Google Maps 4.4 - Places not in launcher

Guest blackcoffee85

Guest blackcoffee85

I'm running MoDaCo r5 Android 2.2 on my Desire and have installed the latest version of Google Maps, which features the new Places app.

There should be a Places icon in the launcher but I don't have it - does anyone know how to display it? I can find and launch the app by using search so it's definitely there!

Guest marcuso
I'm running MoDaCo r5 Android 2.2 on my Desire and have installed the latest version of Google Maps, which features the new Places app.

There should be a Places icon in the launcher but I don't have it - does anyone know how to display it? I can find and launch the app by using search so it's definitely there!

same issue here wirh r6. App-icon only shows up when searching for it - not in any other list or launcher.

EDIT: it does show in "Folder-Organizer"

Edited by marcuso

Guest blackcoffee85
ive just updated and this is showing in my launcher. Im running r6

Seems the trick is a reboot - rebooted and the icon now displays. Hopefully this thread will help others!

Guest Heppieboeddah

A Reboot after the update is supposed to solve that ....

See above my post...he was faster....:-)

Edited by Heppieboeddah

Guest marcuso
A Reboot after the update is supposed to solve that ....

See above my post...he was faster....:-)

confirmed - so this time the standard support-answer "have you tried to switch off and on again" really helped ;-)

Guest Heppieboeddah
confirmed - so this time the standard support-answer "have you tried to switch off and on again" really helped ;-)

The second one is: "did you do a full wipe?"

:(