Rooted Nexus - No Service

Guest rollthedice16

Guest rollthedice16

Hi everyone,

Hope you can help me. I tried to root my Nexus (build FRF91) tonight and I don't think I did it correctly. After rooting my phone I turned it on and could not get any service, kept getting "Sorry! Process System is not Responding." Selecting either Force Quit or Wait did not fix the problem.

I thought maybe I didn't do the process correctly so did the superboot process again. Turned my phone on and success! I have service.

And then.. I turned off my phone to flash a recovery image but I didn't hold down the power button/trackball properly so it just turned on as normal. And now my phone is back to having no service.

I'm not sure what to do. I'm a Android noob (so please keep it simple)

Update:

Turns out the instructions I was following were wrong, (I'm on a mac so using terminal) the instructions only went up to typing "chmod +x install-superboot-mac.sh" now I've found out I also have to put in "./install-superboot-mac.s"

I do this and my phone reboots. Everything is working fine - wifi connects, I have service etc. I decide to turn my phone off then on to see if it is still the same... I'm back to having no service and getting the "Sorry! Process system is not responding!"

If anyone has any help/suggestion I'd be super grateful, and apologies for this turning into an essay.

Edited by rollthedice16

I had exactly the same problem with the FRF91 superboot - it worked fine, but then when I powered down and switched back on, I had no service.

I simply re-rooted with the FRF83 superboot instead (even though my settings say my phone is FRF91) and my phone now works perfectly, even after rebooting.