[ROM] Liquid Community ROM E 1.8.2.2 (rebirth)

Guest malez

Guest Piter1225
How to know which bin file I used?

Go to Settings/About phone/ and there you can find radio version, which could be helpful in future problems investigation

I did not do any bin flashing when flash the LCR (using default from liquid e, 009 i think). Is it okay?

Yep, 009 should be ok

If not, how can I flash the bin? I search the internet but i found only flashing the liquid A1 not E.

The process of flashing .bin is same for Liquid A1 nad LiquidE

And my SD card is undetectable twice (blank sd card and unsupported file system), but when I restart the phone it is normal again, however, after sometime it said blank sd card and unsupported file system :D.

Im using sandisk 8 GB, i never got that message when using original ROM.

Are you sure that your SD is not corrupted? Have you met similar problem with other ROM's or only with LCR?

And How do i apply the patch? is it the same when flashing the new one? im not using apps2sd.

From recovery, flash .zip file

Guest sinclaire
Go to Settings/About phone/ and there you can find radio version, which could be helpful in future problems investigation

Yep, 009 should be ok

The process of flashing .bin is same for Liquid A1 nad LiquidE

Are you sure that your SD is not corrupted? Have you met similar problem with other ROM's or only with LCR?

From recovery, flash .zip file

thanks for the reply!

the version is the baseband or kernel version?

so i can use acer flashing tool from A1? can you give me the link or can you explain how to flash using it?

After I format my sd card in my phone, there is no error anymore :D.

so the patch flashing is just the same when installing the LCR 1.8.0.1?

from recovery flash 1.8.01 then flash in recovery again the patch?

Guest Piter1225
the version is the baseband or kernel version?

baseband

so i can use acer flashing tool from A1? can you give me the link or can you explain how to flash using it?

Everyhing is precisely explained in LCR wiki, take a look:

After I format my sd card in my phone, there is no error anymore :D.

Great to know that wasn't LCR's bug, thanks for info

so the patch flashing is just the same when installing the LCR 1.8.0.1?

from recovery flash 1.8.01 then flash in recovery again the patch?

Same steps as with flashing ROM:

* Put the file on the root of your sdcard

* reboot in recovery

* flash/test menu

* apply update.zip (if there will be problem with signature check, select "no sign check")

* select file

* install

Guest sinclaire
baseband

Everyhing is precisely explained in LCR wiki, take a look:

Great to know that wasn't LCR's bug, thanks for info

Same steps as with flashing ROM:

* Put the file on the root of your sdcard

* reboot in recovery

* flash/test menu

* apply update.zip (if there will be problem with signature check, select "no sign check")

* select file

* install

oh i see, so i do not need to update to 039?

my baseband A1-04.02-01. i dont see the 09 or 039 :D.

and i've already applied the patch and the build number is LCR1.8.0.1.

Is the patch already installed?

oh i see, so i do not need to update to 039?

my baseband A1-04.02-01. i dont see the 09 or 039 :D.

and i've already applied the patch and the build number is LCR1.8.0.1.

Is the patch already installed?

09 bin (adn 0.9 taht were retired) is an official update for liquid A1, not liquid E (on acer support page)

LCR will work with your current baseband.

The build number is not modified by the patch. I you have installed the p1 patch on top of 1.8.0.1 it is good.

To know if it is applied "adb shell iptables". If it display "iptables v1.3.7: no command specified", the patch is installed. If it displays "iptables: not found", it is not.

PS : edited my post because I had not seen you were on liquid e.

Edited by malez

Guest sette7nani
09 bin is an official update you will find on acer support page.

I have forgotten to change the buld numer in the patch. I you have installed the p1 patch on top of 1.8.0.1 it is good.

To know if it is applied "adb shell iptables". If it display "iptables v1.3.7: no command specified", the patch is installed. If it displays "iptables: not found", it is not.

i checked directly from my phone using terminal, typing su and then iptables.

patch applied correctly :D

Guest sinclaire
09 bin (adn 0.9 taht were retired) is an official update for liquid A1, not liquid E (on acer support page)

LCR will work with your current baseband.

The build number is not modified by the patch. I you have installed the p1 patch on top of 1.8.0.1 it is good.

PS : edited my post because I had not seen you were on liquid e.

wow thank you,

okay adb shell iptables shown iptables v1.3.7: no command specified, so my LCR is already patched ^^.

so there are no difference between 039 and 09?

Yeah im using liquid E.

Guest Piter1225
wow thank you,

okay adb shell iptables shown iptables v1.3.7: no command specified, so my LCR is already patched ^^.

so there are no difference between 039 and 09?

Yeah im using liquid E.

There are small differences, but nothing stopping you from using LCR on top of it.

Guest Liquidator

I am using 1.8 for some time now, and I have a few small problems which I hope someone here may help me fix:

-if I want to attach a file to an email, the gallery is opened, so all I can attach are photos

-in Aldiko bookreader, every time it forgets where i was in a book and opens at page 1. This did not happen on 1.7 .

-every now and then (few times a week) the screen goes black and doesn't turn on anymore. Most often this happens during a phone call. Today it happened again, though not during a call, and I saw there was actually something on the screen, without backlight. However, I could not figure out how to fix it and had to take out the battery.

-if I want to run the calibration tool of the htc ime keyboard, it fc's.

Hope someone recognizes these issues and has a tip for me!

