[ROM] Liquid Community ROM E 1.8.2.2 (rebirth)

Guest malez

Guest markII
This happened to me when I upgraded LCR and restored accounts from a backup with titanium backup. Fix was to reinstall LCR and do the 1st time google account setup thing as usual.

I have did a wipe data

Guest luvandroid
I´m using a Sandisk 8Gb Class 6 (ext3 partition APPS2SD + rest with FAT) and ATM no issues at all. As I want to use GPS, movies, music, etc at least 8Gb is a must!

:huh:

Well, my Transcend 8gb not arrived yet ;)

Hmmm that's strange, I had my Sandisk 8Gb class 2 for more than a year already, I never had issues with it, it works marvelous with my Liquid, maybe yours is kinda deffective in some ways or your acer liquid hardware has issues with it.

:(

I Allready sell my used sandisk 8gb class 2 to Blackberry user for 6 USD *the price is 19 USD* - in my country

Maybe the problem is NOT the class or size ... or brand ...

May be luck factor :D

Well, my Transcend 8gb not arrived yet :(

:D

I Allready sell my used sandisk 8gb class 2 to Blackberry user for 6 USD *the price is 19 USD* - in my country

Maybe the problem is NOT the class or size ... or brand ...

May be luck factor :D

I believe the integrated flash control *or* format may have some guilt there. The ideal is to format the card thru Malez Recovery and create a 256-512Mb ext + rest to FAT. Nevertheless you did well, "Class 2" card is toooo slow nowadays and most phone manufacturers recommend at least Class 4 (some even Class 6).

Most smartphones (specially those with VGA 30fps or better video recording) do a lot of read/write and if the card is slow then overall performance is bad. Imagine the phone listing all music & videos on your card (which usually is done on the background) + reading GPS maps or swap or some game on the card at the same time...

The built-in flash controler on a Class 6 is also faster so you should get a good performance boost, specially when doing a lot of heavy tasks. On my latter i8910 this card was great, many times I used NDRIVE on the background working + 720p video recording and the phone never struggled :huh: everything fast fast fast ;)

Guest Chadski

i don't know if this is a bug. I found several issues:

- The loudspeaker rings eventhough I have my earphones plugged

- The onboard mic is not working when my earphones is plugged (I am using regular earphones, not the official headset)

- When my phone is ringing or during calls, the contact picture is not displayed (only the generic android image). However, the contact picture shows after I hang up the phone.

Thanks for giving attention...

Guest Piter1225

I think it's good :huh:

Imagine that you have left your Liquid with pluged headphones in your room and went to kitchen. Now is calling your girl, and thanks to that "issue" you can hear that someone is calling.

- The onboard mic is not working when my earphones is plugged (I am using regular earphones, not the official headset)

I'm not on LCR 1.8 now, but as far as I remember I was able to talk with my Seenheiser headphones plugged...

Someone can confirm?

- When my phone is ringing or during calls, the contact picture is not displayed (only the generic android image). However, the contact picture shows after I hang up the phone.

And thats probably because of some lags/low memory/bad weather/government

I don't think we can do much about it ;)

I have that issue too! The other ones I can´t test as I didn´t use headphones with this ROM and I don´t have HPs at this moment.

Guest Chadski
I think it's good :huh:

Imagine that you have left your Liquid with pluged headphones in your room and went to kitchen. Now is calling your girl, and thanks to that "issue" you can hear that someone is calling.

I'm not on LCR 1.8 now, but as far as I remember I was able to talk with my Seenheiser headphones plugged...

Someone can confirm?

And thats probably because of some lags/low memory/bad weather/government

I don't think we can do much about it ;)

you have a point here.. but... it kinda distubed the priest in church while my phone rings and am listening to Guns and Roses' "Sweet Child O mine". Caught me listening to music instead of the preach.. lolz... Joke only..

well... I just hope there is an option to turn this off.. not a deal breaker for me.. Am just wondring if this is also the case for the official Liquid ROM.

weird... my wife just called... her contact pix showed up this time.. could be a memory problem indeed as piter mentioned.

To me the problem ocurrs when I CALL (pics only appear when I finish the call), when people call me pictures show up.

Guest TheShak
i don't know if this is a bug. I found several issues:

Thanks for giving attention...

Maybe this is to do with that the offical headset is a three pin configuration to allow mic plus L+R setup, whereas standard headphones just have 2 pin type connection for sound only etc.

Cheers

is possible to set automagically at boot the lowmemorykiller parameters ?

thanks !

of course it can be done using ins_run or by installing autokiller from market

Maybe this is to do with that the offical headset is a three pin configuration to allow mic plus L+R setup, whereas standard headphones just have 2 pin type connection for sound only etc.

Cheers

I use my phone in my car with an old "tape to jack" :huh: adapter. I am able to speack using mic, even when plugged. (was on 1.8 a long time before release, now on LCR-F but it always worked. Have you tried with another headset ? Maybe rekative to pin, as the shark said

C you, too tired (enven if it is only 8pm). Must sleep a little before falling hill.

(Currently writing theme management for Lcr settings)

Edited by malez

Guest L0cu7us
of course it can be done using ins_run or by installing autokiller from market

i have already a script into /data/run

but even if i change SETTINGS parameter, on the following reboot it doesn't set my cfg.

hi all,

i'm facing some big problem when connected to 3g networks: i can't neither receive calls/sms nor make phone calls.

how can i restore the stock kernel to check if it is something related to it?

does anyone have some hint?

anyone? malez, can you help me?

Guest luvandroid

Hi All,

My acer liquid message indication won't turn off, always shows message icon on top of the liquid ...

Anybody has this problems ? ...

i have already a script into /data/run

but even if i change SETTINGS parameter, on the following reboot it doesn't set my cfg.

Just because you script is executed too early on boot stage. Could you give me the content of your script ?

Hi,

I'm new in android world and I install LCR rom, but i cant use the apps2sd to install applications in sd card.

I create the partition in sd but i need help to use apps2sd. anyone can help me?

thanks

Edited by zm3

Hi,

I'm new in android world and I install LCR rom, but i cant use the apps2sd to install applications in sd card.

I create the partition in sd but i need help to use apps2sd. anyone can help me?

thanks

In recovery, just choose move apps to sdcard