FLB-Mod 1.1 & 1.2 problems

Guest Simon O

Guest Simon O
6) Problem with the rom in detail:

Bluetooth AVRCP does not seem to work, I cannot control my phone from my car stereo when streaming via A2DP. This worked fine with FLB 1.1, I wiped and went to FLB 1.2 but AVRCP no longer works - A2DP streaming still works OK, just can't control the tracks anymore.

That possibly could be caused by the headset button fix which has been added to the stock music player. Could you install another player to see if this fixes things please? Try music mod from http://development.piratemedia.tv/2010-06-...v1-6-mdpi-hdpi/. You can push it to your phone and replace the current music player. Use the flashable zip.

Guest chckens
First one: I cant recieve phonecalls. Its working on my old Nokia phone, with the same SIM-card.

Second one: The Lockscreen and the settings for Flightmode and Silence are missing in the Power-Button-Menu.

I had both of these when I upgraded to 1.2, I think they happened because I forgot to clear the ext partition on my SD card. Went back and wiped everything including the ext partition, reinstalled, fixed :)

Guest starfire
That possibly could be caused by the headset button fix which has been added to the stock music player. Could you install another player to see if this fixes things please? Try music mod from http://development.piratemedia.tv/2010-06-...v1-6-mdpi-hdpi/. You can push it to your phone and replace the current music player. Use the flashable zip.

Thanks, will give it a bash and let you know.

Guest RoXxToR

1) Phone type:

T-Mobile Pulse (German)

2) Which Official 2.1 ROM did you flash (T-Mobile, Tre, other)

t-mobile

2a) If flashed T-Mobile did you flash custom_hu

no

3) Did you do a full wipe before installing? (yes/no)

yes

4) Did you use any restore apps like Titanium Backup? (yes/no)

no

5) Are you using A2SD? (yes/no)

yes

5a) If yes, do you have dalvik on SD?

no

6) Using T-Mobile or Tre version of FLB-Mod 1.2?

tre

7) Problem with the rom in detail:

Flashed the Custom Rom and everything worked fine! I plugged in my E-Plus Sim Card and only got phone errors. I wasnt able to call somebody or receive calls. And every app i tried to open didnt work properly. Then i plugged in my T-Mobile Sim Card and the phone worked fine!

Any solution for this, couse i would like to use my e-plus sim card in it!

btw.: havin' installed the original 2.1 now and the e-plus sim card works fine!

thanks for the help and you're doin a great work!

Guest SaladOA

Installed FLB 1.2 last night and now the device is missing USB drivers.

This is what my phone shows up as in the device manager when in USB debug mode:

Computer%20Management.png

It doesn't show up in either the PC Suite (the one bundled with the HU 2.1), nor in DDMS. I've tried pointing the windows driver installing program at the USB_Driver folder in the SDK but it 'can't find anything'. A fresh install of the PC Suite has no affects either.

Any suggestions?

Guest Simon O
Installed FLB 1.2 last night and now the device is missing USB drivers.

This is what my phone shows up as in the device manager when in USB debug mode:

Computer%20Management.png

It doesn't show up in either the PC Suite (the one bundled with the HU 2.1), nor in DDMS. I've tried pointing the windows driver installing program at the USB_Driver folder in the SDK but it 'can't find anything'. A fresh install of the PC Suite has no affects either.

Any suggestions?

It won't show up as the drivers are not installed. Try these drivers

extract and point Windows to these drivers.

edit: fixed link

Edited by flibblesan

Guest Nirva

I use the 1.2 FLB-ROM ( Tre ) and I really love it.

The default Android Keyboard is smaller than it used to be although. Any solution possible ?

Guest johninho

Hi,

Not sure if this is to do with rom or just the way the phone works.

Using a default ringtone, the phone rings at full volume straightaway.

Using one of my own ringtones, the phone fades in from quiet to full volume.

Using FLB 1.1 at the moment (until the weekend).

Thanks in advance

Guest adam p

Installed v1.2 TMO last weekend (pre Contacts fix version) - generally works well (no acore Force Closes, although I didn't get these with v1.1 once I installed ADW instead of LauncherPro)

But my Pulse has locked-up on me twice while browsing the Internet (needed to reboot by removing the battery), which I never had to do with v1.0 or v1.1

Aside from that still an excellent ROM - Thanks

Guest starfire

Musicmod player fixed the issue, thanks - can now skip tracks fine.

I still get occasional A2DP dropout (ie the song playing back drop's out for 1/2 second every few minutes), I may try going back to FLB 1.1 because it was fine with that - could that be down to this "tre" kernel in 1.2?

