[ROM] AOSP/CM6 for liquid (new Aug 10)

Guest koudelka

Guest koudelka
I have ext2 for apps2sd.. I thought that was the issue but I wasn't sure.. So this doesn't support ext2 then

I know phh has had some bugs with ext2 for his rom, and I am using his boot.img. But this seems to be some other thing also, after looking in logcat there is some feature it looks for that might not be included in phh kernel/ramdisk

Edited by koudelka

Guest phhusson
I have ext2 for apps2sd.. I thought that was the issue but I wasn't sure.. So this doesn't support ext2 then

AFAIK, it's a bug in vold, it will try only the LAST available partition of the sdcard, and it can't mount ext2.

Guest koudelka
Does proximity sensor and haptic feedback work in this?

no proximity sensor, haptic feedback works in android but not on capacitive keys (same as phh FRF91 rom)

on another note, I think this room is becoming pretty usable. I will try using it for some days :)

Guest koudelka
CM6 rom is really slow :s

let it load music/photos/sync after first boot and it will become a bit faster. also remove all those widgets on adw homescren, probably better installing prolauncher =)

I just tried opening maps a couple of time, and suddenly it started working Oo and now it dosent crash anymore...

Edited by koudelka

Guest boostnek9

GRR! the more I read, the more I get mad! lol

I wish I could DEV!! I just don't know where to start! Once I'm in it i'm in but I would love to know where I start after I download the ROM

Guest akira.pwr

Nice works Koudelka! I'm trying this rom over .63 bin, it's a bit laggy in some situation, but it can be it need to be used, let me see.

That's a nice alternative to phhroyo.

Thanks.

I have a question, i see there is a version of ADW launcher implemented, it's the same version i can download from market? There is something different different:

com.android.launcher

org.adw.launcher

Thanks.

Edited by akira.pwr

Guest koudelka
GRR! the more I read, the more I get mad! lol

I wish I could DEV!! I just don't know where to start! Once I'm in it i'm in but I would love to know where I start after I download the ROM

Haha, same here! I know how to put together the rom, but I dont really know how to fix some issues. (I am mostly just guessing and trying different theories X) and getting tons of help from phh)

Nice works Koudelka! I'm trying this rom over .63 bin, it's a bit laggy in some situation, but it can be it need to be used, let me see.

That's a nice alternative to phhroyo.

Thanks.

I have a question, i see there is a version of ADW launcher implemented, it's the same version i can download from market? There is something different different:

com.android.launcher

org.adw.launcher

Thanks.

well, It is not the same .apk file as you find on the market. This ADW launches is built from source together with the rest, but I think it has the same features (I dont know, since I never used ADW before :)).

I know this rom is a bit laggy in some situations, and I cant really understand why yet... I think this is pretty much the same stuff as in FRF91 rom, but it is much less laggy for some reason. Maybe I have missed some config options? Anyone has any theories what causes this type of slowdown? (seems to me it is lacking hardware acceleration to render popups, but 3d works well and I get good fps in neocore so graphical acceleration is working, something I am missing?)

Guest xaueious

is there any weird things going on in the kernel log?

as for adw, you are supposed to go to the official anderwebs site and flash the update.zip

Edited by xaueious

Guest koudelka
is there any weird things going on in the kernel log?

so far I have not been doing that much debugging, I dont have time atm :) . If someone did find something in logs please share it =)

Edited by koudelka

Guest tmp_do

something wrong with 2d libs:

E/copybit (  125): copyBits failed (Operation not permitted)

E/libagl  (  125): copybit failed (Unknown error: -1)

3d worx fine

Guest koudelka
something wrong with 2d libs:

E/copybit (  125): copyBits failed (Operation not permitted)

E/libagl  (  125): copybit failed (Unknown error: -1)
3d worx fine
Yes, I have seen that also. But I dont know if it is connected to the popup slowness. it seems to mostly come when having a textbox like facebook login active copybit and gralloc is built from codeaurora's tree. it is also what phh use in his rom(that was what fixed the graphical artifacts for him) also dmesg
<3>[ 6937.238798] mdp_ppp: invalid image!

<3>[ 6937.259063] mdp_ppp: invalid image!

<3>[ 6937.508461] mdp_ppp: invalid image!

Edited by koudelka

Guest tmp_do
Yes, I have seen that also. But I dont know if it is connected to the popup slowness. it seems to mostly come when having a textbox like facebook login active

copybit and gralloc is built from codeaurora's tree. it is also what phh use in his rom(that was what fixed the graphical artifacts for him)

also dmesg

<3>[ 6937.238798] mdp_ppp: invalid image!

<3>[ 6937.259063] mdp_ppp: invalid image!

<3>[ 6937.508461] mdp_ppp: invalid image!

for mdp http://code.google.com/p/gaosp/issues/detail?id=2 some things

+ need some modifications in drivers/video/msm/mdp_ppp.c

Edited by tmp_do

Guest akira.pwr

When I flashed this rom, I didn't dalvik wipe (I don't know why), but I want to reflash with all wipes.

I've just done quadrant bench, the results was 306 at 1st run and second run 417, yesterday with phhroyo was 925.

In the market I can't find adobe flash player, is it normal???

Battery drain seems similar frf91 by phh.

I only report something I met this morning, I try to reflash with all wipes, maybe something works better :)

Thanks for your and Phh work.

Guest koudelka

The major slowness problem has been fixed now (removed debug.sf.hw=0 from build.prop...). I have uploaded new version with the google stuff, look at first post. This one also includes updated boot.img from phh that removes the copybit errors. Usb mount to pc is still not working.

For best experience it might be good to format data before flashing this room =) Enjoy!