[ROM] Liquid Community ROM E 1.8.2.2 (rebirth)

Guest malez

Guest luvandroid
The does not work with the current spare part. I am writting a full application that will replace it with a lot a nive things. Working night and day :huh:

Hi Malez, i am your fans,

I Am new at android device, and found this Nice Forums from Google, so ... this is my first post, and all i can say is, thx to make a great roms, and malez recovery ;)

REGARDS - Newbie from Indonesia

Hi Malez, i am your fans,

I Am new at android device, and found this Nice Forums from Google, so ... this is my first post, and all i can say is, thx to make a great roms, and malez recovery :huh:

REGARDS - Newbie from Indonesia

Welcome in the liquid community ;)

Guest luvandroid
Welcome in the liquid community :(

Thx, i know bout adb, android, and rooting, just last night, and it makes my head dizzy for hours :D

Don't know how u guys can program stuff like this :huh:

English not my native language, so ... sorry if i make u and others confused ;)

hi all,

i'm facing some big problem when connected to 3g networks: i can't neither receive calls/sms nor make phone calls.

how can i restore the stock kernel to check if it is something related to it?

does anyone have some hint?

hi all,

i'm facing some big problem when connected to 3g networks: i can't neither receive calls/sms nor make phone calls.

don't think its related to the kernel, but here it is (i think its the default stock, but im not sure):

http://www.multiupload.com/8SFNEL1XDC

Guest luvandroid
hi all,

Hi, me my self found this problem last night, and i am ready to give up ...

Here what works for me ... i turn on flight mode, and 5 minutes later, i turn it off, and ...

Voila, i can call my friends with my Droid :huh:

I don't know if it is just coincidence, but that's work for me ;)

Sorry, if i make u confused, english not my native language

hi all,

You can run "adb network.sh stantard" to diable network optimization and reboot to test

Trying do enbale/disable sleep mode can help. It looks like it depends on phones or location because i never had this.

One normal thing is that when you are IN a call, you have no data network access. That is normal.

But when on 3g reception you should receive and be able to place a call

Edited by malez

You can run "adb network.sh stantard" to diable network optimization and reboot to test

Trying do enbale/disable sleep mode can help. It looks like it depends on phones or location because i never had this.

One normal thing is that when you are IN a call, you have no data network access. That is normal.

But when on 3g reception you should receive and be able to place a call

"adb shell network.sh standard" doesn't solve the problem, i'm going to check with the stock kernel anyway, this only happens when i'm at work :huh:

my phone doesn't boot with this kernel.. (keep looping on bright android eyes)

rolled back with nandroid :huh:

sorry!!! ;)

Edited by Rajit

Guest luvandroid

Hi All

I just have found that, sometimes my liquid says : memory removed accidentally *not exactly, but something like that*

And memory not detected, until i reboot the device

Strangely, i thought it happen even before i root and custom the device ...

Note : I always unmount memory before disconnect it from computer

So : I klik eject from my windows *at drive letter - android memory* (8 gb - sand*sk)

After that, i stop the usb data, and pull out the usb ...

Does anybody here encounter same problems?

Sorry if this out of topic, but i don't know where to ask, and how, and people's here seems nice :huh:

Thx u Be4

And sorry if i do this wrong ;)

Guest Small_Hacker
Hi All

I just have found that, sometimes my liquid says : memory removed accidentally *not exactly, but something like that*

And memory not detected, until i reboot the device

Strangely, i thought it happen even before i root and custom the device ...

Note : I always unmount memory before disconnect it from computer

So : I klik eject from my windows *at drive letter - android memory* (8 gb - sand*sk)

After that, i stop the usb data, and pull out the usb ...

Does anybody here encounter same problems?

