[ROM] Liquid Community ROM E 1.8.2.2 (rebirth)

Guest malez

Guest simoneser
From what I can read you have widget refresh issues. I strongly advice you to update Launcher Pro (version 0.7.2.0 is available). Have you tried to reset defaults settings in laucher pro ?

Yes, already update.

Didn't try to restore default settings.

Guest malez
Yesterday I flashed LCR1.8, run the cleanrom script (so no titanium nor esFile explorer), but battery consumption remained big :) what can I do?

The most important : Disable 3G when you don't need it, same for wifi

Battery usage will always be more important under android 2.1 than 1.6

Have a look in settings / about phone / battery usage to have the list or most battery consuming apps.

Try to reduce the number of refreshed widgets (and there frequency) on your desktop. Clock widget consume a lot (FancyWidget for exemple)

Animated wallpapers use a lot.

Run setcpu and set min freq to 245Mhz. Also configure Sleep/standby profile to reduce max speed and use powersave governor (you can also do this when battery is under 30% for exemple). I am not sure this will have an important effect but you can give it a try

An (or many) application you have installed must consume a lot (for exemple I have stopped using battery graph when I saw i reduce my battery life by about 12 h)

To know what apps are running in background on your phone, settings / application / press menu button - filter - running. The more apps you have, the less battery remains (oh my god what a nice sentence )

There is an open topic about battery consumption here http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...ization-thread/

Edited by malez

Guest thongrim
The most important : Disable 3G when you don't need it, same for wifi

Battery usage will always be more important under android 2.1 than 1.6

To know what apps are running in background on your phone, settings / application / press menu button - filter - running. The more apps you have, the less battery remains (oh my god what a nice sentence )

There is an open topic about battery consumption here http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...ization-thread/

Ok, thanks a lot, I'll try to keep an eye on running applications in the way you have described (in fact, in settings -> about phone, I can see only android system and not the detailed list of the running applications).

Guest malez
Ok, thanks a lot, I'll try to keep an eye on running applications in the way you have described (in fact, in settings -> about phone, I can see only android system and not the detailed list of the running applications).

Have a look in settings / application to have the list of running apps

Guest malez

Finally i am not sure using setcpu profile is a good thing, because if you have a look in logs, when profiles are enabled, setcpu request for phone status nearly every 5 seconds.

Guest Liquidini
ok, i've made it:

--------------------

PLEASE READ BELOW POST

--------------------

kernel lcr 1.8(ramdisk) + xian 1.0(kernel only) (flash with fastboot, MAX @960mhz)

adb reboot bootloader

fastboot -i 0x0502 flash boot l0cutus.OC.lcr-1.8+xian-1.0.boot.img

fastboot -i 0x0502 reboot

dhd.ko (grabbed from xian 1.0) (put it on /etc/wifi/ and rename it to dhd.ko)

adb remount

adb push dhd-xian-1.0.ko /etc/wifi/dhd.ko

ramzswap.ko module (put it on /system/modules/ and rename it to ramzswap.ko)

adb shell mkdir /system/modules

adb push ramzswap-xian-1.0.ko /system/modules/ramzswap.ko

for the oc kernel we just flash the first file right?

Guest ShcJosh
ok, i've made it:

--------------------

PLEASE READ BELOW POST

--------------------

kernel lcr 1.8(ramdisk) + xian 1.0(kernel only) (flash with fastboot, MAX @960mhz)

adb reboot bootloader

adb remount

I can't download the file from the link, mediafire keep showing Invalid or Deleted File...

Guest alan090
Have a look in settings / application to have the list of running apps

I recommend using system panel app to monitor which apps suck down the most cpu time

Guest droug
Try this one :

show_progress 0.1 0

copy_dir PACKAGE:data DATA:

set_perm_recursive 1000 1000 0771 0644 DATA:app

show_progress 0.1 10

This does't work too Malez... Maybe I am doing some wrong...

Can you explain step by step??

-----------------

I installed Lcr1.8.0.1 and returned again to the lcr1.7.3, as problems with the Titanium Backup not disappeared

Edited by droug

Guest djinferno806
Finally i am not sure using setcpu profile is a good thing, because if you have a look in logs, when profiles are enabled, setcpu request for phone status nearly every 5 seconds.

ive been worried about this behaviour as well.

I did however use the System panel app to monitor its behaviour and in a 16 hour period, it only used 0.2 percent of the cpu at a total time of 1m 55s.

so i mean that doesnt seem too bad. But who knows. Im going to leave profiles off for the next few days and see what i get.

Guest mmkim

special thanks malez corrected explorer browser. :)

I suggest you let explorer browser give build to 173patch. :D

Edited by mmkim

Guest L0cu7us

dunno why, but even i have set 'setcpu' to performance and fixed freq. @920mhz, after every reboot my cpu is set to ondemand scaling 245<>960mhz.

obviuosly setpu is configured to set my freq at boot...

any idea ? thanks!

Guest ginja
ok... i have some free time and built this, simply put to your sdcard (ROOT) as any rom, than boot into recovery and flash it not signed

+1

just tested with new lcr(ramdisk)+xian(kernel) and @960 scored 560 :)

+1

SAME HERE!!! WOOHOO!!!

+1

Guest BlackMagician

About battery usage.. I had installed the latest Facebook app and yesterday battery went down to 50% by noon. This morning there was another update to 'fix battery issues caused by the app'...

Guest ginja
About battery usage.. I had installed the latest Facebook app and yesterday battery went down to 50% by noon. This morning there was another update to 'fix battery issues caused by the app'...

Never ever let those apps run in the background if you don't use them, msn talk, facebook, twitter etc. They consume cpu and battery big time

Guest djinferno806
ok, i've made it:

--------------------

PLEASE READ BELOW POST

--------------------

adb reboot bootloader

adb remount

if its not too much to ask for would you be able to make a 998mhz version of this kernel for lcr 1.8 please?

Guest Elisha82
if its not too much to ask for would you be able to make a 998mhz version of this kernel for lcr 1.8 please?

Phusson's OC kernal for 1.7.3 works fine with LCR 1.8

Guest djinferno806

Ya i know i was using that one but i wanted to have an undervolted kernel instead. Get the best possible battery life you know.

Ya i know i was using that one but i wanted to have an undervolted kernel instead. Get the best possible battery life you know.

Undervolted kernel will certainly not produce an important change. Fast dormancy should be more visible. Will try to provide both

no more iptables support in lcr1.8.0.1?

i just updated (from 1.7.3) but droidwall doesn't work anymore saying it can't find iptables.

Edited by Riekr

no more iptables support in lcr1.8.0.1?

i just updated (from 1.7.3) but droidwall doesn't work anymore saying it can't find iptables.

I am building a patch for this. I will provide a 1.8.1 too

I am building a patch for this. I will provide a 1.8.1 too

also, maybe it could have a new default theme... (if you know what im talking about :D )