[ROM] Liquid Community ROM E 1.8.2.2 (rebirth)

Guest malez

Can you manually go edit the hosts file to add another host?

Yes of course, just tell us the host to add. You should open an issue "ads filtering : add hosts" as enhancement request

Guest DragonZ
Yes of course, just tell us the host to add. You should open an issue "ads filtering : add hosts" as enhancement request

I checked the hosts file and there seems to be entries there for admob, but I have an app in which banners are still showing 'ads by AdMob'

Maybe there is another admob host the file is missing.

Guest Intenso74

Is there a way to use only the battery icon of the LCR theme, because I use a custom theme and really want that battery icon in it.

Thanks a lot!

Guest HIN_____

how do i turn on apps2sd on this rom?

cuz i tried the "malezRecover 0.6" move apps to sd

and it just won't boot and loop at the bootanimation again and again...

please help, i can't live without apps2sd...

Edited by HIN_____

Guest HIN_____

O...ummmm

i found the problem is that LCR1.8.2.2 do not read LCR 1.8.0.1's Ext2

and i delete the Ext partition and build a new ext3 partition with the malezRecover 0.6

and everythings is fine.

btw, another question

how do i install the original 2.1 calculator.apk into LCR??

i tried install it through abd but it doesn't work.

thanks

Edited by HIN_____

Guest jnemeth

Hi there,

Any idea how to keep my contacts if I want flash this ROM? Actually I did it already but restored nandroid because I couldn't get my contacts.

I tried:

- Titanium backup of "Contacts" - not working

- vCardIO app - export to SD card ok but then it does not import contacts back from the same "backup.vcf" file.

I have ~600 contacts, cleaned just a few months ago, I really would like to get them back easily after flashing LCT 1.8.2.2. (Because it is a great ROM, worth the donation! :) )

Thanks,

J.

Guest MODDGG
Hi there,

Any idea how to keep my contacts if I want flash this ROM? Actually I did it already but restored nandroid because I couldn't get my contacts.

I tried:

- vCardIO app - export to SD card ok but then it does not import contacts back from the same "backup.vcf" file.

I have ~600 contacts, cleaned just a few months ago, I really would like to get them back easily after flashing LCT 1.8.2.2. (Because it is a great ROM, worth the donation! :) )

Thanks,

J.

Just curious ... You do not have your contacts in Google? Why?

Guest jnemeth
Just curious ... You do not have your contacts in Google? Why?

I don't really like the idea to share all of my phone numbers with google... I don't believe in data protection on internet. :)

Anyway, I could put them there only for the synchronization and backup. But then I'm unable to make my phone contacts from the google contacts... Bad enough.

Does anybody have an idea where do I find the contacts in my phone memory? I tried to find them with ESFile manager, show hidden files as well be can't find them.

Hi there,

I tried:

Thanks,

J.

try this and this ..

Edited by skakz

Guest jnemeth
try this and this ..

Thanks for the hint.

It says only before 2.0 system but at least opened my eyes: I really hope I only need to make a proper export from Contacts to SD with the built-in function and after flashing the new ROM do the import with the same tool. Let's see...

EDIT

And it is working!! Shame on me not to think about this already... :)

Edited by jnemeth

Guest raulicio

Same old question: What about LCR froyo? I know you are working on it, and it eill be ready when it's done. But at least a week ago malez said, that "very soon". What does this mean? days? weeks? months? I really appriciate your work, and i'm patient, but it would be great to know...

It's hard to issue a concrete deadline as issues may keep arising. Until all of them are resolved, we won't have a release. So lets just wish them luck!!!

Guest PhilNelwyn
It's hard to issue a concrete deadline as issues may keep arising. Until all of them are resolved, we won't have a release. So lets just wish them luck!!!

They don't need luck, they have skills ^^

I can't wait to see the result of their work.

IMO, the leaks could be a base to the next version of LCR-S, but I'd like LCR-F to be "Acer stuff" free.

This way we could choose, and LCR-F would be faster (when you see the difference in smoothness between current LCR-S and LCR-E...)

What do you think about it ?

Guest Liquidini

How is it possible the 1.8.2.2 works over the froyo leak?

if i understand correct froyo leak is the same kernel with 2.1 bin but the rom is 2.2

so if the kernel is tha same if we update the rom with 1.8.2.2 then the froyo leak becomes 2.1 but with updated radio etc?

???

They don't need luck, they have skills ^^

I can't wait to see the result of their work.

IMO, the leaks could be a base to the next version of LCR-S, but I'd like LCR-F to be "Acer stuff" free.

This way we could choose, and LCR-F would be faster (when you see the difference in smoothness between current LCR-S and LCR-E...)

What do you think about it ?

Well technically S stands for Stream stuff, and the current leaks have none of the stream stuff other than the ui. I know it has dolby switch, but thats broken. It neither has stream camera, nor dolby mobile. So, lcr-s should be based on the current working stream bin (if one is present at all).

But as for lcr-f they could offer two versions, one with the acer UI (but none of the other junk), and the other one with vanilla android. Or they could simply provide a script to remove all the acer stuff from the rom.

How is it possible the 1.8.2.2 works over the froyo leak?

if i understand correct froyo leak is the same kernel with 2.1 bin but the rom is 2.2

so if the kernel is tha same if we update the rom with 1.8.2.2 then the froyo leak becomes 2.1 but with updated radio etc?

???

When you flash a rom like lcr, almost everything (including the kernel) is replaced. The baseband on the other hand is not replaced. A rom will theoritically work on any bin assuming that it is compatible with the present baseband.

Guest raulicio
ok then going back to 2.1 because 2.2 is damn slow .

even with android ui and launcer pro etc etc

SLOW? What are you talking about? The latest leak with android ui and launcher pro is almost faster than any 2.1 rom...

Guest Liquidini
SLOW? What are you talking about? The latest leak with android ui and launcher pro is almost faster than any 2.1 rom...

i dont know its laggy in my phone.

i just flashed the latest bin.i didnt restored anything with titanium backup but its laggy.

i just flashed cm 6.1 and now its FAST!

ok then going back to 2.1 because 2.2 is damn slow .

even with android ui and launcer pro etc etc

LCR-F 1.0 is ready. We just have to update the web site to store it. For me it is as fast or even faster thant 1.8.2.2

Edited by malez

Guest Liquidini
LCR-F 1.0 is ready. We just have to update the web site to store it. For me it is as fast or even faster thant 1.8.2.2

why didnt you do it 10 minutes before the flashing cm 6.1 ahahahhahahaahahha

thanks malez :)

you are the heart of this community!