[ROM] Liquid Community ROM E 1.8.2.2 (rebirth)

Guest malez

Guest myesterious
does phussons 998mhz oc kernel work on this?

show SD Card Damage (but can mount on Recovery and via comp) when OC 998mhz by this kernel ?

Do u have any solution ?

Edited by myesterious

Guest xian1243

The O/C kernel at 998MHz CAN damage your device(s). The liquid is at 768MHz on stock for a reason. It's not a 998MHz CPU but a 768MHz CPU.

You're lucky to be able to overclock at all.

If your SD card is failing, it's probably not related to the kernel, but that you forget to unmount it on your PC before removing it. Use checkdisk on windows, or diskutilist on OSX/Linux to verify the partition... I've actually had the same problem myself, and it was because of my PC not ejecting it properly, corrupting the files.

Don't forget, when overclocking you take the risk to damage your device.

EDIT: I didn't notice that L0cu7us used LCR's ramdisk, my apologies... :) I can upload dhd.ko and ramzswap.ko for any other kernels if you need them. Just ask.

Xian

Edited by xian1243

Guest Rajit
The OC kernel @ 998MHz CAN damage your device(s). The liquid is at 768MHz on stock for a reason. It's not a 1GHz CPU but a 768MHz CPU.

If your SD card is failing, it's probably not related to the kernel, but that you forget to unmount it on your PC before removing it. Use checkdisk on windows, or diskutilist on OSX/Linux to verify the partition...

EDIT: I didn't notice that L0cu7us used LCR's ramdisk, my apologies... :) I can upload dhd.ko and ramzswap.ko for any other kernels if you need them. Just ask.

Xian

Xian are you back??

Also, i did flash the new boot. Performance is great. But some things id like you people to try out... i had also flashed the 998MHz @ 1.275v that xian had provided for his 0.9 rom. With that the performance on lcr 1.8 was scintillating. You should really give it a try. But the only problem was that wifi wouldnt work. So, i guess it was related to the dhd file. Anyways, give it a shot and tell me what you think.

Guest Rajit
Don"t forget than before using xian kernel, we must ask him the right to do it

Yes we would need to ask him if it were being integrated into the rom as a part of it. But we're just some random people from the community. Xian had provided the rom and kernels for all to use. I think we can use it with other roms. I dont think he would mind. Plus, it says all over that its 1.8 + xian 1.0, so i guess that credits no problem as well...

Guest djinferno806
The O/C kernel at 998MHz CAN damage your device(s). The liquid is at 768MHz on stock for a reason. It's not a 998MHz CPU but a 768MHz CPU.

If your SD card is failing, it's probably not related to the kernel, but that you forget to unmount it on your PC before removing it. Use checkdisk on windows, or diskutilist on OSX/Linux to verify the partition... I've actually had the same problem myself, and it was because of my PC not ejecting it properly, corrupting the files.

Xian

With all due respect that isnt possible. Qualcomm only has 1 GSM single core snapdragon processor. The 8250. This runs at a speed of 1 Ghz. Now if acer underclocks theirs, its for either heat/power saving reasons. Ive been a PC guru when it comes to OC'ing and cpu's for years and if mobile cpus are subjected to the same naming rules, then it means only 1 8250 can ever exist and they all have the same clock speed. IF they made a 768mhz snapdragon it would be a different model number.

Another thing that could of happened is the stepping for the later snapdragons (liquid E's) could be a better yield meaning they runs alot more stable at higher clock speeds. This accounts for certain people clocking theirs at 1ghz+ easily (like me). Its also probable that acer took a shipment of lower yield 8250's and underclocked them because they wouldnt all be stable at 1ghz. You see this alot with intel and AMD, they just give it a different name and lower clock speeds. But acer could of bought the "scraps" from qualcomm and used them with the same name.

Just a possibility.

Which means some of us actually have fully fledged 1ghz cpu's and they run without a problem at that speed.

