Modaco ROM Issues

Guest SteveEdson

Guest SteveEdson

I rooted my desire last night with no issues and i'm loving froyo, however, i have a few small niggles i'd like help solving please.

First of all, is it possible to disable the auto rotation when the phone is rotated 90 degrees clockwise? Like on the stock rom it only rotated the screen when held 90 degrees anticlockwise.

Is it possible to make the phone unlock by pressing the menu button? As opposed to dragging down the screen lock?

I also have an issue with some of my facebook contacts not appearing when trying to manually link a contact, i search their name and they don't exist. This only happens for a select few, the rest are working fine. - FACEBOOK ISSUE, HTC ARE WORKING ON A FIX

When I try to record a 720p video, the phone reboots also. - SOLVED :(

And does anyone know when i can get the apk for the 3d gallery that works with the mutlitouch thumbnails? The version I have doesnt do anything :/

Thanks!

Edited by SteveEdson

Guest le_lutin
Solved the facebook contacts issue also

I don't think there is any way to disable the auto-rotation for only turning it 90 degrees clockwise.

There is a mod somewhere that enables the trackball wake on the phone. You get it as an option in the Kitchen and I think someone posted a mod in the sense thread that you might be able to use. Do a search in this thread

"20/Jul r5 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen - Froyo with Sense (FRF91)"

Guest SteveEdson
I don't think there is any way to disable the auto-rotation for only turning it 90 degrees clockwise.

There is a mod somewhere that enables the trackball wake on the phone. You get it as an option in the Kitchen and I think someone posted a mod in the sense thread that you might be able to use. Do a search in this thread

"20/Jul r5 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen - Froyo with Sense (FRF91)"

Yeah i did see that, I want to be able to turn it on only from the power button, but would like to unlock it using the menu button like on the stock 2.1 rom.

Thanks though :(