Sorry if this out of topic, but i don't know where to ask, and how, and people's here seems nice :huh:

Thx u Be4

And sorry if i do this wrong ;)

I have encountered same problem

I think this may be SD Card probelm, because the problem is solve when i changed another SD card (2G)

Recently , i changed back to that SD card (4G) because of high capacity

I then encounter this problem

This problem happened 2 times, they all happen in the next mroning (I found this when i woke up)

I think this may be SD Card probelm, because the problem is solve when i changed another SD card (2G)

This problem happened 2 times, they all happen in the next mroning (I found this when i woke up)

make sure u are using SDHC (HighCapacity) branded card e.g Sandisk 4GB SDHC written on it. Those are more stable than regular ones, especially when using APPS2SD it's a must.

Im currently using the one on the pic, except mine is Class 2: 16 Mbit/s (2 MB/s) more classes like Class 4: 32 Mbit/s (4 MB/s), Class 6: 48 Mbit/s (6 MB/s) and Class 10: 80 Mbit/s (10 MB/s)

Found this relevant info on wiki :huh: ''* Some manufacturers have produced 4 GB SD cards that conform to neither the SD2.0/SDHC spec nor existing SD devices.[28]

* File System: SD cards are typically formatted with the FAT16 file system, while SDHC cards are typically formatted as FAT32.[24] However, both types of cards can support other general-purpose file systems, such as UFS2, ext2 or the proprietary exFAT for example.''

post-730831-1282788426_thumb.jpg

Edited by ginja

Guest compman

I've use this rom for 2 weeks then right now my phone didn't work properly.

Proximity sensor and light sensor didn't work at all.

What wrong ? Have any guys faced this issue ?

I've use this rom for 2 weeks then right now my phone didn't work properly.

Proximity sensor and light sensor didn't work at all.

What wrong ? Have any guys faced this issue ?

Noone reported this for the moment. Have you changed the boot.img ? Have you overclocked ? Have you tried to do a factory restet ? Please answer all these questions.

Edited by malez

Guest compman
Noone reported this for the moment. Have you changed the boot.img ? Have you overclocked ? Have you tried to do a factory restet ? Please answer all these questions.

Hi Malez,

No change boot.img

No OC

Factory reset at first day. No problem until yesterday.

I´ve been using this ROM since yesterday (I had LS2.1.3 before) and it rocks!

Both are great but I notice LCR 1.8 patch 1 is faster and uses less resources, that´s the way I like it!

Now, the only thing I can´t enable is apps2sd. I already had an ext partition on my SD (from LS2.1), I wiped it and put "apps2sd on" on the terminal *but* when I enter "apps2sd status" it says everything is on the phone... what can be happening? I wanted to avoid microSD format...

EDIT: thru malez recovery I think I enabled app2sd (copied apps from phone to SD and Terminal says app is a folder from SD) but the best was to have an app like a "Control Panel" where we could set App2SD, choose what apps we would send to the SD among other things... It´s not hard but not quite as easy & simple for people like me who begin now with android :huh: I took almost a week reading several foruns to understand which "basic" programs we should have, how to install custom ROMs, app2sd, etc ;)

I hope in the future we can have an app that, after entering the USB debug mode with the original FW:

- it gives a menu to check what apps we want included and by default

- if we want app2sd and what settings

- installs the recovery + ROM without having to manually copy to the SD and manually have to use recovery.

Great work!!!

Edited by mmick

Guest luvandroid

Hi Bro, so ... we have same issue here, i changed my memory card to 2 gigabyte, and my life easier now.

My Memory Car (Sandisk 8GB Class 2) is running good at my nokia e63, so ... they're not a match couple *Liquid and 8gb class 2 Sandisk*

2 Gigabyte run very smooth, and about this memory issue, i think, it is not related with LCR, because i face this problem even b4 rooting my android ...

Now i am order, 8 GB Class 6 Transcend, and i will report here the result :huh:

make sure u are using SDHC (HighCapacity) branded card e.g Sandisk 4GB SDHC written on it. Those are more stable than regular ones, especially when using APPS2SD it's a must.

