Once you install these rights using certificates, the program gets access to auto-startup and that is what is required to run it correctly.