FLB-Mod 1.1 & 1.2 problems

Guest Simon O

Guest _melchett

2. "Remember choice" on Superuser permissions not working

Every time I reboot my phone, I need to explicitly give root permissions all over again (to Titanium Backup, Set CPU, Pulse Lights, etc). Although apps are allowed inside Superuser, if I kill one of them and start it again, it will ask for permissions again (not caring if I told it to remember my choice).

Yep i had this problem for both 1.2 tre and hungarian kernals. It became impossible to use the phone as it would ask every 2 seconds. 1.1 for me still!

(UK Pulse, Tre 2.1, full wipe (even went for the time machine method to ensure it was all hunky dory), titanium, adsd yes, not on dalvik)

Guest SonMauri

1) Phone type:

Huawei U8220-6

2) Which Official 2.1 ROM did you flash (T-Mobile, Tre, other)

Sunrise

2a) If flashed T-Mobile did you flash custom_hu

No

3) Did you do a full wipe before installing? (yes/no)

Yes

4) Did you use any restore apps like Titanium Backup? (yes/no)

No

5) Are you using A2SD? (yes/no)

Yes

6) Problem with the rom in detail:

Both related to contacts

-Contact list "side bar" (you know that one who list the letters) do not work properly, it shows random letters. Cant be used.

-When composing an email with gmail and writing the receiver name it doesn't show the possible emails, so you have to know the mail address. Very annoying.

Guest TobiS

1) Phone type:

TMO

Jap

Yes (Factory, Dalvik, ext)

Nope

Yes

5a) If yes, do you have dalvik on SD?

I would like to. :)

I flashed the 1.2. When I open the Terminal emulator to move the cache to dalvik an type "a2sd cachesd" the phone reboots and the internal cache still decreases by installing apps. Did use "su" at Terminal Emulator aswell.

Guest Simon O

I flashed the 1.2. When I open the Terminal emulator to move the cache to dalvik an type "a2sd cachesd" the phone reboots and the internal cache still decreases by installing apps. Did use "su" at Terminal Emulator aswell.

Ok when the phone reboots, can you run

a2sd check

and make sure that dalvik has been moved to the SD or not please? Also report your free space.

Guest Simon O
Both related to contacts

-Contact list "side bar" (you know that one who list the letters) do not work properly, it shows random letters. Cant be used.

-When composing an email with gmail and writing the receiver name it doesn't show the possible emails, so you have to know the mail address. Very annoying.

Your issues are caused by the contacts application. If you re-download FLB-Mod 1.2 the issue has been fixed. I also uploaded a HuaweiContacts.zip which allows you to flash the fixed contacts app to your phone.

Guest Simon O

Every time I reboot my phone, I need to explicitly give root permissions all over again (to Titanium Backup, Set CPU, Pulse Lights, etc). Although apps are allowed inside Superuser, if I kill one of them and start it again, it will ask for permissions again (not caring if I told it to remember my choice).

Yep i had this problem for both 1.2 tre and hungarian kernals. It became impossible to use the phone as it would ask every 2 seconds. 1.1 for me still!

(UK Pulse, Tre 2.1, full wipe (even went for the time machine method to ensure it was all hunky dory), titanium, adsd yes, not on dalvik)

I need to look into this.

Guest Simon O
Sorry if my last post was so short, it was very late and I was on my phone... Ok, now using the official format :-)

I'm on FLB 1.2.

1) Phone type:

Huawei U8230

Tried with Tmo, Tre, and TMN.

No

Yes

Yes, Titanium Backup

No

I have 2 main issues, described below.

1. ADW reloads

ADW reloads very often when going back to the home screen. This is odd since I've never seen the available memory below 50/60MB (my phone has a bit more RAM than most of U8230, luckily). I've already played with ADW's caching and persistence options but no go, it still reloads itself frequently. Maybe this is related with the memory "collection" aggressiveness?

Any ideas to solve these issues?

Thanks!

PS. Loving FLB 2.1 :-D

ADW does reload itself as it's not very good as staying in memory. You could try enabling the System Persistant option inside the ADW settings.

Guest SonMauri
Your issues are caused by the contacts application. If you re-download FLB-Mod 1.2 the issue has been fixed. I also uploaded a HuaweiContacts.zip which allows you to flash the fixed contacts app to your phone.

Oh, thanks!

