[ROM] Liquid Community ROM E 1.8.2.2 (rebirth)

Guest malez

Nope I didn't open anything in the bugtracker, just posted here. I applied the proper recovery image from you malez 0.6 (does it overwrite the old one?) and then flashed 1.8.2.2 and it did not give me the error I posted earlier.

Also is the Superboot.zip recovery image some older one? I assume malez easy recovery 0.6 is always the one to use.

recovery in superboot.zip is a really really old one. But if you follow the howto is it asked to always check latest malez recovery before applying.

Nope I didn't open anything in the bugtracker, just posted here. I applied the proper recovery image from you malez 0.6 (does it overwrite the old one?) and then flashed 1.8.2.2 and it did not give me the error I posted earlier.

Also is the Superboot.zip recovery image some older one? I assume malez easy recovery 0.6 is always the one to use.

Someone else did the same. Looking at his log, it is the same reason as yours : outdated recovery.

Guest NewAngel
Hi Malez,

Ok for test update.

Have you got ideabox or customkitchen link, where an user can propose a wished function or simply a good idea for a future LCR 1.9, 2.0, 3.0 ...? Long Life to LCR !

Thankyou !

New@ngel

Hi,

Thanks to LCR team and specially Malez for all your work. This LCR is very very speed ! An excelent vintage :lol:

New@ngel

Thank you for the hard work!

After updating to 1.8.2patch2, My Superuser was not working, but recovery said my phone was rooted, so I unrooted my phone and root it with the first option(can't remember, method 1.1). But it was still not working, after rooting with the second option, the phone become rooted again.

However, the recovery changed my superuser app to another one.

Thank you for the hard work!

After updating to 1.8.2patch2, My Superuser was not working, but recovery said my phone was rooted, so I unrooted my phone and root it with the first option(can't remember, method 1.1). But it was still not working, after rooting with the second option, the phone become rooted again.

However, the recovery changed my superuser app to another one.

You are sure you have not downloaded it when it was "deprecated" and not yet annouced ?

Could you download the patch again and test please.

Edited by malez

Guest Small_Hacker
hehe now the "waiting for LCR-F" starts again :lol:

i think its best to say "progress is about 30% and it will take about half a year until we release it" :lol:

I want get it now :lol: B) B)

You are sure you have not downloaded it when it was "deprecated" and not yet annouced ?

Could you download the patch again and test please.

Thanks Malez! After reflashing the patch, everything's fine now, the superuser updated back to 2.3

Thanks Malez! After reflashing the patch, everything's fine now, the superuser updated back to 2.3

So I repeat :

Even if you find a file on lcr site that looks pretty new, do not download it.

If it is marked as deprecated, you have to wait a little. (Some tests need to be done, most of time, DL + flash + some tests).

ONLY download when the file is featured.

So I repeat :

Even if you find a file on lcr site that looks pretty new, do not download it.

If it is marked as deprecated, you have to wait a little. (Some tests need to be done, most of time, DL + flash + some tests).

ONLY download when the file is featured.

+1

Great ROM, stable, happy with it so far (I had liquid galaxy before this, and LS 2.1.4). Battery life is only average though. Any possibility of Fast Dormancy being implemented?

I have a question, do you need to update to the Acer_LiquidE_2.100.07_EMEA_GEN1 bin before going to 1.8.x for optimal performance, etc?

I'm on Rogers and applied 1.8 without changing my bin. It was a A1-04.01.01 baseband ( I dont remember the rom version now, Acer APN is 1.104-2). I heard updating the bin makes it impossible to truly return to the original baseband if I need to bring this in for warrenty work. Are the benefits of updating to the most current bin worth it? Can it make the phone not work on my network anymore?

Sorry for all the questions. Just got my feet wet into this world about a week and a half ago. Been reading and just flooded with lots of info.

Edited by DragonZ

Great ROM, stable, happy with it so far (I had liquid galaxy before this, and LS 2.1.4). Battery life is only average though. Any possibility of Fast Dormancy being implemented?

If you want fast dormancy, you will lose swap ability. But it could be done (even if i am not sure it worth)

I have a question, do you need to update to the Acer_LiquidE_2.100.07_EMEA_GEN1 bin before going to 1.8.x for optimal performance, etc?

I'm on Rogers and applied 1.8 without changing my bin. It was a A1-04.01.01 baseband ( I dont remember the rom version now, Acer APN is 1.104-2). I heard updating the bin makes it impossible to truly return to the original baseband if I need to bring this in for warrenty work. Are the benefits of updating to the most current bin worth it? Can it make the phone not work on my network anymore?

Sorry for all the questions. Just got my feet wet into this world about a week and a half ago. Been reading and just flooded with lots of info.

Upgrading bin provides better network quality and better battery life. If you are happy like this, you can keep your current bin, so in case of warranty, you just have to restore your nandroid backup from stock and reflash original recovery

Before I installed 1.8.2 (on my current bin), I did a Nandroid backup of how my phone was stock. Is the stock recovery included in that backup?

Do you recommend updating to the most current bin?

Thank you very much for all the responses, I appreciate it.

Upgrading bin provides better network quality and better battery life. If you are happy like this, you can keep your current bin, so in case of warranty, you just have to restore your nandroid backup from stock and reflash original recovery

Before I installed 1.8.2 (on my current bin), I did a Nandroid backup of how my phone was stock. Is the stock recovery included in that backup?

Do you recommend updating to the most current bin?

Thank you very much for all the responses, I appreciate it.

I recommand updating. You will always be able to reinstall acer official 2.1 bin later. Even if it is older. It is provided by acer, so they won"t tell anything if you reinstall it before sending for repair. So no problem.