Guest danial.aw

hey how is it that I can update launcherpro to the latest version?... everytime i try to do it .. i get the answer "unsuccessful"...

what can i do :D

Guest sinclaire
There are small differences, but nothing stopping you from using LCR on top of it.

okay, if i flash the bin is my phone going to be formatted?

and my phone after formatting the sd card, the sd card is blank again twice. im using sandisk 8 GB class 2 SDHC.

this is really annoying because i need to restart my phone. T_T.

i still dont get delivery report for sms, is this eclair bug?

please give me solution, because I like LCR. :D

Edited by sinclaire

Guest shinset
Custom ringtones are (still) broken.

When boss calls, there's supposed to be imperial march. Instead I get the default ringtone. At least when I get the call when the phone is sleeping.

In fact when I get a call I briefly see the number which is replaced by the contact name, which may or may not be related to the problem. In any case, I can select custom ringtone for contacts, but they do not get used, at least not all the time.

I have the same problem as you describe , the dedicated ringtone doesn t work randomly for no reason and I think the speakers volume and sound very weak and distant since I moved from stock donut to lcr 1.8.0.1 ... is there any way to fix both problem manually or via patch ?

I am using 1.8 for some time now, and I have a few small problems which I hope someone here may help me fix:

-every now and then (few times a week) the screen goes black and doesn't turn on anymore. Most often this happens during a phone call. Today it happened again, though not during a call, and I saw there was actually something on the screen, without backlight. However, I could not figure out how to fix it and had to take out the battery.

Hope someone recognizes these issues and has a tip for me!

Same as you maybe 4 times this week (last time was just an hour ago !)

another things

- not sure if its lcr related or launcher pro related but some time when I want to launch something from launcher pro dock , it just highlights the icon but it doesn t launch the application Ive to hit it twice to finally launch the application , not a big deal but still a bug =)

- LOL Sites application cannot share via SMS/MMS anymore, here is the error message "share via messaging is beta and may not work untill nest OS upgrade"

BTW isnt donut to eclair an upgrade ? :D not sure if its lcr problem or juste 2.1 + apps compatibility issue since Ive only one android device... (if someone can test and confirm or else please)

anyway LCR team did a awesome job , keep going guys !

Edited by shinset

Guest PhilNelwyn
[...]I think the speakers volume and sound very weak and distant since I moved from stock donut to lcr 1.8.0.1[...]

I agree, sound is better in last version, but still music from phone speaker sounds like a headset with volume turned up (a lot, fortunately).

Are there two profiles for sound ? One for phone speaker and one for headset when it's plugged in ?

I agree, sound is better in last version, but still music from phone speaker sounds like a headset with volume turned up (a lot, fortunately).

Are there two profiles for sound ? One for phone speaker and one for headset when it's plugged in ?

Yes sound processing for phone speaker and headset are different. Sound in heaset is has a really good quality in the rom (better than stock liquid E for sure).

Is the patch really needed? or only if you have issues with liquid tether?? It''s seems to work with me without the patch

It is not "needed" but recommanded. If you have no issue with liquid tether (you provider is a good one) and don't use apps that requires network tools like iptables, you have not need to install, but it won't break anything to do it.

It is not "needed" but recommanded. If you have no issue with liquid tether (you provider is a good one) and don't use apps that requires network tools like iptables, you have not need to install, but it won't break anything to do it.

Thnx for replying back, well it seems i don't need the patch (yet)

Guest PhilNelwyn
[...]Sound in heaset is has a really good quality in the rom (better than stock liquid E for sure).

That's right, great job there, and phone speaker's sound too could be better IMO.

It's good to know that even this close to perfection, LCR can still be improved. :D

Thank you for your hard and sharp work.

That's right, great job there, and phone speaker's sound too could be better IMO.

It's good to know that even this close to perfection, LCR can still be improved. :D

Thank you for your hard and sharp work.

Everything can always be improved :D

Guest redrag
-in Aldiko bookreader, every time it forgets where i was in a book and opens at page 1. This did not happen on 1.7 .

I have the same issue with Aldiko :D

Guest sinclaire
okay, if i flash the bin is my phone going to be formatted?

and my phone after formatting the sd card, the sd card is blank again twice. im using sandisk 8 GB class 2 SDHC.

this is really annoying because i need to restart my phone. T_T.

i still dont get delivery report for sms, is this eclair bug?

please give me solution, because I like LCR. :D

anyone can help me? T_T..

my SD card cannot be read again this morning T_T...

and yesterday, when i click messaging it shows alarm, click messaging again it shows settings, click messaging again it shows setCPU, after a while my phone was freezed so i need to restart it.

FYI,

im using advance task manger <- auto kill every half hour, kill level crazy. i've tried safe its also the same.

setCPU -> standby 254/ 384, below 100% 254 / 576. charging 254/384.

all application is installed in phone.

Guest Gianluca Giunta
anyone can help me? T_T..

my SD card cannot be read again this morning T_T...

I had a similar issue in the past. It was due to a wrong Titanium Backup restore.

After ROM installation have you restored system configuration and data from an old ROM?

I solved restoring only the applications.

I have the same issue with Aldiko :D

Are you sure it is exactly the same version application version you used in 1.7.

It must me a lack of code in bookreader. On resume must not be well written. Browser remember on what page it was before exiting and restoring it. This is the same behaviour.

Waht version de you use 1.2.13

(Tested on LCR-F with 1.2.13, OK)