Im currently using the one on the pic, except mine is Class 2: 16 Mbit/s (2 MB/s) more classes like Class 4: 32 Mbit/s (4 MB/s), Class 6: 48 Mbit/s (6 MB/s) and Class 10: 80 Mbit/s (10 MB/s)

Found this relevant info on wiki :( ''* Some manufacturers have produced 4 GB SD cards that conform to neither the SD2.0/SDHC spec nor existing SD devices.[28]

* File System: SD cards are typically formatted with the FAT16 file system, while SDHC cards are typically formatted as FAT32.[24] However, both types of cards can support other general-purpose file systems, such as UFS2, ext2 or the proprietary exFAT for example.''

Wow ... very Informative ... Thx Bro ;)

Now i am order, 8 GB Class 6 Transcend, and i will report here the result :huh:

I´m using a Sandisk 8Gb Class 6 (ext3 partition APPS2SD + rest with FAT) and ATM no issues at all. As I want to use GPS, movies, music, etc at least 8Gb is a must!

;)

Malez, is 640x480/720x480 the Acer Liquid maximum video res? On LS2.1 I had another camera app (better than this one from Acer) and it let me choose 1280x720 but in the end it recorded 720x480 with crappy audio...

I didn´t try this one from your ROM on video yet...

I hope Froyo 2.2 stable + all things working well comes fast :(

Hi Bro, so ... we have same issue here, i changed my memory card to 2 gigabyte, and my life easier now.

My Memory Car (Sandisk 8GB Class 2) is running good at my nokia e63, so ... they're not a match couple *Liquid and 8gb class 2 Sandisk*

2 Gigabyte run very smooth, and about this memory issue, i think, it is not related with LCR, because i face this problem even b4 rooting my android ...

Hmmm that's strange, I had my Sandisk 8Gb class 2 for more than a year already, I never had issues with it, it works marvelous with my Liquid, maybe yours is kinda deffective in some ways or your acer liquid hardware has issues with it.

From 4/5 days I can't download or upgrade nothing from the market, the progress bar during download is ever empty

This can occur when google servers are overloaded. Try to wipe market cache in setting / application /filter /all / android market /wipe cache then maybe wipe data

I´ve been using this ROM since yesterday (I had LS2.1.3 before) and it rocks!

Both are great but I notice LCR 1.8 patch 1 is faster and uses less resources, that´s the way I like it!

Now, the only thing I can´t enable is apps2sd. I already had an ext partition on my SD (from LS2.1), I wiped it and put "apps2sd on" on the terminal *but* when I enter "apps2sd status" it says everything is on the phone... what can be happening? I wanted to avoid microSD format...

EDIT: thru malez recovery I think I enabled app2sd (copied apps from phone to SD and Terminal says app is a folder from SD) but the best was to have an app like a "Control Panel" where we could set App2SD, choose what apps we would send to the SD among other things... It´s not hard but not quite as easy & simple for people like me who begin now with android :huh: I took almost a week reading several foruns to understand which "basic" programs we should have, how to install custom ROMs, app2sd, etc ;)

I hope in the future we can have an app that, after entering the USB debug mode with the original FW:

- it gives a menu to check what apps we want included and by default

- if we want app2sd and what settings

- installs the recovery + ROM without having to manually copy to the SD and manually have to use recovery.

Great work!!!

I am curretnly developing my first android app that will allow to change what app we want to keep in system partition + many many other features. Choosing witch particulare app to move to sdcard is a feature integrated in LCR-F, since its is bases on Froyo. It could be possible to do it also on lcr-e (if i find the time to write corresponding code) but i doubt.

Automatic installation is already done for recovery. I have uploaded it yesterday i think. Auto flashing lcr could be also possible (if i find time too write code too). A lot of work !

Choose included apps by default is also a work in progress on building a chicken to cutomize your own update.zip.

Guest Barleyman
This can occur when google servers are overloaded. Try to wipe market cache in setting / application /filter /all / android market /wipe cache then maybe wipe data

This happened to me when I upgraded LCR and restored accounts from a backup with titanium backup. Fix was to reinstall LCR and do the 1st time google account setup thing as usual.