Edited by djinferno806

Guest myesterious

Hey

I have try Xian_LiquidE_v1_OC_Boot then SD Card does not show Damage :)

but cpu is just run 960mhz max

but overall its ok i thought :D

Guest L0cu7us
L0cu7us : modules are in the boot.img ramdisk in modules directory.

unfortunately it use an 'old' ramzswap version (0.5.x versus 0.6.x+patch) :-(

and also use an additional module (xvmalloc.ko) that your scripts doesn't use...

so if i must also mod your scripts to make things work ;-)

I have joint an update.zip with original boot.img and modules restoration. You can use it as a base your update.zip (I have tested it really quickly but it must be good)

yes, this is a thing i'm doing right now oops, you already do :)

Don"t forget than before using xian kernel, we must ask him the right to do it

yup , done :D

Edited by L0cu7us

With all due respect that isnt possible. Qualcomm only has 1 GSM single core snapdragon processor. The 8250. This runs at a speed of 1 Ghz. Now if acer underclocks theirs, its for either heat/power saving reasons. Ive been a PC guru when it comes to OC'ing and cpu's for years and if mobile cpus are subjected to the same naming rules, then it means only 1 8250 can ever exist and they all have the same clock speed. IF they made a 768mhz snapdragon it would be a different model number.

But you realize they only have a certain yield? (Well, after reading the 2nd part of your post you obviously do.) There are Snapdragons which won't run at 1Ghz - some companies may throw them away, but most sell them for low-end devices (3-core AMD-CPUs, almost any Low-End GPU). There are chips who can take higher frequencies (some AMD 3-cores even have 4 functioning cores) - but there is no guaranty. And why should they rename it? It still is a embedded device with the same features - only a lower frequency.

Another thing that could of happened is the stepping for the later snapdragons (liquid E's) could be a better yield meaning they runs alot more stable at higher clock speeds. This accounts for certain people clocking theirs at 1ghz+ easily (like me). Its also probable that acer took a shipment of lower yield 8250's and underclocked them because they wouldnt all be stable at 1ghz. You see this alot with intel and AMD, they just give it a different name and lower clock speeds. But acer could of bought the "scraps" from qualcomm and used them with the same name.

Huh? You kinda contradicted yourself there?! First you say there are no differences - and now suddenly there are?

And I guess there still could be thermal issues which won't show immediate effects (although I doubt it).

Which means some of us actually have fully fledged 1ghz cpu's and they run without a problem at that speed.

My Liquid (from November) runs 1,1Ghz+ with no problems whatsoever.

Btw: This is a great rom - I just can't decide wether to use 1.7 oder 1.8 :)

Edited by Ayur

Guest L0cu7us

just to give the right credits, xian kernel is derived from phh kernel git, so CREDITS to PHH, Xian and LCR team ! :)

Edited by L0cu7us

Guest djinferno806
But you realize they only have a certain yield? (Well, after reading the 2nd part of your post you obviously do.) There are Snapdragons which won't run at 1Ghz - some companies may throw them away, but most sell them for low-end devices (3-core AMD-CPUs, almost any Low-End GPU). There are chips who can take higher frequencies (some AMD 3-cores even have 4 functioning cores) - but there is no guaranty. And why should they rename it? It still is a embedded device with the same features - only a lower frequency.

Huh? You kinda contradicted yourself there?! First you say there are no differences - and now suddenly there are?

And I guess there still could be thermal issues which won't show immediate effects (although I doubt it).

My Liquid (from November) runs 1,1Ghz+ with no problems whatsoever.

Btw: This is a great rom - I just can't decide wether to use 1.7 oder 1.8 :)

you missed my point in my second paragraph, i was just trying to explain how whether the chip is of high yield or not, its still a 1ghz chip. which means you have a percentage of probably running at 1ghz or not depending on what chip batch yours came from. Im not contradicting myself because i still say there can only be ONE 8250 but with possible varied yields. My whole point is they are still 1ghz chips. And every cpu company always changes the name of their cpu's if they are going to sell it as a lower frequency cpu. Its just good ethics.

sorry if it seemed confusing, im just trying to be informative so that not every member thinks they are "ACTUALLY" overclocking. Some might just be running at their cpu's "comfort" point.

Edited by djinferno806

Guest xaueious

In response to 'does overclocking kill my phone', it can if whoever built the kernel decided to set the CPU voltage too high. I've been building my own so I know exactly what voltages are being applied, but the stock kernel allows for voltages up to 1.5v if you set it, which cannot be good for the CPU at all. But I don't think anyone has even touched those to the point that it will fry your CPU.