Guest chckens
Installed v1.2 TMO last weekend [...] But my Pulse has locked-up on me twice while browsing the Internet

That's pretty much my experience of the T-Mobile kernel on 2.1 too. Hasn't happened to me at all with the Tre kernel (which was present in FLB-Mod 1.0 and 1.1, and available with 1.2)

Sadly, I'm now having to choose between 1-2 freezes a day (TMO) and intermittent problems associating with my WiFi (Tre) :) ... anyone else find that it'll only reliably connect if they're more than, say, 5 metres from the access point?

Guest jlgmax

My o2 MMS issue has returned with FLB 1.2 and I cant seem to get it working.

I noticed straight away that there are now 4 APNs showing with the TRE version of the ROM (every previous version had just 2).

I have tried the configuration changes which I made previously (change local.prop file MMC values, overwrite apns-conf.xml with the version provided to me previously on this forum for use with version 5 beta (T MOB). These changes managed to get MMS up and running OK for me previously, but on 1.2 it just isnt happening !

I have 2 pulses (one for me one for my other half) which makes testing easier. I can send an MMS and it comes through on the other handset, but has a "download" button. When I press this it changes to "downloading" but nothing else happens and the picture is never received.

Any ideas anyone ?

Thanks.

Edited by jlgmax

Guest giabbe1

@ flb: in the latest versions of ur roms I cannot find the option to assign a contact to a specific group, among those synced with google contacts. to clarify: my contacts are synced with my google accounts, in which they are grouped in different groups. in the older versions of ur roms (can't remember which ones though, think 5.1 etc) I could go to a contact in my phone and specify to which groups it would belong. now that option is not present anymore.. how can I have the older version of contacts on the 1.2 rom?

Guest James Seaward

Hi,

Firstly I'd like to say Thanks for a really great ROM. Very stable, fast and good looking.

Just wondering whether anyone else is having problems with GPS. After an hour or so of navigation, my phone loses its GPS signal and never re-establishes. If I power down the phone, boot up again and restart Google Navigation then it works fine for another while but I drove for 6 hours yesterday and had to reboot the phone 5 times.

The only other problem I have with the phone/ROM is that I often get FC errors on the eBay service when I unlock the phone to get to the home screen. The app isn't running at the time but I guess it has installed a constantly running process. That isn't a big problem though.

U8220, T-Mob 2.1 Hungarian, No CUSTOM_HU, FLB1.2 Tre

Otherwise it's fantastic. Thanks again.

James

Guest RoXxToR

1) Phone type:

T-Mobile Pulse (German)

t-mobile

no

yes

no

yes

no

tre

Flashed the Custom Rom and everything worked fine! I plugged in my E-Plus Sim Card and only got phone errors. I wasnt able to call somebody or receive calls. And every app i tried to open didnt work properly. Then i plugged in my T-Mobile Sim Card and the phone worked fine!

Any solution for this, couse i would like to use my e-plus sim card in it!

btw.: havin' installed the original 2.1 now and the e-plus sim card works fine!

thanks for the help and you're doin a great work!

Guest DanWilson

Bump of the Epic Proportions.

1) Phone type:

T-Mobile Pulse

Tre

No - I think

Nope

Yes

Yes

Tre

Touchscreen has died. :D It just won't react. The only recent thing I've done is use Epic's key mod, and the screen worked after that. It just seems quite random. It used to just be the lockscreen that worked until a reboot, and now nothing works...

I have no Nandroids, and I really don't want to reinstall everything again.

Help?

Guest ambrozija

1) Phone type:

T-Mobile Pulse

Hu

no

yes

no

yes

yes

T-Mobile

I've tried to set to use homescreen in memory. I've done this using the command: "echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 >> /data/local.prop" everything went smooth there. Then restarting the phone and it get stuck on loading! "FLB - Mod" just keeps flashing, but the phone doesn't start. What should I do from here?

Thanks!

Guest ambrozija
1) Phone type:

T-Mobile Pulse

Hu

no

yes

no

yes

yes

T-Mobile

I've tried to set to use homescreen in memory. I've done this using the command: "echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 >> /data/local.prop" everything went smooth there. Then restarting the phone and it get stuck on loading! "FLB - Mod" just keeps flashing, but the phone doesn't start. What should I do from here?

Thanks!

never mind, I did "Wipe data/factory reset" using amonra. that fixed the boot. now i just need to setup the phone and apps again.

i still wonder why it didn't boot with screen in mem? low mem? anybody had similar problem?

Guest SonMauri

1) Phone type:

U8220-6

Other (Ve)

no

yes

no

yes

no

Tre

Issue: Thetering stopped working, but in fact i think the SU Permission app is not working since the thethering fails when getting a "permission denied" error message.