Quick question, do i need to reflash the zip i know, but after that can I just restore the nand backup? (trying to avoid the whole "application installation process")

Hey Flibble, I have too many reboots, but they are usually after startup. If I wait a couple minutes, the phone is more stable. I have A2SD enabled, and it works well with dalvik on the sd too. It's very annoying :S When I had the 'first' 1.2 installed and HuaweiContacts flashed, I had the reboot loops, then after a full wipe I had frequent reboots :S

Daamn... It's soooooo annoying when I want to to something in an app and the phone goes black and vibrates(just happened while watching google map in GeoBeagle) :) :D :D :P

Edited by tido

Guest TobiS
Ok when the phone reboots, can you run
a2sd check

and make sure that dalvik has been moved to the SD or not please? Also report your free space.

Free Phone Space is 48,16 MB.

I can't really figure out, where to check if dalvik is moved. Did "a2sd check" but can't see any relevant information (did "su" before, too).

Guest MuhaJR

1) Phone type:

Huawei U8220

T-Mobile HU

No

Yes

No

No

Phone GSM signal drops (rendering me unavailable) everytime phone gets out of stand-by or when answering to a phonecall...

Rather annoying....

Going back to 2.1 HU to see is problem related to flash or phone itself...

[EDIT] 2.1 got me no problems. Seems like something autokills my phone app....

Edited by MuhaJR

Guest al.daun

1) Phone type:

Huawei U8220 (T-Mobile Pulse, Germany)

T-Mobile HU (directly from 1.5 Dec. Update - never had any other custom ROM installed before, FLB beta3 and beta5 after)

No

Yes

No

No

Updated from FLB beta 5; TRE-Kernel booted up but touchscreen was not working. Tried T-Mobile-Kernel and evrything works like a charme.

Guest locolc

1) Phone type:

U8220-6

Tre

No

Yes

No

yes

No

I don´t know why but the fancy widget it´s not refreshing the weather in my city (San carlos de bariloche) it can´t find bariloche by searching manually and if i use gps the locations apears but no weather info is shown. (in the FLB-MOD 1.0 this worked jut fine)

Guest Daz555

1) Phone type:

UK T-Mobile Pulse

Stock > Dec v1.5 Update > MCR v1.8 > Hungarian 2.1 > FLB v1.1 Tmob.

Yes.

Installed for future backup purposes but not used for restores.

Yes and Yes.

Status: Wifi on, Shapewriter enabled, Data Counter widget running, browsing the web with default browser.

Problem: ChompSMS prompts for force close/wait. On exiting browser a Titanium force close notification is displayed in the Notification bar. I then check and my test text message has not arrived.

The Titanium behaviour is weird because it is not supposed to be running at the time - I have nothing scheduled and nor did I open it.

I have recreated this failure a number of times now. I'm going to do some digging when I get chance and will post a follow up if I have one.

Guest ringer

With the original 1.2 I had the dialler problem. Flashed the HuaweiContacts.zip and was continually getting android process stopped faults. Ended up factory reset, downloading v1.2 again (the fixed version) and flashing that. Bit of a pain resetting up the phone how I like it, but so far so good.

PS tried out barnacle for first time last night after virgin broadband went down after power cut. Awesome. Not sure what T-mob will make of my downloading 192Mb in one session. And my Pulse got rather hot! Will reserve barnacle for emergencies only in future. Well, I might just have to show it off a bit to friends first :)

Guest biron_w

For some reason the news & weather widget just won't show the weather. It just says weather info is not available. With fancy widget it comes up straight away and I downloaded another weather app and it worked on that.

Guest Elmo108

1) Phone type:

Huawei U8220

T-Mobile HU

No

Yes

No

Yes

First one: I cant recieve phonecalls. Its working on my old Nokia phone, with the same SIM-card.

Second one: The Lockscreen and the settings for Flightmode and Silence are missing in the Power-Button-Menu.

Guest starfire

1) Phone type:

T-Mobile UK Pulse

T-Mobile

no

yes

no

no

Bluetooth AVRCP does not seem to work, I cannot control my phone from my car stereo when streaming via A2DP. This worked fine with FLB 1.1, I wiped and went to FLB 1.2 but AVRCP no longer works - A2DP streaming still works OK, just can't control the tracks anymore.

Guest Franky1927

1) Phone type:

German Pulse

T-Mobile

yes?

yes

no

yes

think so

Problem:

Freezes! Especially using the Facebook App.

Already had to take out my battery three times today.

Guest Simon O

First one: I cant recieve phonecalls. Its working on my old Nokia phone, with the same SIM-card.

Second one: The Lockscreen and the settings for Flightmode and Silence are missing in the Power-Button-Menu.

Full wipe of the phone and install the ROM again. Please install the opposite to what you tried originally. If you tried 1.2tre then try 1.2tmo