Your distributed kernels have all been tested because boot.img packing is a bit of a hack, requiring different deployments at seemingly random times. So it is likely that the person who built your kernel actually flashed it to their own phones. Let's just hope they don't have that much money to spare eh :)

On compcache, you guys could just use my kernel source. Compcache 0.62 is a staging driver and it builds all nicely no strings attached

http://gitorious.org/liquide-xau

And yes I branched this from phhusson

Just use the CONFIG_LIQUID and you will have it all nice and tidy :D

On overclocking, I really don't recommend going past 1.275v, because the phone gets really hot, especially when charging. I'm personally running at 920MHz and 1.275v, because I have found 960MHz at 1.3v to be a little on the unstable end.

Edited by xaueious

Guest L0cu7us

on my device, if i try quadrant test @960 with scaling set to performance it doesn't run at all, if i set the same to ondemand it run and score very well :-)

Guest myesterious
Hey

I have try Xian_LiquidE_v1_OC_Boot then SD Card does not show Damage :)

but cpu is just run 960mhz max

but overall its ok i thought :D

Now, wifi start unable but i dont try wifi-fix from Galaxy-Liquid yet.

Guest malez
Now, wifi start unable but i dont try wifi-fix from Galaxy-Liquid yet.

If your wifi does not start, that is because you have changed the kernel and have not putted to corresponding modules in /system/etc/wifi

Guest malez

I am on 1.8.0.1 since yesterday and it looks like battery usage is better (no more android system on top of battery usage, just GSM Standy and Phone). This night, with 2 google account sync, used 1.77%/h. Of course I was sleeping and phone was in standby.

Guest L0cu7us
I am on 1.8.0.1 since yesterday and it looks like battery usage is better (no more android system on top of battery usage, just GSM Standy and Phone). This night, with 2 google account sync, used 1.77%/h. Of course I was sleeping and phone was in standby.

What do you mean with 1.8.01 ? :) (found)

my lcr1.8 + lcr/xian/phh kernel is great with battery duration.

Edited by L0cu7us

Guest simoneser

Hi Malez.

I'm using LCR 1.8 from the release day. It's a very great rom!

Anyway, i'm noticing an annoying bug. Once a day, in LauncherPRO, i have some problem. Widget are not refreshing:

for example, with Power Control Widget, i turn WiFi ON but the icon in the widget stays off, altough in the notification bar the wifi icon shows up.

Also other widgets have the same problem: for example the time in Fancy Widget isn't synced, and Music Player stays on the old song i was listening, even if I press "Next" and it plays the new song.

It is fixed when rotating the device in landscape and back in portrait, but is annoying..

Could you fix it?

I don't think that is LauncherPRO related because i never had this problem on other roms.

Guest malez
Hi Malez.

I'm using LCR 1.8 from the release day. It's a very great rom!

Anyway, i'm noticing an annoying bug. Once a day, in LauncherPRO, i have some problem. Widget are not refreshing:

for example, with Power Control Widget, i turn WiFi ON but the icon in the widget stays off, altough in the notification bar the wifi icon shows up.

Also other widgets have the same problem: for example the time in Fancy Widget isn't synced, and Music Player stays on the old song i was listening, even if I press "Next" and it plays the new song.

It is fixed when rotating the device in landscape and back in portrait, but is annoying..

Could you fix it?

I don't think that is LauncherPRO related because i never had this problem on other roms.

From what I can read you have widget refresh issues. I strongly advice you to update Launcher Pro (version 0.7.2.0 is available). Have you tried to reset defaults settings in laucher pro ?

Guest malez
Hi,

Question : patch for LCR 1.8 to 1.8.0.1 (no wipe) soon ?

thx a lot

Just update all your apps from market. Titanium had a bug that consumed a lot (root access request in background that failed in time-out) Android system was on top in battery consumption. Launcher pro and esFile explorer have also been updated. That is the reason why it is .0.1 not .1

That was not relative to the rom itself but to applications

Edited by malez

Guest thongrim

Yesterday I flashed LCR1.8, run the cleanrom script (so no titanium nor esFile explorer), but battery consumption remained big :) what can I do?